Monday, October 3, 2011

"General Conference"

Hey Family and Friends,
    I hope you all enjoyed Conference as much as I did, I especially enjoyed Jeffrey R. Holland's Talk in Priesthood meeting, about “The War in Heaven and on Earth”, how the need of willing men is great and that we must always fight against sin and never join the Adversary in his fight. I love it and how bold he was talking about it. Ever since I started my mission I started to fall in love with Elder Holland's talks, how he just throws everything at us just so he can make a point or however you say it.
    This week was kind of "iffy" we started out ok, but then started to go slightly down hill.  I think it's just conference Anxiety or something. We did 17 lessons this week, just above the Mission standard, so we still got some work done.
    On Tuesday we had Exchanges and it was my turn to be in charge of the area, I was so nervous and stressed, unlike anything. The day went well and we got to teach a few people and visit some less actives.  The Elder I was with was a Hmung Elder so we had a little language study. He read a Scripture out of the Hmung Book of Mormon and I followed along with him in my English Book of Mormon. He tries to tell me what he is reading in English while he reads in Hmung, I follow in English then he tells me what he reading and I help him if he is stuck on a word. I hope that is clear as mud. It was so cool, I almost felt like Joseph Smith and Oliver Cawdry. lol. On the next day I kind of had a break down for some reason.  Elder Arnett and I spoke about it and I told him this is a lot harder than I ever thought. I'm not use to it.  I have never done this much actual work. Then we watched Jeffery R Holland’s Mormon Message about "Good Things Come in Time", with the story of a family going on a trip and the Car breaks down. It's on www.lds.org Mormon Messages, “Good Things to Come”. That helped a lot.  NOW tomorrow is our Exchanges with the Zone Leaders, at least we have a great plan for tomorrow. Phew! lol. Oh and the "Faith Note" you sent helped too.

 Well that's all I have to say now. So until next time Safety and Peace, God bless, and if you sneeze during this Email bless your face,
Requisite in Pace, and keep your stick on the Ice, Elder Morris signing out.
Bah dum do do do do do do do do subscribe.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment