Monday, February 13, 2012

"Actual Snow"


Salve famiglia, (hello family)
   We come to the end of another transfer.... *sigh* sad times and happy times.  No, I'm not the one that's getting transferred.  I'm staying in Nevada City and so is Elder Brooks.  Elder Knight is staying as well, but as for the other Elder Morris he's heading to Table Mountain 1st ward in Gridley, CA.  Enough about that, now lets head to BYU weekly, wait!! I mean “Missionary Weekly”.

   Well we didn't hit the high note I had hoped for this week, but got closer.  As of this week we have one Investigator with a Baptism date. There is an odd, but interesting story behind it. We never met the man until a couple of days ago.  We heard about him from his son, who is a member of the church.  It all started last Sunday (Feb, 5 2012) during testimony meeting.  It was a regular testimony meeting, you know with all the travel-monies and my life-a-monies, until Brother Baker, (his son) got up. He bore his and said that he was proud that his father decided to get baptized, "Wait, What?" I was confused at first because I didn’t remember teaching a 90 yr old man.  After sacrament meeting we went up and spoke to Brother Baker.  We set up a time to meet with him and help his father be ready for Baptism.
  
    As for the day of exchanges "WE LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEEEDDDD!!!" It was fine. Driving wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. We did almost get hit though.  Don't ask why; let's just say the gas pedal is now my hero. Lol  It was so weird driving a Corolla just because the Gas pedal has no and I mean NO response/pressure, like when I floored it we were still going very slow.  It is not like the Hyundai Accent back at home. When I floored it... um, wait, never mind. lol

    As for the rest of this week it was meh... but the package did make up for it.  Thank You!!!! How did you know I needed a new Sketchbook? lol Now for the fun part Ladies and Gentlemen it is time for (Crowd roars) "Q & A Corner!!!" That’s Right!

 1. What is the weather like? We woke up to giant flakes of snow this morning. Probably got a couple of inches, but it is melting fast. Crissy, is just like you and loves the snow. It makes her happy to see the snowflakes falling.
A. Well for today SNOW. ACTUAL SNOW WHOO HOO!!!!!!! I'll send pictures... he he he he!!

2. How was driving for exchanges? How did you do? Martin took his second driving test but failed by one. He still has one more chance with Coach Briggs.
A. Please go to paragraph 3 for more information.

3. Did you have any investigators or less active attend church yesterday? I went to Elm Creek Ward's conference. I always enjoy sitting in on the Primaries. The kids are always cute and full of energy.
A. Please go to paragraph 2 for more information.

4. How are you doing Health wise? Arthur has a mild respiratory infection but is on antibiotics and doing OK.  He's a tough kid, but I guess you know that.
A. I'm doing just excellente (fine).

5. I am glad you can't do facebook or blogs. There is always so much negative and inappropriate material on those places. What Crissy was listening to was "Owl City" and thinking about you? Not sure what that is? Lydia says it is band or group. Is there any music that you would like Dad to record for you and send to you? Is the portable CD player and speakers working OK?
A. Would I like some more music? Yes.... I want my music. Owl City would be perfect, but sadly I'm pretty sure that they are not mission approved. I'm not 100% sure, but who knows.  The Daniel Beck’s CD you were telling me about, some Jon Schmidt, Stephen Sharp music and other cool piano music would be great.  I can't think of anything else right now, but I'll let you know.  Oh and if you have time look up “Love Story Meets Viva la Vida” by the piano guys. There is another song that they did that Coldplay also did it is called, “Paradise”.  Alex Boye sings in it. It sounds pretty awesome. Check it out, you might find it on Youtube. Lol  I heard the music video is good as well.

6. Lydia wants to know if you are happy and enjoying yourself? We always keep you and Elder Brooks in our prayers. Dad and I also put your name on the Temple Prayer Roll all the time. We have been to the temple 4 times in the past couple months and have two more trips this month.  Then we have several trips in March (Ward Temple Dinners for their conferences).
A. Yep, Lydia I am happy.  Thanks for the letter you sent. How are you doing? Thank you guys for your prayers. We need them.

7. Our Sister Missionaries are holding a Stake Luau this coming Saturday. It is so that members can bring people interested in hearing the gospel. It is to get referrals and help re-activate those less active members. Do you get to do those types of things? How do you get referrals? Are the ward mission leaders helpful?
A. Sometimes we do, but we have to get the ward council involved.  So we haven't planned anything like that yet. Yeah, we do not get referrals as much as we should or could I guess. They are more reliable than finding investigators on our own.  Yeah, he tries his best at his calling.

I guess that's it for this e-mail hope you enjoy the weather and enjoy life as well.  Remember, "He's always watching" so with out further ado, you know the tune.
  Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, Smell ya later, Noice, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City signing out. Peace on!!!!
P.S. The words in italics is Italian.  La vostra accoglienza (your welcome), Martin. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment