Monday, May 6, 2013

Random Shenanigans


Hello once again Audience!!!! (Family and Friends)         5/6/13
         This week was full of random shenanigans, (I hope I spelled that right?). We had a good week for teaching lessons. This week we went above and beyond our usual goal of 21 lessons... we hit 25, but most of those lessons were just from talking to people. We had 1 lesson with a member present, 17 other lessons and 8 lessons with less-active members or recent converts. This week we are going to shoot for 30 lessons in one week. It’s going to be awesome!!!! 
         A fun experience we had yesterday, Sunday we went out with Michael (Our recent Convert) and Jonathan (The Bishop's son) and did tracting with them in the neighborhood, Me and Jonathan took one side of the street and Michael and Elder Puckett took the other side. It was actually very effective, especially since it was double the two of us. I feel like I'm in Young Mens’ again doing work with the youth it was awesome. I really miss the Young Mens program. I kind of hope that someday I will get a calling in the Young Men’s program. That would be fun!!!!
         Ann is still in the hospital, but from what I've heard she is doing better. We went over and spoke with her husband, he is a really nice guy, not too into what we have to share, but very nice.
 That's pretty much it, not much has happened. We do have a few potentials to work with, but nothing too promising. So I best hit, Q&A Corner really quick. lol!!!

Q1.   I have noticed your weather is very warm.  It said 93 degrees the other day.  We have had a few warmer days in the 70s lately.  Finally some sunshine!  Are you staying hydrated and cool?  Do you still enjoy riding your bike?  Are the new gears working well for you?  What does Elder Puckett think of the warm weather?

A1.  I think I’d rather take the 70s over the 90's any day. Yes, mother. Lol Yeah, I enjoy riding the bike, for the most part. Yeah, the new gears are actually better, now the bike is actually worth bringing home. Lol  Elder Puckett doesn't mind the weather, unless it’s really hot.

Q2.   How is Ann doing?  Is she out of the hospital?  What put her in the hospital?  We keep her in our prayers.  How are all your investigators?  Are you teaching anyone new?  Have you had any success in finding while tracting?  Have you been given any new referrals?  I am eager to hear it all.

A2.  Ann is still in the hospital. :( All our investigators are fine... Not really any new investigators... meh, or success tracting. Yes, one referral from Bishop, which we will contact today!!! 

Q3.   Have you been to the Temple while on your mission?  I know you did once, have you been any other times?  Lydia walked from here to the Salt Lake Temple with the YM and YW yesterday.  She is very sore today, and sunburned.  It was 16 miles.  Martin should have gone but spent the night with Brandon instead. :(  I think it was a very spiritual experience.  It will be fun when you can attend our ward temple nights.  The 4th Thursday of every month!

A3. I've only been once, when I was in Roseville. That's cool about the walk to the Temple. I wish I had done that. I really look forward to the ward Temple nights. Our Ward is having a temple trip to the Medford Temple, but we won't be able to go because it’s too far.

Q4.   Have you had any issues with Asthma?  I know you have had some allergy issues.  Do you still have an inhaler?  Are you taking care of your teeth (retainer) like you should?  Martin gets his bottom braces on this Friday.  Lydia gets some adjustments this Tuesday.  She doesn't wear her elastics like she should so it is taking lots longer than we planned.  Dr Elison asks about you now and then too.

A4. No real issues with Asthma. I haven't used my inhaler or the singlair since I was in Chico, almost 2 yrs ago. I still have the inhaler, though. I don’t use the retainer all the time, my mouth started to get really dry from it, but I wear it every now and then. Tell Lydia the sooner she does the stuff they ask, the sooner they can come off.

Q5.   How many missionaries in your district?  Do you have sister missionaries in your district?  Have you had a p-day activity with your whole district yet?  What are your plans for today?  You don't have transfers till next week, right?  Sister Cahill said that Elder Puckett feels he will get transferred next week.  How are you feeling about that?  Do you feel you might get a calling, like Trainer, Zone Leader or District Leader?  That would certainly make the final leg of your mission exciting.

A5. There are 10 Missionaries in our district, 8 Elders and 2 Sisters. Yeah, we do have p-day activities with the whole Zone. Like, today we went to Oasis Fun Center, which a member owns. It has mini Golf, Laser tag, Go-carts, Laser maze and other cool arcade stuff. It was really fun. We find out about transfers on Mother's Day. I feel... meh.... like I do have a feeling Elder Puckett is going to be transferred. So, I'm learning the Area the best I can. Maybe District Leader and Trainer MAYBE... not too sure. 

Q6.   What was an exciting or 'butterflies in the stomach" moment this past week?  What was an introspective or thoughtful moment this past week?  What brought out a memory from your past this past week?  What was an important journal moment this past week?  Do you think these questions are too hard? lol  Tell us something that was a very important moment to you this past week?  Ask us all a question so Martin and Lydia can write you a letter to answer it!

A6. YES, TO QUESTION 5 IN THIS LIST!!!!! LOL... Nothing really exciting or introspective.... I can't really remember. Memories were from just tracting with the youth.  Oh, so you want me to do a Q&A!!!!!!

Q1. Dad, what's up? I miss you... When I get back I want to go hit golf balls with you.  How’s the new I-Pad? Have you done any more awesome pictures? Will you still have the Laptop and the I-pad when I get back...? How are you?

Q2. Martin... Well I speak to you a lot via e-mail, but I still would like a letter from you.  Maybe a list of all the games you have gotten while I’ve been gone. Are you taking German or are you not learning a language? I miss you. How are you?

 Q3.  Lydia... dear sister... how is life? How is your writing? How are the movies? lol

 Q4. Mom, how is Arthur? How are you? What have YOU been up to? Will I recognize my place when I get home?

 Love all of you and miss you!

--
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Paradise singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do E-mail

Check it Out!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is why I salute and proud all missionaries for being devoted and dedicated to their works.

    Thanks and God Bless!

    FCF FamilyCare foundation

    ReplyDelete