Monday, July 15, 2013

Up and Down Week


Hello once again Audience,                                      7/15/13
         Man this was an up and down week. Let’s start at the beginning.... We had a Zone Meeting on Tuesday and it was awesome.  We talked about the new website hasteningthework.lds.org. It’s a really cool website to help members with missionary work and how to work with the Missionaries. After that the week went all down hill... sort of. With the limited number of cars in the mission we were bounced around the Zone and didn't come back to our place till late. The next few days were the same kind of Proselytizing days.  Saturday was different.  It was a draining day. I started on the paperwork for the interview tomorrow.  I was just feeling.... meh... and to top it off, when I came out of the bathroom I sprained my ankle.  Sprained it a little more than a bit ...enough for it to swell and hurt... and make a few pops.  Now its fine. It’s a good thing that I have ankle support shoes to wear.  Too bad the story is terrible. Usually you twist your ankle doing something awesome, like basketball or biking, but noooooo I have to twist my ankle coming out of the bathroom. 
Now it’s time for the up part of the week.  We got to speak on Sunday on the topic of Missionary Work. It went very well considering I was just going off my notes and the spirit. After the talks Henke, our High Councilmen and I presented, a member came up to us and asked if she could have a copy of our talks.  We really didn't write anything down, but at least everyone enjoyed our talks anyway.  That was our week.

         Now for Q & A CORNER!!!!!!

Q1.   How are your plans for Baptisms coming along?  Do you still have two scheduled and moving in that direction?  How are all the new investigators?  How many lessons did you and Elder Henke teach this week?  Is your planner filled with appointments for this next 3 weeks?

A1. Well we have to move the dates, but we're still working on them. The new investigators are fine... not much to say. We taught 14 lessons... it was an off week.  Nope on the planner, I can't plan that far ahead.

Q2.   How's the weather there?  We have had a few cloudy days with some rain showers but it's still hot.  Today was so humid that even the 90's feel like the 100's. lol  How are you and Henke holding up in the weather and on the bikes?  Do you ever get to hear or see the forecast?  Do you plan for the weather or just simply play it by ear. lol   or is that eye?  Ha Ha...

A2.  It’s warm here... it’s also a little cloudy here. We're getting use to the weather. We only hear the forecast through the members. We usually play by ear/eye. lol

Q3.   Dad was wondering if you have any big meetings, like Zone conference or anything like that before you come home?  Have you had a chance to see any of your past companions?  Do you have addresses and phone numbers for companions you'd like to contact after you get back?  Did you know that Elder Spjute is already home?  I think he came home a transfer early because his brother is leaving next week.  He looks good.  You could friend him on facebook; I am a friend with his Mom on facebook. :-)

A3. Nothing too big is happening in regards to meetings, just the usual. I hear from Himmer and Buhler a lot because they are now companions. Yeah I do have addresses and phone numbers for my past companions and friends. Yeah, I heard that Elder Spjute went home a little early to see his brother off.  That's cool. I probably will friend him on facebook.  I’d like to keep in touch.

Q4.   What do you have planned for p-day?  What did you do last p-day?  Do you do p-day with your whole district or just you and Elder Henke?  What are the sisters like in your district?  Are they just part of the group or do you have to help them feel welcome at activities?  Do any of the missionaries in your district need special prayers or maybe a card or something to boost their enthusiasm?  How do you feel your district is doing over all?

A4.   It is just a usual p-day. We’ll just be hanging with the missionaries playing scatterball. We did that last time as well. The Whole Zone plays scatterball. The Sister missionaries are nice and very fun. They are doing a lot of work as well. We make them feel welcome. No missionaries need special cards or letters, that I know of now. They are all awesome!!!

Q5.  Martin wants to know, what you are most excited to share with him when you get home?  What is something you can't wait to see or do when you get back?  I was wondering what you are most eager to accomplish in California before you come back?  What are you most determined to see finished before your mission ends?  How have you changed the most?

A5. I am eager to share all the Good things of the Mission. I just want to see and do everything when I get back.  I am eager to just be home to see everyone and be with family. I want to accomplish the Baptisms we have lined up. The Baptisms are what I am most determined to finish before I come home.  Can I tell you that last one when I get home?

Q6.  Here is yours and my favorite Q&A.  What was the best part of this past week?  What was something new you learned this past week?  What was something crazy you saw this past week?  Who said something to you that gave you motivation or courage?  What was your favorite scripture or quote this past week?

A6.   The best part of this past week was the lesson with Tyler and Dustin. I learned that the Spirit is awesome when you give talks. Something crazy I saw was a Sasquatch information station. I guess I motivated myself to do work when I get home. My favorite scripture this week is D&C 84:85.

Well that’s it for this e-mail... until next time.

Love to all,
         Elder Nathan Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment