Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference


Hello once again, Family and Friends!!!                       4/8/13
         It’s that time of the week, EMAIL TIME!!! 
 To answer your question mom, whether I saw Elder Kuehlenhoelter or not? I did and actually we were in a three-some for a day. Elder K couldn't get a ride until Wednesday. So we went out together and visited people before he left the next day. Oh, I probably should tell you that I have proven the impossible. I can fit all my belongings in a Prius and I had a ton of stuff, but we fit all of it in the tiny car!!! 
         My new companion's name is Elder Puckett. He is from Fortworth, Texas. He is a very good kid and always wants to be obedient. He loves to serve. It was a tough first week with lots of stuff to do, but it all went well.  Elder Puckett has only been out for 4 and half months. Oh, and he is very tall.
         We have one person who has set a date for April 27th for baptism. His name is Michael. He is 16 yrs old and a really cool kid. He is very VERY bright!!! So all is well.  We are working with another youth who we may be able to set a date for Baptism with this week.  We also got drenched with rain over the past few days. Like, “Crazy” rain!!!! Sorry this isn't the usual “Missionary Weekly”, but it will have to do for now.

         Now For Q & A CORNER!!!!!

Q1.   How do you like Shasta Lake?  What was your first impression?  Tell us something about your new companion.  I know that he has only been out for 18 weeks or about that.  Sister Cahill shared a little about him with us.  Have you met Brother and Sister Cahill?  He is in the Bishopric, I believe.  How do you like your ward?

A1.  Shasta Lake is amazing, but very spread out. Shasta Lake is like Paradise and Nevada City. My first impression was "Noice, they have a Panda Express here... wait that's not my area?” “I only have a McDonalds in my area?" Ok, not really it was more like just “Noice”. I haven’t met Brother and Sister Cahill yet, but I hope I will soon. Well, from what I've seen the ward is pretty cool. I've only met a few members so far.

Q2.    Have you learned some about the area?  Did you get to teach some lessons this past week?  Has your companion oriented you to the investigators?  What do you feel will be the biggest challenge in Shasta Lake?

A2.  Yeah, I'm driving so I can now get around the area just fine by car, but by bike will be another story. Yeah, we taught a few lessons this past week, but the work is pretty slow here. Missionaries in the past were lazy and Elder Puckett and Elder K have tract most of the close areas. We will definitely be finding more people to teach.

Q3.    Do you still have a car?  Is having a car a good thing?  Do you like the changes?  How do you feel?  Are you still enthusiastic and energetic in your service?  What inspired you this past week?  

A3.  Yeah, we have a 2012 Toyota Corolla; I would say yes, the car is a good thing because of the areas farther away. Yeah, changes are good it’s just crazy to think that this will most likely be my last area. Oh yeah, I'm definitely going to do my best. General Conference really inspired me.

 Q4.    What was the best part of your past week?  What special thing did you learn this past week?  Who made your day this past week?  Who did you appreciate the most this past week?  I hope you laughed this past week and found joy in something you did.  Tell us all about it.

A4.  The best part of the week was General Conference. I learned to always work hard even when you think there is nothing to do. I think seeing Elder K again really brightened my day. I really appreciate my companion with his strong desire to work. Oh, I did laugh. Well, not really laugh, but touched like you said about the world report. I watched some of that as well, and the part that touches me most was the story of the “Candy Bomber”. I don't know why, but I was so overcome by the spirit that I was getting emotional and did my best to hold back the tears.

Q5.    Your mission is winding down.  How do you feel about that?  Have you heard anything from the office about your release date?  I told Dad we probably shouldn't be asking you those kinds of questions, but he can't resist.  I hope it doesn't make you "trunky" and you can continue to stay focused and work hard!  We simply love you and you make us all so very proud. :)

A5. Mom and Dad... I think you two are getting sooooo trunky.... lol... Well. I'm trying not to think about it as much. I do think about stuff like what will I do when I get home such as school and work and all that Jazz... by the way, how are the Jazz doing? I can't wait to see you guys and I hope Bishop has a calling for me when I get back so I can stay busy. lol

Q6.    The obvious question for this week is which conference talk was your favorite?  What motivated you the most in conference?  What did you feel the main message was for everyone in conference this week?  What a great conference it was. :)

A6.  Well, all the talks were good. I liked L. Tom Perry's on "Obedience to the law is liberty" and Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's on “Light and Darkness”, but the one that stood out to me at the time was Sister Elaine S. Dalton's "Where 'err thou art, play thy part." Standing as a witness of Christ at all times and in all things and in all places. I kind of felt that the main message was having a happy family, a holy home, and to strengthen one another in our homes and families. Aside from the Temple our homes are the holiest places to be, as long as the spirit is there.

Well that's it for this email until next week.

Love,
Elder Nathaniel Morris

--
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Shasta Lake singing out, Peace on!!!!
do do do do do do email

No comments:

Post a Comment