Monday, September 10, 2012

Another Day in Paradise?


გამარჯობა ოჯახი და მეგობრები ( gamarjoba ojakhi da megobrebi ) (Georgian)
         What a fast/slow week this week? It was a good one too. What a way to end a transfer. lol!!! Well, I guess I better just head to “Missionary Weekly” before I get into the big news. lol....
 
Missionary Weekly!!!!
Week 6 Edition (this transfer)

Welcome to “Missionary weekly” where we see how the progress of the Lord’s work is moving along.  Today, we see how week 6 will affect the outcome of something Great!!! Also transfers are in. See who will stay and who will go. Read all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”!!!

 Sept. 3rd, 2012 – This day was P-day, a time to relax, a day to chill from the work before, unless you are in Roseville 3rd ward. We had two lessons this night one with Logan and one with Scott. Lucky enough though they were on the same lesson, “The Gospel of Jesus Christ” (Faith, Repentance, Baptism, etc...).  We didn't really have to plan much on the lesson considering that they are the same thing. We just switched a few things around to make it fit their individual needs.  Man did we have to rely on the spirit, with not being very prepared, as we should be, and that day being P-day. We had a lot of prayer during those lessons.

 Sept. 4th, 2012Tuesday we had a free big breakfast. Well, not really. In my previous emails I mention doing service for a member in the YSA ward with the Zone Leaders. The member thanked us for the help by giving us breakfast and it was so gooooooood. We had french toast, eggs, sausage and hash browns, the works. Lol  Later we had our District meeting, which went pretty well.  We took district pictures, sadly I forgot my camera, but don't worry I can steal one from someone. lol. Then after that we just made some visits and OYM people, but not much luck.

 Sept. 5th, 2012 - Wednesday was our last exchange. Yes. It went very well. We did a lot of talking to people and contacting. Oh, I probably should have mentioned I was in my area, so that was fun.

 Sept. 6th, 2012Thursday, we had service again, with the same member. This time though, we were moving out all the excess dirt he had in his backyard into a bin so he could dump it. That was fun. Then we had to help another one of their members move a play set It was not one of those Playskool ones, but the big wooden playground ones.  Let me tell you, it was a pain in the back and neck to move, but we did it.  We tried to move it around the house but it was too wide and super heavy, so we decided to move it over the back wall, which goes to the street. It was funny because once we got it on top of the wall, we had one of the smaller missionaries balance it so we could come around with the truck.  You just have to know this kid, he’s about 5' 6'' 150lbs.  It was just funny to see him trying to balance it.  I thought it was going to crush him, but we got there in time to move it. Man that was tiring.

Sept. 7th, 2012Friday, when all things fell through.

Sept. 8th, 2012Saturday was another day when things fell through.  It wasn't all-bad though, we met Sis. Christensen. She served around Leone in Gridley.  She was coming to do a mission tour with her Mom, so we chatted.  I found out she's from West Jordan.  She is from farther out by the Oquirrh Mountain Temple area. Oh well, it’s still in West Jordan!!! 

 Sept. 9th, 2012 –Sunday, that one day that is different than all the rest, especially this Sunday. We had a lesson in the morning before Church with Scott. That guy is doing so awesome. He is so prepared. We taught the lesson on the Ten Commandments, Law of Chastity, keeping the Sabbath day Holy and obey and honor the law.  He is just eating it up!!! And of course we come to transfers, Elder Leone is staying and will be training. Elder Morris will be getting transferred to Paradise 3rd Ward, Chico Zone. YEAH HOOOO!!!! Going back to my roots the beginning of my mission, kind of, but Mom you get your wish I'll be in a car area. lol  It’s a good thing to since I accidentally pumped too much air in my tube and it tore my tire tread. I will have to replace that tire when the time comes. Oh, and also Elder Spjute is Zone Leader up there, so I will get to see him again!!! Yessss!!!!

          That's it for “Missionary Weekly”. Join us next time when Elder Morris takes his Mission to Paradise.  That is Paradise, California not spirit paradise. lol

         Now for the fun, Q & A CORNER!!!!!

Q1.   What was the best thing about this past week?  What was the hardest thing about this week?  What was the most exciting thing about this week?  Did you write in your planner and journal this week?

A1.  Having the Lessons with Scott Graves and Logan was the best thing. The hardest thing was probably when we had too much down time. The most exciting thing was to get the letters from Tommy, Grandma and Grandpa Morris and the package from Crissy. Yes, I did write in my planner and my journal this week. I just missed the past few days because we got in late both times and I was exhausted.

Q2.  How is Scott doing with his lessons?  How about all the other investigators?  Did you make any new contacts this past week?

A2. *Please refer to “Missionary Weekly” for information on this question.

Q3.   How was Church yesterday?  What did you learn or teach at Church?  Did any of your investigators come to Church?  What motivated you at Church today?  Did you set any new goals for this coming week?

A3.  It was good. We learned about the importance of repentance. Yeah, Scott and Angie came to Church. The talk on the Holy Ghost motivated me. Not really, just the same goals; Journal Writing, talk to people, you know that stuff.

Q4.  Did you get Crissy's letter and my letter?  Who did you hear from this week via email or snail mail?  What do you need or what would you like?  Can I send you a care package?  How is Elder Leone doing?  Does he need anything?  Take care of each other.

A4. YES!!!! She is making me sooo trunky now, but in a good way not the “I want to come home” way. lol  I heard from Tommy and Grandma and Grandpa Morris, but I haven't gotten your letter yet, maybe today? Nothing really, just don't send a Coasta Vida card yet.  I have to check if there is one in Paradise or at least Chico. Sure, if you want to send me a package.  I'm going to send my package today, so hopefully you will get it in one piece. lol

Q5.   We finally have some cooler weather.  How is the weather there?  Does it seem like fall yet?  Do palm trees change in the fall? or are they like pine trees and stay the same year round?  I guess that is a weird question.  Can you send some pictures?  I am trying to get an album of your letters put together this week.  I try to make chapter headings or pages for each area with pictures of that area.

A5.  It doesn’t really feel like fall here. Palm trees don’t change with the seasons that I know of.  Yes, I’m going to send pictures soon.

Q6.   How are you feeling physically?  How do you like tennis?  Where do you get the rackets and such?  What other things do you do for exercise?  I hope you are doing things you really enjoy and things that energize you physically and mentally.

A6.  I’m doing alright.  Tennis is fun, once you finally get it. I bought my own racket. Other things I do for exercise are sleep (jk) and basketball.

         Well, that's it. I better end now because Elder Leone is reading over my shoulder and waiting for me to be done. You know the tune....
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time, this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.
Check it Out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment