Monday, March 25, 2013

"March Madness?"


Hello Once again family and friends,                    3/25/13
         This week was full of ups and downs.... but mostly ups!!!! I'm glad that Sabino is finally moved out. Oh, before I forget. Did Uncle Paul move to Utah? When did this happen? Was this supposed to be a surprise or something? Where does he live now? When I heard that he was visiting Arthur I thought he was just in town for the week!!! That's awesome. 
         Any who... Let's hit up Missionary Weekly!!!!

Missionary Weekly!!!!
          Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”, where we see the Lord's vineyard in action!!! Today, we see how sometimes things don't go your way, but we see the blessings of the Lord in the lives of others. Today... all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”!!!!

March 19, 2013 - Not much happened this day... less-active work and visits. We did have a lesson with Sarah.  She is a less-active youth. We talked about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, Faith, Repentance, Baptism, the gift of the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end.

March 20, 2013 - We had a great first lesson with a new investigator. Her name is Wanda and she is an "In-home" caretaker for a member of our ward. It was awesome. It was a little different then the usual lesson, but it was great.  The rest of the Day we had other set appointments, but they all fell through... (sad face)

March 21, 2013 - District Meeting went pretty well. I think I can get used to this.  I guess it takes awhile for me to get the hang of certain callings. We also had a lesson with a new less-active person that wants to come back to church. He is an interesting guy. He wants to move to Utah, because it has a good influence.  That made me trunky, just thinking about Utah. We also had a lesson with a part member family, but we had to pass them off to the other Elders, because they are in a different ward.

March 22, 2013 - Well today was my first day doing an actual Baptism Interview for the 1st ward. I was surprised because I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. It went well. We also had a bomb lesson with Trista. Her and her less-active husband have a wedding date for June 8 and we committed her for baptism on the 15th of June. So, right after the wedding she will be baptized!!!!

That's it for “Missionary Weekly”.  Now lets head to Q & A CORNER!!!!

Q1.   How has your past week been?  How many lessons?  Do you have any new investigators?  How are all of your investigators doing?  Are you finding joy and satisfaction in all the work you are doing?

A1.   We had about 17 lessons this past week.  No new gators. Yep, I always feel satisfaction when I teach!!!

Q2.   Do you have any special plans for Easter?  Have you met with Pres. Weston lately?  How do you feel you are doing with your calling as District Leader?  How is Elder Himmer doing? Does he feel more confident and is he enjoying his mission?  Tell him time passes quickly so he needs to enjoy every single minute while he is there.

A1. Not really, we do have a special fireside on Easter. We speak with Pres Weston often about things with our investigators. I feel a little better about my calling as district leader now. Elder Himmer is doing well. Yep, he seems to really enjoy the work.

Q3.   Dad wants to know how the driving is going?  We put your names on the prayer roll at the temple a couple of times, should we include your car too?  I do pray that you will always be safe. Martin drove us to Church and back today.  He is not a bad driver, but he needs to practice so he gets more comfortable.  What do you like about driving?  What makes you the most nervous about driving?

A3. It went pretty well. I did have a close call once, but I was able to stop in time. I was at an intersection and it was in a tough spot to see around. I started to pull out to see if I was clear and a car came though the intersection and it nearly hit us.  It scared Elder Himmer so much that he took the keys away and so he is now driving instead of me, but I'm fine with it.  I was tired of driving anyway.

Q4.   What kind of activities does your whole district do on P-days?  What kind of sports or outside activities do the sisters like to do?  Do you do the Frisbee golf now that the sun is out and it is spring?  We just got a couple of days of snow again!!  Several inches of snow fell on Thursday and Friday.  Yuck!!  I am so jealous that you are in sunny California.  Enjoy that sunshine!

A4. Well, we played a Nerf Zombie game with the Zone.  I'm not sure what the sisters like because they don't usually tell us. No Frisbees, as of now, mostly because no one wants to do it. 

Q5.   Oh, I forgot to send you the March Madness cards.  Seminary has a March Madness challenge where you read the entire New Testament in the month of March.  Martin is doing great.  While waiting for Conference to start today he got caught up.  I did not do so well.  I am going to do Amazing April.  I will send you the card so you can do it too if you want (New Testament).  Are you studying any other books right now?  Did you read a scripture this week that meant something special to you or answered a prayer?

A5. When I saw you put March Madness card on there, I thought you were talking about brackets for basketball. lol  That'll be cool!! I got a Book of Mormon Reference companion book that Elder Himmer and I look through every now and then. There is now particular scripture that comes to mind, but I'm currently reading Jacob 5 in the Book of Mormon right now. 

Q6.   What was the best thing about this past week?  What was the saddest part of this past week?  Did you have a "light bulb" moment this past week?  What was your favorite meal or treat this past week?  What did you do to serve your companion or missionary in your district this past week?

A6. The best part was committing someone to baptism. The saddest part was having appointments fall through. Not really, no light bulb moments for me. Corn Beef and Cabbage, the St. Patrick's Day tradition was great. Trying to listen to their needs is how I serve all the missionaries in my district.

         Well I guess I got to go!!!! I love all of ya!!!! Oh and if you want you can tell my friends and other family that now I can email friends and others besides just immediate family.  

--
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Paradise singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.

No comments:

Post a Comment