Monday, May 13, 2013

"A lot of ups!"


                                                                                 5/13/13
Hello once again Audience,
          “Happy Mother's day” to all you awesome Mothers out there. This week though, was full of ups and downs, but most of a missionary's life is like that. This week had a lot of ups!! I guess I should hit the downs out of the park first. 
         On Tuesday, we had our Zone Meeting and afterwards we got a phone call from a lady saying that her loved one has cancer. I insisted come over and give her a blessing. Little did I know that the person she was talking about it was her dog! We gave her dog a blessing. It went well, but little did I know that if a dog licks Elder Puckett's face he could get sick.  The next day he (Elder Puckett) wasn't feeling to well. He said he felt like someone punched him in the gut, but as time moved on he started to feel better. Then we went back to work. So those were the tough parts of the week, along with a few flakey people who didn’t show for appointments.
         The Good things are that we were able to work and get 20 lessons done this week.... not exactly 30, but it was a rough week. Oh, we also had transfer calls and Elder Puckett is going to Lincoln. I'm staying becoming District Leader. I’m not training, but I'm good with that I guess. lol. Looking at 12 weeks of being district leader , WHOO HOO!!!

Now for the Q & A CORNER!!!!!

Q1.   How did the appointment go yesterday?  How was Elder Puckett's visit with Bishop's referral?  How did the rest of your Sabbath day go?  Was it a good Birthday?

A1.   Oh, that appointment on Sunday, canceled. Actually he wasn't there. It was okay, we had steak for dinner at the Bishop’s house. It was good. J

Q2.   What was the news regarding transfers?  Do you have a new calling? Trainer?  District Leader? Where is Elder Puckett headed? You are staying right?  How do you feel about the changes?

A2. *Please refer to missionary weekly for the answer to this question. I feel good about it. J

Q3.   Are you using your planner?  Do you have a plan for the Shasta Lake area?  Do you feel like you have re-awakened the area?  Do you feel optimistic about the area and finding true searchers?

A3.   Yeah, I always use my planner.  I don’t really have a plan or nothing too big anyway. Nope, Shasta Lake is still asleep. I feel that the searchers are there, we are just having trouble finding them.

 Q4.   Do you have a bucket list for your mission?  Is there anything you wish you could still do or any place you wish you could see before you come home?  Are you taking pictures, even if we haven't seen them?  We can easily add picture to your binder when you get home.  It might be even better to do it with you, and you can add captions.

A4.   No bucket list really, but there are a few places I want to visit. Yes, I'm taking pictures. lol. I’d like to see Mt. Shasta and Sundial Bridge. There are a lot of places in the area I’d like to see.

Q5.   What was the best part of the past week?  What was the biggest challenge?  Did anything cause you to go outside your comfort zone?  What was the best part of your talk on Sunday?  I would love to hear it, did you write it down so you can share it later?

A5. Best part was my Birthday!!! Biggest challenge was finding people!!! A lot of things push me out of my comfort zone!!! I think the part of my talk I liked the best is where I share the scripture Alma 56:46-47 about the Stripling warriors!!! I have it written down, don't worry!!!

Q6.   Did you get to ask all you wanted when we skyped?  Do you have any other questions we didn't get to answer, yesterday?  Do you need anything or what besides letters can we send or do to make your mission even better?  Love you tons, and we are so proud of all you do.  You are amazing.

A6. No of course not. Yes, I have questions on every thing!!! What will the plans be when I get home? I’d just like letters, please. J Maybe you could send clips, like movie clips of you guys. lol.

Thanks for everything.  To all you peoples, thank you for everything!!!
        
Safety and Peace!!!

Elder Nathaniel Morris
~Shasta Lake, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment