Monday, April 29, 2013

Amazing Adventures


Hello Once Again Audience!!!                                              4/29/13
            To another wonderful chapter in the “Amazing Adventures of Elder Nathaniel Morris!!!!”... Ok some-what Amazing Adventures!!!!! This was actually an amazing, but also a very sad week. Let’s go to the weekly events... kind of like current events, but not so current.... get it, huh? Ok, enough with the bad jokes.
            So, Tuesday we had our District Meeting and interviews... (Nervous).  They went well, we talked about if I felt I could take over the area and if I was using my planner...It was the second time I didn't have my planner because someone.... (Finger pointing at myself) left his backpack at an investigator’s house (Sad face), but it was all good. President Weston said he wants to meet Arthur someday. That would be cool.
             Wednesday was straight missionary work.... all the HOT DAY LONG!!!!! Then on Friday we had our final lesson with Michael as an investigator.  The next day he was baptized WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO HEY BATTY BATTY DUNK BATTY!!!!  Apparently the water was so cold that Michael came up gasping for air!!!! lol  It was cold because someone (finger pointing to my companion) didn’t fill the tank right. lol  It all went well though. Everyone, but us were involved in the program.  Well, I was the chorister for the baptism. So, I had a part. The next day we were in the circle when Michael received the Holy Ghost. So it was an awesome week.

 Now for Q & A corner!!!!!!!!!

 Q1.   How is the bike riding going?  Any new finds while you have been tracting?  Have you found an area that Elder Puckett has not tracted yet?  Have you tried anything new in your searching?

A1.  The biking is.... good very very exhausting. I should show you pictures of the places we go. No new finds, really just some "Randy Jacksons" (Random people: in Elder Puckett language).  Some areas new to Elder Puckett, but we haven't been there much lately. Just biking around is what we do most of the time.

Q2.   How did Michael's Baptism go?  Who baptized him?  How are the other investigators?  How is Ann coming along?  Is she going to get baptized soon?  Do you like to be the Elder who does the Baptism?  Any special spiritual experiences this past week?

A2.  The baptism went very well. One of his old scout leaders baptized him. Well, Ann is in the Hospital (super sad face). Hopefully she will be getting better soon. Well, I've only done one baptism, but it's fun, and of course it’s the investigators choice. The baptism was the only really spiritual experience this past week.

 Q3.   Kip Critchlow is getting married in May.  I know, another person getting married. lol  I guess if you aren't out serving the Lord the next best thing is living the gospel - right?  There are so many things for all of us to do.  I hope you are finding joy in the work you are doing.   How is Elder Puckett doing?  Does he get letters from home often?  Did you get my letter this past week?

A3.  Freak... he just came home. What... the heck? Elder Puckett is doing well. Yeah, Elder Puckett gets letters. Well, actually today I got your letter!!!!

Q4.   Have you met any new members who like to feed you or give you referrals?  Does the Shasta Lake ward help with the work?  Are they willing to share referrals and have people in their homes to be taught?  How is the Bishopric?  Are they engaged and eager to help?

A4. Well yes, but not like in pervious areas. Not really, everyone is older and their friends all live in the ward.  We don’t get real referrals from ward members. The Bishopric is good. They are sort of involved and helpful. 

Q5.   Do you get to play piano much anymore?  I guess Uncle Paul taught himself to play the piano.  I guess it is possible to teach yourself that useful skill.  What do you like to do to stay in tune and self motivated?  Is there anything we can send or do to help you make the best of the last few months on your mission?  I hope the best is still ahead of you! 

A5. Every now and then I get to play the piano.  I'm trying to learn hymns and other fun songs. I listen to music to help me stay motivated. I don't really understand that question.   I can’t think of anything you can send, as of right now, but I will think about it.

Q6.   What was the happiest moment this past week?  What made you laugh out loud this past week?  What was the most frustrating moment this past week?  Who or What made you stop and think for a minute?  Are you writing all these special moments of your mission in your journal?  Remember those things will help you, Martin and others as the journey continues.

A6.  Michael getting baptized was the happiest moment this past week. The fun time we had after Michael's lesson made me laugh out loud. We had a debate about if Goldfish Crackers are animal Crackers (or if fish are animals?). It was Jonathan (Bishop's son) and I; in favor of fish are animals. Elder Puckett and Michael believe fish are not animals. lol  It was so much fun. What made me think was talking with a JW who was putting down the King James Version of the Bible... don't get me started. I’m trying to write in my journal, but that's why I'm having you put these emails in my blog.

Well that's it for this email, until next time...

Love,
Elder Nathan Morris

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Shasta Lake singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.


Check it Out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment