Monday, August 27, 2012

"Words into Actions"


ಹಲೋ ಕುಟುಂಬ ಮತ್ತು ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರು ( Halō kuṭumba mattu snēhitaru) (Kannada)
          Whoa this week went by quickly, so quickly that I didn't even notice, but it was a very good week.  This week topped all the other weeks of this transfer. I guess in order to explain this; I better head to “Missionary Weekly”.

Missionary Weekly
          Welcome to Missionary Weekly where we Travel with the laborers of the vineyard. Today we see how a visit from a member of the Seventy can enlighten even the brightest minds. We'll see how a well planned out lesson leads to a commitment to baptism after the first lesson. We’ll read all this and more on “Missionary weekly”!!!

          August 20, 2012 - What a great way to start a week with none other than a lesson, even if its a short lesson. It was just a movie, but it’s just as powerful. We had a lesson with Logan this day. We watched "Finding Faith in Christ" and talked about Christ's earthly ministry, mostly the Atonement. He is really enjoying the lessons and enjoying going to church with his Aunt, Uncle and Cousins.  I guess I should shed a little light on the subject. Logan is living with his Aunt and Uncle because his Mom is.... well, let’s just say she doesn't deserve the “Mom of the Year” award.  I guess this is all from what I have heard, so don't take my word for it.  Now he is living with his Aunt and Uncle and that's one of the reasons why we haven't set a date with him yet.  He is progressing a lot.

          August 21, 2012 - I feel that Heavenly Father is really trying to humble me these past few weeks. We went to visit Jeff and let’s just say that all the misinterpretation of the Bible really ticks me off.  Ticks me off how people think it says one thing, but it doesn't say that at all. It really ticks me off and I feel like I'm becoming one of them that hold the scriptures higher than God himself, because I want to prove them wrong.  That's not why I'm out here, right? I'm here to find the searchers of truth even if that means I have to go through the "tares" to get to the "wheat". We answered his question about marriage after the resurrection, but I guess it means something else to him.  The day did get better. We just did some contacting and visits. Not much more to say about this day.

          August 22, 2012 - Zone Leader Exchanges today, one of the greatest joys of being DLB. I hope you can sense my sarcasm in that sentence? Hey I wasn't stuck in my area at least. That's one thing I like.  It was fun though. We started out with service, by pouring cement for a member.  I think by the time I'm done with my mission I will be an expert in all physical labor, nah.  After we went out and did some contacting and ran into another guy that was pretty much against the church. Well, against all religion in general, which surprised me because according to Webster’s Dictionary, if you have a certain belief and practice it or do something with it, it’s considered a religion. Look it up, but anyways, after he was done ranting or whatever, he said, "After your done running on the tread mill of religion come to me." As I walked away, a thought came to my mind, “Hey at least on a tread mill, I'm getting stronger instead of just sitting on my faith alone." Whatever it's not that important.

          August 23, 2012 - Zone Conference is where my understanding of the spirit really made the most sense. Elder Cardon is a really cool guy. You might like him, Martin. He served a mission in Italy and also served as Mission President in Italy. The main part of the conference was about recognizing and acting on impressions of the spirit. The Spirit shall cause our hearts to burn or we will feel Impressed on something, then we ask God what it is that was impressed on us.  He will tell us in our minds what it is. I’m referring to the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 8:2-3, mostly two. "I will tell you in your mind and in your heart..." and he talked about inviting investigators to pray on the first visit.  He committed us to invite people to commit to baptism after the first lesson, as well, which is what we're supposed to do anyway. It was very cool.

          August 24, 2012 - Now this is the moment we put the training we heard at the conference into action. We had a lesson with a potential investigator. His name is Scott G. and he came to church a couple of times with our High Councilman.  We taught him the Restoration.  We committed him to baptism with a “soft” commitment, "As you come to know these things are true will you be baptized by someone holding the Priesthood authority of God?” He Accepted. Yes!!!

          August 25, 2012 - Saturday was full of just Weekly Planning and such.

          August 26, 2012 - Sunday, we had another lesson with Logan this day and taught him the Plan of Salvation. It went very well. Elder Leone used some cutouts to help teach it. Logan is progressing so fast that I wish that we didn't have to worry about legal issues.

          That’s it for “Missionary Week”.  Join us next time for more adventure in the California Roseville Mission.

         Don't change that dial because it’s time for “WHEEL...OF... FORTUNE”, nah. I’m just kidding. It's time for Q & A CORNER!!!!!!!!!!

Q1.   Did you make any new contacts?  Do you have any new investigators?  How are the investigators you have been doing?  Did you ever catch up to Logan and has he set a date yet?  What about Mara (is that her name?)?

A1.   Yes!!! Scott G.!!!!, who we will set a date with on Wednesday. Yes, we caught up with Logan.  No baptism date yet.  Mara is just not progressing as fast. She is more plateauing. We are going to have one more lesson with her and see how that goes.

Q2.   What was the best thing that happened this week?  What was the worst thing that happened this week?  What scripture, quote, song or person inspired you this week?

A2.   The Best thing would probably be the lesson we had with Scott G. and the Half Mission Conference. The worst thing that happened was probably being shut down by the two contacts. I guess my inspiration came from the new bible video the church put out on the Beatitudes.

Q3.   I sent you a letter on Thursday.  Did you get it yet?  How long does it take for mail to get to you?  I have a plan for letter writing this week.  You may get more than your usual letters, surprise.  Who would you like to get a letter from the most?

A3.  I got it on Saturday, the one with all the pictures of the vacation and Arthur's Birthday? Yeah, I have a comment to make.... I feel like I was looking at a prison photo when I saw the Family Portrait. When you smile show some teeth. You all look how I feel, tired. lol jk,  Seriously though, I want to see your smiling faces with some teeth, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaassssssssseeeeeee. Thank you for the pictures, though. Oh and I noticed that in one of Arthur's pictures, on the Fridge a picture of a familiar Missionary. lol. Just thought I’d throw that out there. lol. The mail takes about 3 days or so, unless Sunday gets in the way then it’s 4 days. Well let’s see I’d like a letter from Martin. Mostly Martin and Dad. I did get an email from Dad and I want to again say thank you. It was nice to finally hear or read from you, Dad. lol

Q4.   What is a typical day like?  What is your favorite part of each day?  What is your least favorite part of each day?  Do you like Sundays or are they especially hard?  What did you hear and learn at Church yesterday?

A4.  Well, if you open your mini-Preach my Gospel, oh yeah, I got a mini-Preach My Gospel.  I know what I'm going to get for Martin's 18th Birthday. lol. Our days are just waking up at 6:30, exercise, shower, (I think I'm getting use to showering every morning) lol jk, then study, go out and Proselyte till about 9:00 and dinner and lunch some where in there. Sundays are pretty busy we have Ward Council from 9 to 11, church from 1 to 4 then dinner between 5:30 to 6 with a lesson right after that. Let’s say a very popular scripture was shared at church, 3 Nephi 27:27, "what manner of men ought ye to be? Even as I am."

Q5.   How was your half conference?  What did Elder Cardon talk about?  Was the conference about?  Did it motivate you and Elder Leone?  I am eager to hear your thoughts on it all.

A5.  *Please refer to “Missionary Weekly “ for information on the topic, I will send a copy of my notes soon.

Q6.   Do you want to vote this year in the presidential election?  Should I send you information about voting online or voting by mail?  I'm not sure we can still do that but I can find out.  I could send you the website address and you could register online, I believe.  Let me know what you are thinking and feeling about that?

A6.  To tell you the truth I really don't want to get into Politics what so ever, but if I have to then sure send me the info. I'll say that Politics really are crappy. I don't really like how people talk about Romney OR Obama. I'm just tired of all this crap about it, BUT I'm still in favor of Romney. Whatever happens, happens. I guess I'm just against cutting down people, whoever they are. Send it if you can. Jesus said to Love one another as I have loved you.

That's it for Q&A Corner and for this e-mail. Sorry, Lydia that your sick. Hope you get better for school.  Before you and Martin start school ask Dad to give you a Priesthood blessing to help you through the year.  Get off of the Netflix, okay? Love you all. Enjoy life and seriously if you don't want to write (even though that would be nice) email me.  I'll try and get back to you.  Until next time, Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.

No comments:

Post a Comment