Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Let's just say it's "HOT"!


                                                                                 8/13/12
Dear Family, Friends, Members, and Fans,
  Hopefully I can get some email in today, people have been on the computer. Either you will get this email today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday).   I don't know why I'm writing that part because either way you have gotten this and are reading it. Any who!! Let’s get to the meat of the email, “Missionary Weekly”.

Missionary Weekly

Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”, where we journey in the wilderness with the servants of the Lord.  Today, we see how service can be colorful, and emergency Mini-missionary? See how the missionaries work on and off schedule, with a third companion, who had a birthday? See how Elder Morris celebrates his “One-year” mark in the field. Read all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.

 August 7th, 2012 - Service with a color. Today, we did service for Sister Kane, a less-active/part-member family. We helped them last week with a little bit of painting and didn't finish, so we came back today and did more work on it.  It was hot.... let’s just put it that way.  It was around the triple digits. In fact, it was in the triple digits all week, this week.  We worked from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. We took a few breaks every now and then for water, but we did mostly painting around the trim of the house. After we finished we went back to our apartment and got cleaned up.  We went to the bike shop... (Now mom breathe).... everything is okay.  My back wheel broke, again.  It was my fault, because I kind of stepped on it to lock it in place.  I didn't have to pay for anything. They just used the warranty and gave me a new one.  I just save 75 dollars. 

 August 8th, 2012 - We had a Zone meeting today.  We talked more on planning and getting people to church.

 August 9th, 2012 - Today we got another mini – missionary.  I was pretty excited, but that changed the next day.  We also went out and tried to visit a few people, but I guess it was too hot for people to be out or talk to us.  Blasted sun, but hey all is well I guess.

 August 10th, 2012 - HAPPY MISSION BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! I am now this many years old, okay just 1 year old.  It's crazy to believe that it has been a year since I left home.  My testimony has grown so much through this whole mission.  Now, I have one more year to go. Thanks for the package it was awesome. I love the Camel too. Lol  The Awesome CD I love a lot, thanks!!!! I also appreciate the letters as well.  I love hearing from all of you.  It was Capitol AWESOME!!!! This day we did weekly planning...super yey!!!! Oh, I got sheet music with the song I love.  It’s called "I heard him come".  Elder Leone had a copy so he gave it to me.  It’s really an amazing song. Oh, and also Nikki's birthday was this day as well. She is now 20!!!! Man that's cool.  Today was the time with the Mini Missionary when things were odd.  When we were biking, to the church the mini missionary nearly got hit by a truck.  Man, the conversations we had were odd as well.  I won't go into detail.

  August 11th, 2012 - More Service with Color!!!  Today, we went back and finished the painting!!!! YEAH!!!! It was fun, as well. They fed us Breakfast and lunch.  It was so much fun, until we found out they were moving to Loomis soon.  The whole work was to get the house to look good to sell. Oh well, I definitely think that we built a good relationship with them.  Oh, and this is when our mini went home. So, now things should move smoothly!!!! JK!!! It was fun with him.

           That's all for “Missionary Weekly”....

 Now, let’s go to our next program, Q & A CORNER!!!!!

Q1.   How has the weather been?  Sister Peterson who lives in Roseville 5th ward said it has been record heat there.  I hope you are not getting to overheated or dehydrated.  Are you taking good care of each other and making sure each of you are feeling well?
   
A1.   HOT, let’s just leave it at that.  It’s just hot, 108 F and it won’t get any cooler in the next 7 days.  We're definitely staying hydrated.

Q2.  How are Nikki and Andrew doing?  The story Nikki told was so touching.  She should have a great testimony.  How are all your investigators and less-actives doing?  I know you are just what they need, so keep working hard for them.
 
A2. They're doing awesome. We've been having trouble trying to contact them this whole week, but hopefully next week will be better.

 Q3.   How is your plan coming along?  You know "Hit the pavement, find, teach and baptize!"  I hope you have found some renewed energy and enthusiasm.  It must be hard for Elder Leone the closer he gets to going home.  It would be so nice for him to have a Baptism to send him off.  He should get to see some reward for all his hard work.
 
A3.  It's coming. He actually is going back to Rocklin this Friday to baptize one of his investigators there.  So, we'll get one here too!!!

 Q4.  What was something inspiring that happened this week?  What was the best thing that happened?  What was the worst thing that happened?  Any journal moments you would like to share?
 
A4.  What inspired me the most was all you guys did with the letters and package. It really helped. The best thing would be getting the package and the post cards I got today.  Thank you!!! The worst thing would be biking in the heat!!! Nothing too big, all this is really a journal entry for me.

Q5.  I loved your "I'm a Mormon" spot.  How do you feel your testimony has changed this year?  What do you think has changed the most about you the past year?  What do you think was the biggest moment or memory from this past year?  Was it a fast year or a slow year from you point of view?

A5. My testimony has changed a lot.  I always feel like I need to change it everyday. My attitude towards life and the gospel has really changed for the better. I think the biggest moment or memory was the day I went into the MTC. Another great moment or memory was having Arnett as my trainer, all my companions and the people we touch.  It’s been going way fast. I feel like I should be hitting my six-month mark instead.  lol

Q6.    What is something you want to ask us?  This Question is for you to send back to anyone you want.  Ask any question of any one and I make sure you get it answered.

A6.  Okay, my turn.  I read from Martin's postcard that a “Halo” movie is coming out, is this true doctrine? I would like to know. Let's see what else? How are the fires in Utah? Are they under control now? I don't want to get a phone call that says my family went up in flames? How is Doug doing? I haven't heard from him in a long time. Let him know that the “Sons of Seminary” still rule. He'll get the message. lol  How about Steve Rowzee, has his Mom been writing he's emails on his FB? How are the rest of the missionaries?  Could you do what you did before and put some of their emails in my letter when you get them? Thanks. I think that’s’ all. Oh, how is having the I-Pad Dad? lol See, if you wait patiently the Lord will provide the I-Pad you want.  lol!!!

Well, I guess that’s it for this email.  Are there any more questions, thoughts, or concerns?  Please, and I say PLEASE email or write me.  This is the address; 1801 Eureka rd. #22 Roseville CA, 95661.

          Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt,
sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a.  Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do E-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment