Monday, March 5, 2012

Snow, Snow, SNOW!


                                                                                          3/5’12
Hey Family,
    The snow came and it went just like that.  This week we couldn't do much considering we had SO MUCH SNOW.  It was so beautiful up here, especially the drive after the storm and that we could actually drive.  The trees were covered and  the mountain peaks were capped (picture will come soon). Lets go to our weekly review for this week.
 Missionary Weekly:
   02/28/12: Well, today I actually woke up on time, kind of.  We had a lesson with Allen Baker. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I definitely see an improvement from the first time I taught him to now. Afterwards, we had to do a mission survey for the Mission Program about the “Preach My Gospel”.  Such questions as “what could be more helpful?” “What has helped me?” and more questions like that. That was our day.
  02/29/12: Leap Year, Unstoppable snow, Snowman, snow, SNOW, SNOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!
  03/01/12: This day we went to the Blendez's and chatted for a bit, The younger boy (about 5) thought we were bringing pizza. lol. That’s what his Dad told him right before we came. It turns out we didn't have a dinner that night, so after our short visit we went to Little Ceasars Pizza and got some pizzas. We had dinner there and they were so grateful.
   03/02/12: Once most of the snow had melted and it was safe to drive we decided to take another trip up to Donner Pass just to see how much snow it had.  Oh man they got snow like crazy. It was up to my waist and I still wasn't touching the ground. It was just nutty!!! Later that day Sister Blendez was having a hard time and asked us to come by and give her a blessing. Hopefully everything will be better.
   03/03/12: Exchanges NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! I'm starting to really dislike exchanges, but this was a good one. We had service all day long. We were helping a member in the Grass Valley Ward move to a storage unit in Penn Valley. Here's a good idea, don't get expensive furniture that weighs about a ton. Then we had dinner at the “Indian Oven” an Indian Buffet. It was pretty good, not great, but good and spicy!!!
  03/04/12: Sunday..... Fast Sunday....... *sigh*.......jk. It was a good one. There was a baby blessing and a very odd testimony meeting.  During the Testimony meeting a non-member stood up and bore, I guess you could call it a Testimony, that this is an amazing church. We would teach him, but he's in a different area, Forest Hill.

 And that's it for Missionary weekly.... now for Q&A!!!!

 1. How are you and all your companions doing? Hope you are all feeling well. Elder Arnett mentioned in his letter home that several Elders were sick with the flu in his area.
 A. We're good. All is well!!! Yeah, I read that too. ( As I'm checking my blog, I check his as well).

   2. How is Brother Baker coming along? Is he home from the hospital yet? I hope he feels strong soon. Pray for him and visit him often.
  A. Yeah he's doing better. We're planning his baptism now, like the program and such.

3. Do you still have snow occasionally? We get snow every weekend! Though, today was pretty sunny and nice. I hate to have snow on the roads on Monday mornings when I take Arthur to school.
A. Not occasionally, like right now it's 75 degrees, but we might get snow or I guess some rain soon.

4. Are you doing OK budget wise? I try to keep money in your account. If you need anything, please let me know. Are you all doing a little more cooking? I promise it will save you money in the long run and will be much healthier.
A. I think so, we just got our allotment in. Last month was bad. I only had a dollar left, but I'll do better now. Cooking wise, not much. We haven't been shopping yet, so we will this week.

5. Dad wants to know if you have driven much? Sounds like you have lots of miles to travel to keep up with your area. Does Elder Brooks like to drive? Is he a good driver?
A. I did on Saturday and I might have to tomorrow because we have exchanges with Z.L.s. So yeah, I do drive often but I’m not too happy about it. He does like driving and yeah he's good at it.  He might speed a lot but its ok I trust him.

 6. Aunt Karen asked her girls this question and I liked it so, "If I were a magician and could grant you any wish, what would you wish for?" What would you like to receive in a care package this month? (St Patrick's Day)
A. To come home? Does that count? jk  Hmmmm, lets see........ just some letters every week I guess. I really don't know. I just like some updates from people like Martin, Lydia, Dad,  and maybe even Arthur. Maybe if you want to email me instead go ahead. I want to be updated even while I'm on the Lord's Errand. Don't think it will distract me, because it won't, ok? That's my wish. As for the package some of those CDs (Jon Schmit, Dainel Beck, ect). Talks if you could, (John Bytheway, ect.) and umm........ a plane ticket? lol Just Kidding  some "Cool" stickers too.  Lol.  Idk its hard to know what I want because the stuff I want, I can't have. Some pictures by Del Parson. I guess that's all I can think of......what else?

Well I guess that’s it for this email.  Thats all I have to say today. Until next time,  
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face, Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, Arrivederci! Smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City singing out, Peace on!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment