Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter


Lorem Genus et Amicitia, (Latin)                                  4/9/12
 
Happy Egg Hunting day!!!! Everyone, this was one really odd week, man I always say that. It’s never a good week or a bad week and yet, thing always change.  Sometimes we stick to plans but it's always an ODD week.  I don't know why I always start off my emails like that? Oh well, maybe next week will be better, eh? Well let’s change that channel to something better than " My Missionary Drama"...Click... "Welcome to Driving with Missionaries, where we see the most crazy drivers on the plan-"...Click.... " Now when you take the chicken and you--". Click... " Welcome to Missionary Weekly California Roseville edition, where we see how the missionaries in the field are doing in building the Kingdom of God here on earth. Today, we see how the Nevada City Elders and the Grass Valley Elders enjoyed their Easter together, away from their families. We also see how a contract can motivate one to workout and lose weight. We'll hear all this and more on "Missionary Weekly".

Missionary Weekly
 04/03/12 - Errand Day!!! Though it was a Tuesday, it seems the missionaries in Nevada City ward went shopping for groceries, did laundry, and such.  They also seemed to be able to fit in a little bit of contacting in the busy schedule, somehow.  No success, though. As they were getting ready for lunch with Grass Valley missionaries they (Elder Buhler and Elder Gillen) decided to make a contract to help them lose weight.  Somehow they got me involved in it…  “Oh dear”....  I was so sore that night and the rest of the week.

 04/04/12 - District meeting was this day. The Elders in the Auburn North Zone got together and discussed the importance of study.... ZZZZzzzZZZ ... Oh yeah, wait what? Oh sorry, I was just dozing. Anyway, the rest of their day was the same as the last day.

 04/05/12 - This day was better than some. We had a couple of actual appointments. WHOO HOO!!! It was nothing too exciting, just visiting the Belendez family and good old, Russ.

 04/06/12 – Today was just like the last day, busy as ever with lessons and such. Still not much success with “finding” on our own, sadly.

 04/07/12 - Weekly Planning moved to this day, because of the busy Schedule yesterday.

 04/08/12 – “Happy Egg Hunting Day People” – Oh, wait I already said that. Oh well, it was a good Easter Sunday. We had a delicious dinner with the DeMartines family. Nice succulent ham, but I do miss the traditional Sunday spaghetti dinner. (mmmmm)   After Church, I had time to watch the movie that you made Dad, “He's my Son”. And there it was, I started to cry my eyes out.... again.  I really started to take the message of the Resurrection to heart.  The song and the pictures in the movie really bring the message of Easter to light. 

   That's it for Missionary Weekly. Be sure to join us next time, to see how the missionaries are doing.

   “Next channel please, but the remotes all the way over there! Then stand up and walk over there.  Fine, gee-whiz ... Click....

  Welcome back to Q&A Corner, the Game show that makes no sense... and everyone wins.

Q1. How many lessons have you taught this past week? Any special experiences happen with your investigators or less active members? What did you learn from those you teach?

A1. We taught four lessons all together.  Nothing really special happened.  We are now being hit with referrals, so the work is now moving onward and upward.  HUZZAH!!!

Q2. Any new driving experiences? Are you learning to enjoy driving? Does Elder Buhler let you drive or do you make him nervous? Remember Practice makes perfect, well better anyway.

A2. Nope we just gave up on me driving the truck, so I just let Elder Buhler drive.  Yeah. whoo hoo!!!

Q3. What have you found in your studies that inspired or motivated you this week? In conference this weekend we were told to study our scriptures individually and as a family. We are setting a goal to read as a family each day. Any advice you can share about how to keep that goal? Time of day is a big decision for us.

A3. I'm starting over in the Book of Mormon and using the Student Study Guide I got from lds.org. I've been doing the activities in the PMG, to help me find ways to study, yeah...study.

Q4. What do you do on P-day, now? Do you still do the Frisbee golf? Would you like a Frisbee for your Birthday? Do you have time to get all your domestic chores done? (Laundry, dishes, bathroom, and shopping etc.) It appears you still eat out often. Do you get invited to member’s homes for dinner very often? Are you cooking more? How can I help with that (cooking) and staying within a budget?

A4. Whatever I feel like Gosh!!!! We still play Frisbee a little bit, not a lot now a-days. You can send one if you want? I already have four different ones. The discs we use are different from Frisbees, but sure... I guess. I'd just like some music. That's one thing I miss, is my music. I'm trying to stop eating out, but it’s hard to get off that habit. I'm doing better though.  I made pigs in a blanket the other day.  Yeah we usually get everything done that we need to on P-day.

Q5. Dad wants to know if you were invited to anyone's Easter Celebrations on Sunday? Did anyone bring all of you Easter Baskets or anything special? Did you have an opportunity to share the Easter Message with a new investigator or new contact?

A5. Yeah, we did have dinner at a member’s home.   No baskets though, but everything else was good.  Please see 04/08/12 for more info.

Q6. Are you writing your testimony in your journal often? It will change often as you learn, grow and teach the gospel. Write it down and then go back often to read it and see how much you grow and change.

A6. I'm trying. I'm not perfect, but I do my best.  I do love looking through it every now and then, seeing the changes I've gone through.

   That's it for this week hope your having fun on this journey with me.  Wait, oh never mind, that's it..........darn! That's the end. Well I really guess that's it for this e-mail. Until next time, you know the song....
 Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face.  Auf Wiedershen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, Arrivederci!, Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time, this is Elder Morris in Nevada City singing out. Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment