Monday, April 30, 2012

Slow Week


Wapendwa Familia na marafiki, (Swahili)
 
This week was one of the toughest weeks for Missionary work. Let’s head to “Missionary Weekly” and I can show you... or I guess, tell you... ok, I guess write about...zzzZZZZzzz... Sorry, “Missionary Weekly” has been shut down due to some technical difficulties'.... Wait, what? NOOOOO How am I supposed to share what happened this week without the flare and humor...'Just kidding’...Phew.........
  Welcome to Missionary weekly where we journey around the mission areas and see how the Missionaries are doing in helping others come unto Christ.... Today, we see how the Nevada City Elders are doing to get the area back on its feet again and strengthening the ward. We will hear all this and maybe more on “Missionary Weekly”.
Missionary Weekly
  04/24/12 - Today we were thinking about ways to help build the ward, so we can find more people to teach through referrals, instead of tracting.  Today we had our ward mission coordination meeting. We decided to ask for the five names that we had requested from the leaders.  Sadly, they only had three total and two of those were people we're already working with. I'm not sure how to get the ward more excited about missionary work?

  04/25/12 - With the little success we've had so far. We decide to make a better list of our members and organize them by area. Sadly, that took most of the day, today.

  04/26/12 - Interviews.... today!!!!! Oh great... the interview went fine. Just like before I was picked first. Seems like that happens every time. loll  I guess I'm his favorite or something.... We also did our weekly planning.  We planned... for four people... yeah not as many as we did when I was in Chico, but we will get the area up... and running.

  04/27/12 - oh wait.... my bad interviews were this day instead of yesterday. lol  Basically the same thing happened.  We worked on the list. Yeah... it was good fun.

  04/28/12 - Can I just stop here? We had a repeat day this day.

  That's it for “Missionary Weekly”. Join us next week for the end of transfers.  Come see who will stay and who will leave?

  Yeah, not much has happened this week, but we will end this transfer better than we have ever before!!!!! HOORAH!!!

 Okay, time for the fun Game of Q&A Corner.  Hooray!!!!!

  Q1. What was the best thing that happened this week? Any spiritual moments that touched you? What was something new that you learned during your study time?
 
  A1. The best thing would be... hmmmm.... having a good time with Sean and his family.  The worst would be having the majority of our lessons cancel on us. One spiritual moment that I had this week would have been on Sunday.  I just felt so light that day and felt good. Another spiritual moment would be when we are with Russ.  I always feel the spirit when I visit him. No other major events that I can think of. I have been using the Book of Mormon student study guide and doing the question at the end. I discovered that I'm a “Murmurer”, at times. lol  I'm working on that.

  Q2. How is Brother Hansen (Grandpa) that was baptized recently? Is he still coming to Church and participating in the ward? How is Sean doing? Did the other Elders contact his relative to discuss the gospel?
 
  A2. You mean Brother Baker? He's doing well. He's been coming to church, but always leaves after sacrament. Sometimes he stays for all three hours, though. As for Sean he is doing awesome. He received the Priesthood yesterday. Yeah!!!! As for his Grandfather, he has not been contacted yet. We called the Elders and they didn't answer. Not much has happened there.

  Q3. How is the budgeting going? How about the cooking? Have you had any especially great dinner appointments? 

  A3. I'm doing better I haven't been using my allotment card these past few weeks.  I also have been cooking more often.  Mostly rice and chicken patties.  No mom, not your rice sadly.  We have no baking dishes. We do steamed rice, which is not too bad, if I do say so myself. We've been booked full this past week with dinners so things are looking better.

  Q4. How is the weather there? We had several days of really hot weather (summer) in the 80s. Then we went back to spring weather rainy and cooler like in the 60s and 70s. I kind of like the 70s weather. I am eager to get my garden in and flowers planted.

  A4. It seem that we have the same weather as you guys, nice warm weather no rain yet.

  Q5. Have you done any service days or projects? Do the missionaries help elderly members with yard work? That might even lead to making new contacts, just an idea.

  A5. We have one today. We are helping someone move. Also, later this week with the Russ family we're going to help with the sprinklers. Let’s hope I have Dad's skills with me, right? lol

  Q6. Any new driving adventures? How are the P90X sessions going? Are they getting easier? I really am going to start walking 1 mile a day and get in some other extra exercise where I can. Wish me luck.

  A6. Driving? What's that? I haven't yet. P90X hurts like crazy, but it is getting a little easier.  Have Martin try it.  Holy cow it burns like none other. Good luck.

Hummm, this is not as big as my other E-mails, but it will do.  This week will get better. I have a feeling that things will change soon. Hopefully changes for the better.  How about all of you? How are ya doing? And this question goes out to everyone that is reading this. Well you know the tune.

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, Arrivederci!, kwaheri, sudie Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City singing out, Peace on!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment