Monday, March 12, 2012

"Lift Where You Stand"


Hallo Familie und Freunde,
   Man I think these weeks are just getting hecka longer now. Well as of two days ago I hit my 7th month mark.  I have 17 more to go and I am soooooo trunky (jk), but this week was the most successful ever.  Exchanges, new investigators and.... wait I'm getting ahead of myself. Lets head to “Missionary Weekly”.  Quick to the weekly mobile do do do do do....
  03/06/12 - Exchanges with Zone Leaders, wait I'm not a “greenie” or a missionary with leadership, it doesn't make sense. Oh well, this day was one of the most successful days yet for missionary work. I was with Elder McCoullgh. A very good missionary that only has 2 months left. We went out tracting and we picked up two new Investigators.  It was a little funny because one of the people we picked up was, I think “Cause he is one fine looking young man not an Ugly bird”.  Flirting with him, oh you know what they say, “flirt to convert”. Lol.  This day, I felt that I did more missionary work than I have since I came to Nevada City.  He (Elder McCoullgh) actually made tracting fun.   I'm glad for that experience.

  03/07/12 - This day was all about getting ready for tomorrow. We got our haircuts at the Clines, the family that had the two little girls. It was an interesting night because they (the two girls) took my planner and drew all over it. lol  It was pretty hilarious.

  03/08/12 - L. Tom Perry!!!!! This is the day most memorable (or how ever you spell that) because we went to the Roseville "Temple" (church house, we just call it a temple because its two stories, it’s huge) and I saw all my old Companions, Elder Spjute, Elder Kulhenhoelter and Elder Arnett ( Elder Langford was there but I didn't see him). Man I was so happy. I saw all the Elders except for two that were in my old district.  I felt like I was at a High School reunion.
  The Talks were just as exciting and good.  Elder Maynes and his wife were there as well (Presidency of the Seventy).  Elder Perry's wife spoke as well, but the funniest one was Elder Perry. He is so funny, talking about when he worked at Deseret Farms helping pick tomatoes. He was hanging around little Mexicans and such. lol  The over all point they were getting across is to look for the “Searchers”, true investigators. We had a good old time then we took the chance afterwards to go to Wal-Mart to get a few things. There is no place to shop for miles from our place.  Overall it was an amazing day.

  03/09/12 - Today we had a return appointment with one our new Investigators. I really believe that she is a "Searcher". We just spent time getting to know her and where she's at in life.  You know, the usual.

  03/10/12 - 7th Month Mark, WHOO HOO!!!!!! We were invited to attend a funeral for a member of our ward.  I didn't even know she was in our ward because she just barely moved into our ward boundaries recently. She used to live in the Grass Valley Ward. It was a pretty short program. Afterwards we helped a member move a piano to another member’s apartment, which was upstairs. Ouch! At least it wasn't a Grand piano. It was the kind the church has, so it wasn't that bad. It was Ok.

  03/11/12 – “Seminary Sunday”, is the day when seminary students take control.  This day was basically like a Primary Program, except with seminary students. It was good. It was different, but good.

 Ok, that's it for “Missionary Weekly”.  Phew that’s a lot. Now, let’s head to ................ (Inhale), “Q&A Corner”. *Plop*

  Q1. Has spring arrived in sunny California? It appears it has here, but then we can go back to winter in a blink of an eye in good old Utah.
  A1. Kind of, it's been raining a lot and flowers are blooming, specifically Daffodils (or however you spell it). I'll send pictures. I would send the real thing but I don't think it would survive the trip.

  Q2. How are the baptism preparations coming along? Is Brother Baker getting excited? Who will be doing the baptism? Is his son prepared to do that for him? That would be really special for both of them.
  A2. They're coming along just fine. Yes, he is excited. We have his interview for tomorrow (Tuesday).  Yeah, his son is going to do it.  I'm excited for both of them.

  Q3. How did exchanges with the ZLs go? Did you drive? Was it OK? I know that isn't your favorite thing, but just like everything we do practice makes perfect or at least more comfortable.
  A3. *see 03/06/12 for info. No, thank goodness. I didn't drive and usually the oldest missionary wise (out the longest) will drive.

  Q4. Have you come up with any new ways to find investigators? Maybe you could have a goal to give away a Book of Mormon each week? Talk to people in your ward - Auxiliary leaders such as Relief Society President, Primary President, Elders’ Quorum President and High Priest Leader. They may know people who need to hear the gospel or are ready to find a better life?
  A4. Mom, are you reading out of the “Preach My Gospel” for these questions? It seems like you are. Yes, we are trying to do that but they're not much help.  We've been going to Ward Council every Sunday. We'll see how that helps.


  Q5. We are reading the Book of Mormon again. Are you reading your scriptures as often as possible? They almost always have answers to prayers and solutions to trials and tests. Maybe you can find a new creative way to find people to teach in the scriptures.
  A5. I try to.  I'm on Ether 12? I think 12 or 13, one of those. Ether 12 is a very good one to read about faith.

  Q6. What was the best thing that happened this past week? What was the worst thing that happened? What did you learn from both experiences?
  A6. Ok, now this just sounds like school. lol. The best THINGS that happen this week, I would say, was finding new investigators and L. Tom Perry speaking. The worst, would be... um... probably moving the Piano. That was tough. I really understood what Dieter F. Uchtdorf meant by “lift where you stand” (http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2008/10/lift-where-you-stand?lang=eng&query=lift+stand) and stand for the “good thing” to find the ones who are “searchers”.

  Well I guess that’s it for this email. Oh and Mom, I think I might need a new tote bag for my scriptures. The one I have is ripping pretty bad.  Maybe a new SD card too. The one I have is full now. lol.  Maybe send a photo album to keep my photos in too. I don't know. A Pikachu shirt from JCPenny might be fun? Anyways, time to rap-out this email.
 
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Auf Wiedershen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, Arrivederci! Smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time, this is Elder Morris in Nevada City, singing out. Peace on!!!! (P.S. Yes it's singing out!!!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment