Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Trunky Papers


Hello once again Family and Friends!!!!          7/8/13
         What an awesome week... except for the heat.  Take a guess how hot it got this week or at least Tuesday? 1-hundred-17 degrees! Yeah.... Our ward members chastised us (of course the weather is in our control).... Well I better do “Missionary Weekly” and tell it all in order....

 Missionary Weekly
Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”, where we strive to survive. Today, we see how the Elders of Shasta Lake survive the heat, and then meet a “Lord of the Rings Family”? Also hear what happened on exchanges while Elder Morris was gone? Read all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”!!!

Tuesday - 117 degrees... nuf' said.

Wednesday - My bike chain nearly broke, but we were close to a bike shop and we were able to fix it for 5 bucks. That was nice and now my bike is a 100 times better. 

Thursday - 4th of July all day, “Pros” day, which was pretty good. We had lessons with a couple of less-actives and other members, so it was fun.... and productive.

Friday - Weekly planning... not much happened. We did have a lesson with one of our new investigators, Michael's Brother Matthew.  We went over the restoration with him and he seemed to like it.  He had some good questions.

Saturday - Exchanges with Redding 1st ward. It was fun. We had some success in Redding 1st ward, I was there and Henke was in Shasta Lake with Elder Ramos.  They picked up an interesting family. The Mom's name is Lisa and her son’s names are.... wait for it... Gandolf, Elrond, Valar, and one more that he could not remember, but yes those are their names.

Sunday - Another Baptism date, we committed Matt to August 3rd for baptism. WHOO HOO!!!

         Now for Q & A CORNER!!!!

Q1.   How are your investigators and less-actives doing?  How many lessons did you teach this past week?  Are you staying busy? What has been your focus this past week?  What are you most eager to accomplish?

A1. They are doing Awesome!!!! We taught 22 Lesson, BOOM!!! Yep.... staying productive.  I’m focused on the two baptisms we set.  I’m excited for those.

Q2.   You have had hotter weather than us this past week?  What are you doing to stay cool?  Did you get rain this past week?  We had several huge rainstorms this past week.  I know Crissy likes rain but what do you and Elder Henke think about rain?  Is it harder to ride bikes in rain or hot dry weather?

A2.  Stay inside, that's the only thing we can do to stay cool. No rain just thunderstorms. I like rain, but I don't like biking in it. Rainy weather is harder for biking.

Q3.   Did you get "The Letter"?  We got the letter that gives us your flight home and time of arrival!  August 6th - 1:10 pm.  What is your biggest concern about your release?  Are you prepared to answer all those questions?  Is there anything we can do to help you prepare and make it easier for you?  Do you have any special plans for these last 4 weeks?  What is your goal?

A3. Yes.... I got my “trunky” papers.   Just concerned about.... the release part. Sure I’m prepared ... there's questions involved? Are you willing to do a district meeting on Tuesday and weekly planning on Friday at the Church? Lol Just kidding. My plans are just to help the people we have and set more stuff up for the next missionaries coming into Shasta Lake. My goal is to get as many people baptized as I can.

Q4.   Martin and Lydia got your letters this past week.  Did you get any mail this past week?  Does Elder Henke get mail?  Does anyone in your district need a letter?  Are you sending any packages home before you come home?  Is there anything you need?  Grandma and Grandpa Morris love reading your emails and say they have gotten a few snail mail letters as well.  I know everyone likes to hear from you and about you.

A4. Noice. Um, just your letter mom and the “Trunky” papers. Elder Henke gets mail every now and then. Nobody that I know needs a letter.  They all seem to be doing fine. Yes, I’m sending a few packages home before I leave.

Q5.  What was your favorite meal this past week?  What did you study this week that motivated and inspired you?  Did you feel a prompting that lead to a new contact?  What do you enjoy the most about your daily routine?  What is the most difficult part of your daily routine?  What part of teaching or missionary work do you feel you do especially well?  What is Elder Henke's strength in your companionship?

A5.  The one I'm having tonight, pull-bread.... mmmmm.  Our discussion on the difference between the 12 Apostles and the 12 Disciples in the Book of Mormon 3 Nephi 19:17-36 and the story of the Garden of Gethsemane inspired and motivated me. It was also part of a prompting to teach an investigator. I enjoy the study part of my routine. Going out when its 110 is the difficult part of my routine. My strength is in review and listening.  Elder Henke loves to teach.

Q6.   Tell us something you love about California.  What is your favorite thing about Shasta Lake?  What ONE word describes your district the best?  What virtue or characteristic makes the best District Leader?  What have you learned about yourself because you have been a District Leader?

A6. I love the area I’m in. I guess the Lake is my favorite thing in Shasta Lake. Lol   One word that describes my district is, “Random”. The ability and willingness to help is what makes a good district leader.  I’ve learned that I love to help.

Okay that's all for this email.... until next time.

Until next time this is Elder Morris in Shasta Lake, CA 

No comments:

Post a Comment