Tuesday, April 3, 2012

New Companion - Elder Buhler


Bonjour La Famille et Les Amis,
         What a long week this has been and busy too, oddly enough. Let’s say that I haven't work as much this past week as I did when I was with Elder Arnett, but it was tough at the same time too. Great news, CONFERENCE WEEKEND WAS AWESOME!!!!!! Not many talks about missionary work, but you know there were a few. Oddly though, the most common subject they talked about was families and love in the home. It kind of made me think that soon I will be a parent myself. I took a good 10 pages of notes on conference. Basically some quotes that really stuck out to me. It’s a good thing too, because I forget so easily.  Both in life and other things, I mean, I misplace the phone every now and then. Ha, ha, I'm getting better, so don't you worry mom!!!
  .... (T.V. White Noise)....  Welcome to Missionary weekly where we check up on God's army in the field and see how they progressing with the Lord's work. Today, we head to Nevada City to see how the new team is doing together. Then we will see how the work is progressing in that area of California. Next we will head to El Salvador to check on Hna Holladay and see how life is there while working as a servant of the Lord.  All this and more, today in Missionary Weekly.

  03/26/12- Transfers are one of a missionaries greatest joys and greatest sorrows. To get more experience, missionaries move to one area then to another. This is also known as transfers. Missionaries in the California Roseville Mission recently had these transfers happen. The Nevada city Missionaries were part of the transfers that happened. Elder Brooks and Elder Morris spend their last P-day together as a companionship. This is to be their last day together so they are making it count by going out and visiting members.
   
  03/27/12- A new missionary comes to town from Gridley, CA. Elder Nathan Buhler from Highland, Utah joins Elder Morris in his adventures in Nevada City. Elder Buhler will be Junior Companion, that's right Elder Morris is now Senior Comp. Okay enough of the News announcements. (Voice or typing lingo) Any way, Elder Brooks and I went to Yuba, to pick up Elder Buhler and drop Elder Brooks off there, for his ride to Paradise. Apparently, I had to drive back to Grass Valley. (Yeah my point exactly) How on earth am I going to get back to Grass Valley? Thank goodness Elder Buhler has a GPS, Yeah. We got back safely then later that night I nearly killed us both by not putting the truck fully in park and releasing the parking brake while I was not in the car. BUT that's another story for another time. In the end we are yet, still alive or I wouldn't be able to type this letter.

  03/28/12 - We went out to visit a few people and introduce Elder Buhler. We had a little success. We were able to get a few return appointments, so it was a pretty good day.

  03/29/12 - Thursday was our district meeting, so had that and invited one of the people we were teaching to a meeting. It went well.

 03/30/12 – Poor, poor Elder Buhler, was sick all day. We couldn't do much. Thank goodness for Elder Gillen, though. We actually had a lesson that day so he came with me, in Buhler's stead.

 03/31/12 - General Conference

 04/01/12 - General Conference

   That's it for Missionary Weekly, join us next time to see how they're doing.

Ok, I know that's not a lot, but hey it was a long week. Let’s head to Q&A Corner, shall we?

Q1.   What was your favorite talk in general conference?  Why did you like it?  How did it apply to you?
A1.   My favorite? It's Hard to say... I like them all. I guess I'll have to choose Dieter F. Uchtdorf's talk on "Stop it".

Q2.    What was your first impression of Elder Buhler?  What have you learned about him this week?  What do you have in common?  How is he different from you?  Tell us a little about him.
A2.     Hey, I thought he's pretty cool. Still think he's a good missionary and a very hard worker too.  He’s pretty chill too. He learned not to get sick and let Elder Morris Drive. He likes video games. His favorite game is Skyrim, a mid-evil type of game. He's 21 and I'm 19, but I've been out longer than him. To read more information about Elder Buhler, check out Missionary Weekly.

Q3.   Did you catch up with the investigator that you found during exchanges?  Have you contacted the referral you got from the Elders in Yuba?
A3.  A few of them, we did contact the referral from Yuba. We had an appointment with him today, but he didn't show up, sadly.

Q4.   What was the best thing about this past week?  What challenges have you had this past week?  How did you over come that challenge?
A4.   General Conference was the best thing.  Driving was the biggest challenge.  Practice will help me overcome the challenge of driving.  The End.

Q5.   Who have you not heard from but wonder about?  What would you like to hear about or whom would you like to hear from?
A5.   Who? Let’s see I've only gotten a letter from you (Mom) this week so far. No other letters yet. Oh you know, the usual people, Grandma and Grandpa Smith, Grandma and Grandpa Morris, Crissy, Martin, Lydia, DAD, other relatives, and anyone from the ward please!!!!

Q6.   What is your ring size?  What is your favorite place to eat?  Where do you shop the most?  What can we send you that will be the most useful?
A6.   Why?  I think 11 or 11 and a half. Why? Out here Subway is good, so is Panda Express and all those other ones. Maybe you could get me my own GPS? If you can do that it would be helpful. Anything else you want to send would be good. Maybe even a keychain or two?

Okay... now for the other part of this Email. My typical day... I wake up at like 06:30 or 06:40, work out using the pull up bar a lot. I can now do 4 without stopping, HOORAH!!! Then at 7:30 we eat breakfast and shower. Study at around 8, then comp study at about 9ish. Then we go out around 10ish. We have lunch at either 12 or 12:30 or 1, then either we hang out with Grass Valley missionaries and wait for mail till 3 or we go out and tract and visit people till dinner around 6:00 or 6:30 or even 5:30. Then we head home and plan for the day. That's the average day for an ordinary missionary. You have other things that happen like service, getting lost and all that other fun stuff.
  Wow, just looking at my previous e-mails. I've changed a lot. My E-mail now is a lot longer and more fun. That's just perfect.
 Well that's it for this E-mail. I hear the band coming. Come and sing along.
  Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face, Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, Arrivederci!, Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City singing out. Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment