Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Scatter Brained?


Hello Family and Friends,
Sorry, this e-mail is a little late. The place we email from was closed for Labor Day, so here I am emailing today, Tuesday Sept. 4, 2012. Man this week was a crazy one. Let’s head to “Missionary Weekly” to see how everything is going?

      Welcome to Missionary week where we travel with the Lord's army and see them in action!!! Today, We see how exchanges can make a week go by fast, and then a special announcement concerning a baptism? Read all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.

August 28, 2012 - District Meeting!!!! Not much to say on this day, I wish I had brought my journal so I could remember what happened. Ummmm, we had visits and did some tracting. What do you want from me? I forgot to fill in my planner on this day, as well.

      August 29, 2012 - This was the start of me being so scattered brained that it’s not even funny. We had exchanges this day and I was in 1st ward’s area, which consisted of Elder Thorne and Elder Livingston. I was with Elder Thorne and it wasn't that bad. We made some
Visits.  They rescued a baby Squirrel, so we played with it for a while and got to hold it. Then we took the squirrel to one of the less active's home. He used to raise baby squirrels, so that was fun. I got a picture of it and I'll send it home soon. You would never guess what happen the next day.

      August 30, 2012 – Today was exactly one year from the day I left the MTC and came to California. That's not the part I was excited about. The crazy part of it, that turned my head into a whirlwind, was that we had
exchanges with the Zone Leaders. We had exchanges two days in a row. Man I was going crazy!!!! The day went pretty well. We did some visits, contacting and all that fun stuff. I was so scattered brained the whole day.

      August 31, 2012 - DL/ZL meeting and Weekly Planning!!!! yeah!!!! We also had an awesome lesson with Brother Kiner. We read out of Doctrine and Covenants section 88, which I will tell more about when I get to Q&A.

      September 1, 2012 - Service!!! We helped the Denslys’ with their yard. They are a young couple that moved into the ward just a few months ago and they feed us dinner a lot. They don't have much, but they are very friendly and willing to help us. We decided to help them with their yard and so we chopped down some trees that they didn't want. We moved some HEAVY tree stumps that weighed like a hundred pounds!!!! We did
other yard work as well.

      September 2, 2012 - So I guess I better spill the surprise. Scott, the guy we were teaching, is getting baptized on the 22!!! Yeah!!! I'm so hoping that I don't get transferred this week. They announced it
in Priesthood, so now everyone knows!!!

      That's it for “Missionary Weekly”. Sorry, it was short. Consider it a Labor Day special!!!!

     Now lets head to Q&A Corner!!!!!!

Q1. How are your investigators doing? How many lessons have you taught this past week? Did you learn anything new from your studies and lessons this past week?

A1. They are doing great. We just had a lesson with Logan and Scott yesterday and they really are enjoying it. We taught 8 lessons, not exactly mission standards, but we're doing better. Something new I learned was D&C 88:67 compared with D&C 4:5.

Q2. What was the best thing that happened this past week? What was the worst thing that happened this past week? What was the funniest thing that happened this past week? What was the most inspiring or motivating thing that happened this past week?

A2. The Best thing that happened was probably holding the squirrel. lol Well, I guess it would really be reading D&C 88. The Worst thing would have to be going on two exchanges in a row. The funniest thing would definitely be holding the squirrel. The most inspiring thing would be, maybe that's D&C 88.

Q3. How is the weather? Is it getting any cooler? We have had a couple of days of stormy weather but still hot. We are in the mid 90's most of the time. Are you looking forward to fall? We would love some pictures of the area that you ride about in and serve in.

A3. Warm, its starting to really cool down at night so now we don't need to run the A/C any more. I am looking forward to fall a little bit. Sure, I'll send some pictures soon.

Q4. Are you getting to know people in your ward? Tell us about one or two people that you talk with often or that provide service to you and Elder Leone. How is Elder Leone doing? Is he staying focused and motivated?

A4. Yeah, there are really cool people in our ward. There is one member that really doesn't like Utah missionaries, even though he's from Utah. lol Oh well, there is our Ward Mission Leader Brother Tidwell and let's see the Denslys who do like us and serve us. Elder Leone is doing well. He said his Mom is making him “Trunky”, because of all the emails about school and stuff after his mission. lol He is still doing well though.

Q5. What are your plans for P-day today? What part of p-day do you like or look forward to each week? Are you keeping up with all those boring domestic chores? Which job or housekeeping chore do you hate the most? Which do you not mind doing? What nice thing did you do for Elder Leone this week?

A5. "Do you know what today is? Its tomorrow.  I like writing my emails, just having a good time and relaxing. Yes, Mother, I am keeping up with my chores. What do I hate the Most? Where is my list? Oh, it's in the apartment under all my dirty clothes. Lol I don’t hate laundry as much as making my bed and such
though. I cleaned my desk? Which really isn't that dirty and also lately we've been playing tennis in the morning for exercise. I guess the nice thing I did was being ready to go out?

Q6. What would you like to know? What would you like to ask anyone here? Is there any ward members here at home that you would like to know about? Hope I can get more people to write to you and more letters coming your way.

A6. What would I like to Know? You didn't answer the questions from my last email. Well, how is school going? How is getting Arthur situated and such? MARTIN.... What’s up man? I miss you A LOT. Why haven't
you written me? Other than the Post cards of course!!!! Come on write me at least something. Send a poem or a Red Vs Blue Quote? Oh, I did think of a quote I kind of converted to missionary work. "Back on my Mission we didn't have all these fancy smancy cars. We had feet.... two feet and a bike and we had
to share the bike. Buck up son, you should consider your self lucky." Hey how about sending me a RVB quote everyday!!!!!

      Well, that’s it for this email. *Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn),
Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do E-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment