Monday, April 1, 2013

Shasta Lake, CA


                                                                                 4/1/13
Hello once again family and friends,
         Today we have a special announcement concerning the welfare of the Elders of the Paradise 3rd ward. It has been known unto me through the Zone Leaders, that I neglect to tell you last week, of a subject of great importance. This topic I felt impressed to tell you at this time will determine the welfare of many souls. The subject is transfers, which is the call we received from our Zone Leaders, but first a little background. You see my great, great Grandfather built many things, why he might have helped build this very palace... wait.... wrong background.... let’s head to “Missionary Weekly”.

Missionary Weekly!!!

March 26, 2013 – It was exchanges with the 1st Ward Elders. It went very well. I was with Elder Ormsby, the new Elder, a few things fell through and he didn’t handle it well. So we tried our best to stay busy, but I definitely think he needs a pick me up.  If you could send him letters of support, that would help him. His address is 5267 Laguna Ct.

March 27, 2013 - Well speaking of appointments falling through, we had so much that we were going to do. The morning was good, we had a lesson with Wanda and we tried to commit her to baptism, but she wants to know more first before she makes up her mind.  Then all our set appointments fell through the rest of the day and that's just disappointing. We had a really cool dinner, at the boys and Girls Club. We volunteered to serve a dinner over there and it went very well. 

March 28, 2013 - Usual visits and I found out that one of my favorite Zone Leader that went home came back up to visit the area. Elder Frank.... well I guess I should call him Kevin, was staying at the Titus’ home for the week and so we stopped to see how he's been doing. It was so weird seeing him with facial hair and so on. Lol  It was great to see him again. He was actually born in this area!!! That was cool. 

March 29, 2013 - One last dinner with the Montgomery family and one last round of Liar's Dice too. lol!!!! I love that family. We also had a lesson with Jordan and Trista. We taught them the Word of Wisdom and committed them to live it. They are awesome!!!

March 30, 2013 - Zone Leader exchanges today.  This day I was with Elder Natane in my area. Talk about bad luck, all our appointments fell through.

March 31, 2013 Easter Sunday!!! This was the day when all the less-actives come to church. lol... At least some do. It was great. There were a lot of musical numbers and a lot of great talks. We also went to an Easter Fireside last night that was amazing. I saw a lot of my members from the first ward I served in. It was awesome. Now for the results of the transfer calls ... I'm going to Shasta Lake in the Redding Zone. I've heard it's pretty and cold up there.  I think I'm still in a car and I'm the senior companion, I’m not District Leader, but I'm cool with that.

 Now For the fun part Q&A CORNER

 Q1.  How are your investigators?  How many of those you teach came to Church?  Easter is one of those days that people think about what they believe and want to come to Church.  Did you have opportunities to teach on the Sabbath?

A1. They are doing awesome especially, Victoria. The 1st ward Elders had a baptism and she went and really loved it. She did come to church on Sunday. She just needs to get baptized. She has started paying her tithing and man... she just needs to get baptized!

Q2.  Did you get the Easter Package?  Did you get my letter?  Who have you heard from lately?  Many people ask about you each week.  Yes, Uncle Paul moved out here to Utah last July because he tried out for the Tabernacle Choir.  He didn't get in but got in the Utah Symphony Choir.  He travels a lot but he visits Arthur on Saturdays quite often.  Him and Dad are going to try out for the Tabernacle Choir again this year.  Keep your fingers, toes and anything else crossed for them.  Prayers couldn't hurt either.   Do you get to sing ever?  Use that talent when you can. :)

A2.  I got your package, one from Crissy and your letter too. That's awesome about Uncle Paul and Dad. That would be soooooooo AWESOME if they made it in the Tabernacle Choir. I will pray for them. I don’t get to sing very often.

Q3.  What was the best part of the week?  What was a tough part of this past week?  What did you learn from this past week?  What did you see this week that you felt was an especially beautiful creation of God?  What was a sign of spring for you this past week?

A3. Seeing Victoria at the Baptism and really feeling the spirit was the best part of the week. Appointments falling through would have to be the tough part of the week. I've learned more about the Atonement this past week. Seeing the 1st ward Elder’s investigator get baptized was beautiful. Well, I guess the spirit of Christ touching everyone thru Easter was the sign of spring in my week.

 Q4.   Are you going to be transferred?  You have been in Paradise a long time.  How would you feel to leave Paradise?  Do you think Elder Himmer is ready to be the lead missionary in Paradise?  Where would you like to transfer to, any particular place you haven't been but would like to spend some time?  Be sure you double-check everything if you have to pack to move.  Don't forget anything, and get a couple of pictures of your apartment in Paradise for your scrapbook. :)

A4. Yep, I am getting transferred to Shasta Lake. Yep, I’ve been in Paradise seven and a half months. I have mixed emotions, like I want to go, but I don't. Yeah, he better be ready to take the lead. Will do!! I will get some pictures for sure.

Q5.  What was your favorite lesson this week?  How is Wanda doing?  We sort of do our own missionary work with Arthur's staff too.  April is a member but inactive.  I don't think any of the other staff are members.  Maybe you could share some contact phrases with us.  I am never quit sure how to approach the subject.  Are you still motivated and finding inspiration in the work?  Is there a special scripture that inspired you this past week?  Martin finished the March Madness Challenge on Saturday!  He is really doing great and becoming a more sensitive person.

A5. My favorite lesson would have to be all of them! I can't choose. That's awesome about all your missionary work. I wish I can tell you about all the scriptures that inspire me, but the one that comes to mind is, John 8:58 “Jesus said unto them, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, before Abraham was, I am”.

Well that's all I have for this email. Hope to hear from you all soon.

 Love ya!!!!
Elder Morris

New Address:
Elder Nathan Morris
2324 Ostling Ave
Shasta Lake, CA, 96019

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Paradise singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.

No comments:

Post a Comment