Monday, February 27, 2012

L. Tom Perry to visit.


Salve Amici e Familiari, Hello Family and Friends,
   What a week. It feels sooooooooooo long compared to other weeks and I don't know why. Usually time goes fast, but this week was a little slow. Well, I guess we can get to the main news. On March 8th, 2012 Elder L. Tom Perry will be coming to the mission for a conference to talk to us. This is so exciting. The conference is going be held in Antelope and the Sacramento mission is also coming up to join us.  There is only one sad part. The missionaries in Anderson zone and Redding zone (all areas north of Chico) are not allowed to come because they're to far north.  They will broadcast it to them. So, yeah a General Authority is coming to the California Roseville Mission. WHOO HOO!
   In other news.... the weather here is SNOW. WHOO HOO! There are nice big snowflakes. I love it!!!! Anyway, this week was a very strange week. First, on Tuesday Colfax area came up to our area because they had to take their Truck to Liberty Motors to get their monthly car check.  We went with them to pick them up while their truck was getting checked.  We hung out with Elder R and Elder C most of the day. It was fun to hang out with Elder C again. Ha Ha Ha I just love that Asian kid. He always cracks me up. I hope we stay together in the same district the rest of the mission. Hee Haw, that would be cool.
   On Wednesday, we had the usual district meeting and the usual district lunch and such. Then we tried to visit a new move-in, but sadly the road to them was really rocky. This is a song me and Brooks put together about it.  Eh hem..."Over the river and through the woods to the H's house we go... the car will break the car will shake over the rocky trail we go O... Over the river and through the woods to the H's house we will go, once we're there we'll find it bare, so back home we will go o".  So, yeah I actually made that up right here and now. lol  It was a nice trip our shocks really stunk though.  We just need a truck AHHHHHH!!!!!
   Thursday was exchanges for Alta, Sierra and Grass Valley.  That day we all just hung out all day.  Good thing we didn't have anything big planned that day. We did have to take Grass Valley's car to Liberty Motors. That was the reason the plans were shot because we had to babysit them for a while. Oh well, it was ok. To tell you the truth I wish I had my Journal on me because I wrote a lot more than I am typing right now. Oh well.
    Friday I can't remember. This is when a Journal comes in handy.
    Saturday was another exchange day for Grass Valley with Penn Valley.  We both had service all day long, moving very and I say VERY heavy furniture. My knee is still soar from it.
   Sunday was a very funny day. The talks were good. The last one was hilarious. The person giving the talk brought a stuffed duck. The duck sang, “If you're happy and you know it”.  His talk was on being happy and joyful.  That just made my day.  At dinner there was a little girl who was celebrating her birthday. She was turning 6 and we talk and talk. She reminded me of my sister because she likes horses.  She acts like her too, in a cute way.  When we were teaching our lesson she jumped into my lap and hugged me the whole time.  Flash backs of home lol.  I think she might of took my tag. lol Oh, I'll get it back later this week. It was so funny because she didn't want us to leave.  I guess we left an impression on her. lol.
   Now for  Q&A!!!!!!!
1. Any lessons taught this week? How is Brother B coming along? Do you feel he is on track to get baptized this coming month?
A. Not a lot. Brother B was in the hospital this week so we didn't have the chance to meet with him. He did come to church!!! So yeah, progress!!!
2. How was Church today? Did you have any less-actives or investigators there? Today was a ward conference and I will write more about that in my letter.
A. * See Sunday and #1.
3. Is it still winter in Nevada City? Do you ever get to ride your bike? I am going to start to do that for exercise. Do you and Elder B ever jog like they did in the "Best Two Years"?
A. A little bit. Its been very warm lately.  Nope, I don't ride my bike at all.  We're planning on going jogging this week, so whoo hoo!!
4. Did you have an earthquake on the coast in California? We heard a rumor that there was a small earthquake on the shore of Northern California. Do you have a plan if there is an earthquake?
A. Not to my knowledge. If there was, I didn't feel it.  I'm far from the coast. I live close to Nevada, just outside of Truckee.
5. I'm sorry I can't get your Dad in gear to get the pictures scanned. I never did see the pictures you mentioned in your last email. Did you not have time to send those? Dad said we could send you a new sim card and you could send us yours? Or you could download your photos onto a computer then put them on a CD and send that to us? Those are just some ideas. What you are doing is fine too.
A. I will try to send you guys a CD soon. I'll get some Cds later today.
6. Tell us a bit about all your roommates/companions. Where are they from? What do they like? What are they good at? How have you served each of them? Always remember to do nice things for them they are your family while you are there.
A. Ok, Elder B: From Springhill, Tennessee. His mother joined the church when she was 13 and served a mission in Canada. His father has been a member his whole life and served his mission in Kentucky. The two met at Washington DC.  He's from LA and she's from Arkansas.  Elder B has a younger sister, who is 16 this month. His family moved a lot because of his dad's work and they finally settled in Springhill.  The Dad fixes Hospital Computers.  He leaves every Monday and comes home every Friday. Elder B loves Photography. His dream job is to work for National Geographic. His back up plan is to work in Marine Biology. He loves Country music.  He hates Spaghetti and Lasagna, because he has had it a lot on his mission so far.  He loves soccer and he used to referee Girls soccer. Loves to read the Inheritance series (Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger, and so forth) and Loves Harry Potter!! 
   Elder K, usually keeps to himself but he's opened up a lot lately.  He loves the University of Utah, disc golf, basketball, and video games, like Halo and Star Craft. He's from Salt Lake and he went to West High.  He is really good at debating. He's planning on going to school afterwards.
   Elder G, big kid, has only 5 months left. He used to serve in Penn Valley. He loves Country and Rap music. He LOVES Taylor Swift (he has a few poster of her in his study room lol.). He's from Colorado.  His favorite quote is “I am you master”, (So annoying).  He is District Leader and a good missionary.
   Is that good enough? lol.
Well that's it for this long Email.  I swear my Emails get longer and longer.  Well, you know the tune.
 Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face.  Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, Arrivederci! Smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City signing out. Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment