Monday, April 23, 2012

Sneezes, Baptisms and P90X?


Dia duit Teaghlaigh agus a chairde, (Irish)
 
This week was long indeed, and full of tough stress, but with a lot of fun too. That's the truth. I was so busy that the days went by quickly, so it was both a slow and fast week this time. Sorry if this e-mail sounds weird. It’s that time of year again, where noses run and you can't breathe at all. Anyway, let’s head to “Missionary Weekly”.  This week in the mission field... because I'm too sick to talk...(jk)...zzzZZZzz... Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”, where we go out and visit the missions around the world. Today we see the impossible happen in the California Roseville mission.  A baptism was completed in just a week.  We will talk to the missionaries who were able to accomplish it, this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.

Missionary Weekly
  04/17/12 - So we get a call from Sean that he wants to move the date for his baptism up to the 21st of April.  I was nervous at first, but we started to talk a little bit about the baptism and the interview. They even invited us to stay for dinner, so it was a pretty good day.
  04/18/12 - Ok so this whole week was just basically focusing on Sean and getting him ready for baptism. As for this day, we had exchanges. I went to work in the Grass Valley area. I was with Elder Knight and we had a good time. We got one of their investigators to commit to baptism. He didn’t set a date yet, but he wants to be baptized. So there was success for the Grass Valley Elders. While I was gone, Elder Buhler and Elder Gillen shared the Plan Of Salvation with Sean and that went really well, from what I heard. That was so awesome.
04/19/12 - This day we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a little more about baptism to Sean. We also worked on the program.
04/20/12 - We finished teaching the commandments to Sean. So yeah, today was all about Sean. His interview was today. WHOO HOO!!! It went fine.
04/21/12 - Baptism day was today.  Today was one of the most important days for Sean and his family. Later that day they invited us to a BBQ at his Wife's family's house and it was awesome. We met his Grandfather, who at the moment is not a member of the Church. He had a couple of questions and we believe he might want to investigate the church. Sadly though, he doesn't live in our ward boundaries, so we have to give him to the Elders in that area.
04/22/12 - This Sunday was a tough one for me. I was sneezing non-stop. I took some medication that helped a little. I still felt a little drowsy though, but I pulled through thank goodness. Sean got confirmed on Sunday, too. It was an awesome day, yeah!!!

And that's today for Missionary weekly... Have a great day.

Now it's time for Q&A Corner... Hooray!!!!

Q1.  What was the best thing about this week?  What did you learn that was memorable?  Are there any funny things about this week?

A1. The Baptism was the best thing this week and the time we spent with Sean and his family. I learned that the impossible is possible and can be accomplished. Funny, well, I tried P90X, which is a hardcore workout, ouch. I'm still in pain from it. lol

Q2.   Who are you teaching?  Have you learned anything new from the lessons you teach?  Tell us about the people you are teaching and serving.

A2. We aren’t teaching any new investigators at the moment. All we have now is Christina, Russ and one other guy.

Q3.   Is there anyone in your ward whom you admire and enjoy talking to each Sunday?  Tell us a little about the people in your ward.

A3. Let’s see Russ, Sean and his family and Sister Carey and her kids. I really can't think of anyone particular. The Ward is great, but sometimes I feel like we're ignored, but its Okay.

Q4.   Dad wants to know if you have tried your favorite move while playing basketball?  Does anyone fall for it?  Martin tried it in a Church game but nobody fell for it. 

A4. Yeah, I have used the move. It works every now and then.

Q5.   What have you been doing lately for fun and relaxation?  What have you been studying?  We are still in 1 Nephi.  We need to read more chapters each night.  I really need to do some personal study as well

A5. Mostly I draw and take naps.  I've been trying to read, “Jesus the Christ”. Talk about big reading! Lol.

Q6.   Looks like the next transfers will be right before Mother's Day.  Do you feel like you will get transferred?  Do you think you might be able to Skype on Mother's Day?  That would be so fun.

A6. Not to sure if I we will be Skyping or just calling.  Most likely, if all goes well we will be able to Skype.  I'm not sure if I will get transferred or not it's up in the air.

Okay that it for this email, you know the tune. OH wait, tell the ward that I'm doing well and that I'm glad to be out here helping the Lord change peoples lives for the better. I enjoy this work and enjoy the people, sometimes. NOW, it’s time for the theme song...
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, Arrivederci!, sudie Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City, singing out, “Peace on!!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment