Monday, July 22, 2013

The Count Down Begins....


Hello once again Audience,                                      7/22/13
        
It’s a-me Elder Morris here with the update of the Missionary work.  Let's see, first thing I should do I guess is go to “Missionary Weekly”... So without further ado.

Missionary Weekly
So not much for an intro for this part, but let’s say it's hot and lets see what happen this week?

The first few day were a little off... again.  It seems like that's happening a lot recently. We had exchanges this week and I actually was planning on going up to Mount Shasta, but I had to stay down for a baptismal interview that I had to do for the Zone Leaders.  It was a good reason for staying down instead of going up to Mount Shasta. We still got a lot of work done this week, though.  Unfortunately we weren't able to meet with Tyler or Dustin. The day we had setup the appointment Elder Henke got sick and we couldn't go down to see them.  We did pick up new investigators, so that's exciting!! Not too much to say, just that we've been working hard.

         Now for the Q & A CORNER!!!!

Q1.   How are your investigators, especially Tyler and Dustin?  Are your Baptisms back on track?  Do you think you might have a baptism before you come home?  It would be nice if you had the opportunity to witness the fruits of your labors.

A1. They are doing well; unfortunately I don't think I'll be here for the baptisms.  If somehow a plane ticket landed in my lap I would be able to see them get baptized. That would be awesome.

Q2.   How is the weather?  Are you able to do any tracting?  I watch the temps on the computer.  You are usually several degrees hotter in Shasta Lake than we are here in West Jordan.  What was the highest temp this past week?  Is the heat making you drop some pounds?  I hope you are staying healthy.  James came home so much thinner.  He looks very different.

A2. It has been Hot...so not a lot of tracting. Our hottest day was 112 degrees, I believe.  I’ve lost mostly water weight. I fluctuate between 202 and about 198 pounds. I definitely have more muscle than before and not as much chub. lol

Q3.   How was your Sabbath Day?  What was your favorite message?  How many lessons did you teach this past week?  What did you learn this past week?  How did the spirit direct or touch you this past week?  I hope you are having great spiritual moments and finding true joy in the service of the Lord.

A3. It was very good. We had a great lesson in gospel principles class on the Judgment and the 3 kingdoms of Glory. I kind of took over from the teacher a little. I was just trying to make sure that other people understood the simple version rather than the deep doctrinal version. Lol   We taught 17 lessons this past week. Oh, I finish the Book of Mormon again.  I learn that you can't just read the Book of Mormon once to know what it’s talking about. The spirit touched and directed me just in the work while talking to different people and sharing the message. Oh, I am having great spiritual experiences and enjoying every moment of it.

 Q4.   Dad wants to know if you have some special goals or plans for these last 15 days?  What is your main focus?  Are you taking pictures, recording memories and collecting addresses?  How can we help you prepare for your return?  Is there anything I can do for you before you arrive?  I am waiting for packages. do you need more money in your debit to ship some stuff back home?  

A4. Well I had planned for a baptism, but that doesn't look like it is going to happen in my mission “lifetime”. My main focus has been to prepare the ward and other Missionaries coming after me. Yes (pictures)...yes (recording).... yes (addresses)... You can help by just not chewing on gum when I get off the plane (I’ll explain later...) you'll thank me later. I'll be sending packages.  I just need to find someone to take them to the post office.

 Q5.   What was made you feel the happiest this past week?  What surprised you this past week?  What was the hardest thing this past week?  What was the most fun this past week?  Who are what made you feel excited or energized this past week?  What was the most important thing that happened this past week?

A5.  Um... just still being a missionary makes me happy. The zone leaders surprised me by telling me that I had to do a baptismal interview.  Hardest part of the week was two days of working in the heat. I don’t know what was the most fun? A nice workout with a chocolate protein shake to follow really energized me this week. MMMMM.... I think church was the most important part of the week.

 Q6.   Tell me something you have had on your mind.  What do you think about the most?  What scripture has inspired motivated or touched you this past week?  Do you feel a certain message or thought has been your personal mantra this past week? Or maybe a mantra for your entire mission?

A6. I’ve had my mind on what I'm going to do when I get home. I think a lot about school and such. My favorite scripture was in John chapter 6 and 7. “I am here to do the will of him that sent me.” Endure to the End.... serve him well.  I guess that would be my mantra.

Well, that's all folks at least for this email. Only one more email to go... maybe?

Singing out from Shasta Lake,
   Elder Nathan Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment