Monday, July 1, 2013

Sweating to the heat...


Hello once again Audience,                                      7/1/13
           (Drip, drip, drip) Yeah.... it’s hot.... but not too hot... okay that's a lie, like it's 110 F.... with the humidity.... but I'm not bitter.... we did very well this week. I'm really proud of the few things we were able to do... especially in this heat.... We were able to pick up 3 new investigators despite the heat. We've actually been doing more walking than riding our bikes.
We had a few cool experiences the past few days. One of our new investigators we actually found and talked to in a Rite Aid store. I was getting water and talking to the cashier when we got talking about the gospel and the purpose of missionary work. We set up a time to meet today at 7:30. It’s going to be awesome. We also had a cool experience on Sunday. Every 4th or 5th Sunday our ward has a potluck dinner after church. We had a new member move into the ward and he brought his mom, who is a non-member to the dinner. They needed a ride home and we got two members who were on the ball.  We actually had a small lesson with them. It was the best!!!

 Now for Q & A CORNER!!!!

 Q1.   How are you and Elder Henke holding up in the heat?  I saw that today it was 108 degrees in Shasta Lake! YIKES!  It was 103 degrees here today.  We have been breaking records every day this past week.  It is supposed to cool a little, down to 100 degrees on the 4th.  Are you drinking plenty of water and making sure you get electrolytes, as well?  Water is not enough in this heat; you need to get electrolytes too.  Just be safe.

A1.  It's Hot... it was 118 F on Saturday.... We are trying, but some days are harder than others, so we just head in until we have our appointment. As for other things, such as tracting.... we keep it at a minimum.

Q2.  How are your investigators?  Have you seen a change in the ward's attitude or participation in missionary work?  Did you get any new referrals?  Have you made any new contacts?  If you have new investigators how did you get them?  Do you think tracting is still going to be the most effective or how do you think use of the Internet will change your efforts?  Things are sure going to change as you go out and Martin goes into the mission field.  

A2.  Our investigators are doing well. The one with a date is still a go and now that they know I will be heading home soon they really want to do it soon... well.... other than the one couple who are members, that gave a ride to our new investigator, not much has changed in the ward. No new contacts yet, but if we did we would have trouble contacting them in this heat. Just talking is effective and tracting will never be the most effective.... well I can't really say that... but the internet will help a lot, especially working with non-member friends of members or investigators.

Q3.   How was your Sabbath Day?  Did you go to dinner at a member’s home?  What message meant something special to you from your Sabbath Day?  Tell us something about one member of your ward who inspired you or motivates you.  Did you feel a prompting today that made a difference to you or someone else?  Did anything touch you enough to bring tears?

A3.  Our Sabbath day was good. Yep, we had dinner at a member’s home and it was all very patriotic.  It was awesome. The Carpenters motivate and inspire me because they are the perfect Ward Missionaries. None, I can recall... that's a tough one because I can never remember specific promptings... The heat almost brought me to tears, (jk) but nothing yet today.

Q4.   Did you get any letters this past week?  Do you get emails from anybody besides Pres Weston and Us?  Do you email or write to other missionaries, like Hannah, James, Devon, Victoria, Greg Guzzle, Josh Gerrard or any of your friends?  Do you have any questions or want to know anything about anyone that I could find out for you?  Are you taking pictures and writing in your journal so you can share some great stuff with all of us when you get home?

A4. I got the package. I get emails from you... mom. I just email James and Josh.... There is no one, really that I am especially concerned about. Yep, I’m taking pictures and yep, I’m writing in my journal.... and I will take pictures and write in my journal.

Q5.   What was the funniest moment this past week?  What was the most spiritual or touching moment this past week?  What moved you out of your comfort zone this past week?  What made you proud and feel good this paste week?  What was your favorite task this past week?  Ok, tell me something that was on your mind often this week.  It can be absolutely anything!

A5.  Seeing that it was 118 was sort of funny.... Sing the National anthem was touching. Talking to people is always out of my comfort zone. Actually teaching on my own at the Rite Aid store made me feel proud and feel good.... My favorite task was getting numbers from my District.... What kept coming into my mind was how my companion is NOT helping me avoid being Trunky.... Dang it Henke! lol I still love him though. He has helped me out a lot and he is just one of the best comps I have ever had.

Q6.   This one is to get you thinking...tell us one moment during your mission that you will never forget and you consider a highlight of your Two Years!

A6. I'll tell you when my two years are up! lol

 Well that's all folks hope to hear from all of you soon....
        
Until next time this is Elder Morris in Shasta Lake, CA singing out, Peace on!!!!Do do do do do do email!

No comments:

Post a Comment