Monday, March 26, 2012

"New Companion-Elder Buhler"


Hallo Familie en Vrienden (Dutch),
   Oh man, what a very and I say, Very ODD week. Let’s get down to the main point. Transfers, I... am.... Staying.  Elder Brooks is leaving? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WHYYYYYY!!!!! *sigh* Oh well, that happens I guess.  My new Comp will be Elder Nathan Buhler. He has only been out for 6 months. I guess I'm going to be the Senior Comp.  HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I don't know if I'm ready for that, but I guess I'll take it like it is.  I'm sure I'll be fine, but if you hear that two missionaries in a truck drove off a cliff and didn't survive, yeah....jk. We'll be fine Mom. Any who, that is enough drama for a minute. Let’s head to MISSIONARY WEEKLY!!!!

  MISSIONARY WEEKLY
  This week is what some missionaries call "P-week", for some strange unknown reason. Obviously it’s not because it’s the week before transfers. Not much has happened on campus, I mean area this week.  We tried to visit a few people and it was a sad failure. We couldn't get a hold of anyone this week. One of our investigators was sick and some weren't even at home. So yeah, a pretty chilled week. We weren’t able to visit anyone, but all was not lost. We got a referral from some Elders in Yuba City. We got one referral that we haven't contacted yet.  Elder Buhler and I will take this area by storm, whatever that means. We will get this place flocking!!!! 

“The Singing Hobo”

         One day, I believe it was Friday afternoon, Elder Brooks and I were heading to the Russ's to hang out for a bit because the apartment reeks with mold from the flooding a couple of days ago.  We hit the first stop light and a Hobo, well I guess I shouldn't say that, more like a Person who hasn't showered for years and has no home, was crossing the street in front of us. He stared, right at Elder Brooks and I.  As he was just passing the front of the truck he turned and walked up to Elder Brooks’ window. He rolled the window down. I didn't know what to think. Is he going to ask for money, or was he going to do something worse, like bash us?  Then my fear turn to comfort, when he said, "Are you men of god?" "Yeah" we replied. "That's cool so am I" He said, "I'm living like Jesus did. I’m living in the Mountains." He went on and on about being a good Christian. Then he asked if he could share a song with us. We looked at each other, then at the light and we saw it was still red.  We said, “Sure go ahead”. It was a song he said he wrote and it was pretty good. He could use some singing lessons though, but the lyrics were good.  The song was talking about how Jesus loves you and me and all other people. Then he said, “Thank you and God Bless.”  We said the same to him.  That was an amazing experience.

 That's it for this week’s Missionary Weekly...

Q&A Corner
  Now we head to the wonderful game show Q & A Corner! I'm your host Pat Sajack, I mean Elder Morris.

  Q1. Did Brother Baker get confirmed yesterday? How is he doing? How is his family? I hope he feels loved and welcome.
  A1. Yeah, he did. He's doing well. His son confirmed him, yesterday. He's enjoying the ward. Oh and before you ask, no I don't have a picture of him. He didn't want one taken.

  Q2. Have you heard about transfers? How about you, Elder Brooks, Elder Knight, and Elder Gillian (those are your roommates right?)? I don't want you to miss any letters I send your way.
  A2. * Please see first paragraph for more info. Elder Knight and Gillian are still together.

  Q3. Did you get the flooding fixed again? Has the rain tapered off? We have finally had spring weather. It was sunny all weekend. How has the weather been there lately?
  A3. We got the flooding fixed a while ago, but the place reeks with the smell of mold. I feel like I'm in my old bedroom. I'm starting to sneeze in my sleep again.  We talked to the guy and he said he might get it fix soon. Yes, it's been sunny all week.

Q4. Have you had exchanges lately? Have you met with the investigators you found with the ZL's last time? Who are you teaching right now?
A4. No, not yet. *Please see “Missionary Weekly” for more info on the investigators.

Q5. Are you excited about General Conference? Will you go to the church to watch conference or to a member’s home? I always enjoy conference and really look forward to the messages. Report which talk you like the most in your next letter.
A5. Oh yeah, I am. We're probably going to the Russ's to watch it. Sorry if these answers seem short. I'm just trying to hurry and get this done because we have to go and pick up another missionary soon.

Q6. Do you like driving a truck? Is it automatic or standard (stick shift)? Have you driven it yet? Rachel drives but it is a car of course.
A6. It’s Ok. It's just like driving the Van. It’s an automatic. Thank goodness. I've driven it once because Elder Brooks wasn't feeling well.

Q7. Do you need anything? Are your allergies or asthma kicking in, since spring has arrived? I hope you are feeling well. If you need any prescriptions refilled let me know. OK?
A7. Nah, I’m fine. I'll be Ok. Just send the other stuff I requested a while ago, I guess. Maybe you could send a GPS, would be nice. Please.

Ok that's it for this Email. I better wrap this up. We have a lot of people to visit and say goodbye to and such. You know the Tune!!!!!!

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, Arrivederci! Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City singing out, Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment