Monday, July 30, 2012

Staying in Roseville


                                                                        7/30/12

ಹಲೋ ಕುಟುಂಬ ಮತ್ತು ಸ್ನೇಹಿತರು, ( Halō kuṭumba mattu snēhitaru ) (Kannada)
         Man what a fast week 6 this was.  Oh and I also want to thank the new viewers of this e-mail for being a part of this.  Sorry that I haven't emailed before. If you don't remember or know me, I'm Elder Morris and I served in your Nevada City ward.  Again I apologize for not emailing sooner, please forgive me. Any who let's get to the main point of the email,” MISSIONARY WEEKLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Missionary Weekly
Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”, where we see how the Lord’s servants are doing in the Lord's Vineyard. Today, we see how the last week actual did not go as well as we hoped, and transfer calls, who is staying and who is going. 
Read about all this and more on, “Missionary Weekly” (BYU Weekly theme music).

July 24, 2012 - Happy “Pioneer Day” to everyone?  Oh, that's right we don't celebrate “Pioneer Day” here, like in Utah.  Sad day. Well I guess not all sad, we did celebrate it early, but no fireworks, very sad day. Oh well, next time. Today, we had our last District Meeting for this Transfer.  No, yay we also spent most of the day with a third missionary. He was from the 9th ward. His companion went to the temple, so we hung out with him for what seemed like all day, which wasn't bad.  He's awesome.  It was Elder Rasmussen, I love that kid he is capitol A Awesome. We also hadn’t had dinner that night so we ordered Mountain Mike's Pizza and hung out at the apartment till his companion came back.

July 25, 2012 - This day we spent most of our time visiting and Contacting with not much luck in the morning or the afternoon, but when it came to the evening time we did much better.   I guess it was because we were with Brother Tidwell our Ward Mission Leader, but sadly though people were either asleep or were part of another church or just too busy, but we did make contacts. Sweetness!!!

July 26, 2012 - EXCHANGES!!!!! It was the last exchange for this transfer. Yes!  I was actually excited for this one because I would be out of our area, sweetness. It went very well. The missionary I was with was Elder Rasmussen's companion Elder Thueson. He is a big guy, maybe a bit cocky but very motivated to share the gospel.  We had a very successful day. We taught three lessons and had a great homemade dinner.  We also had a long walk while tracting that I actually enjoyed. Which is kind of weird, but true. I guess if you do something for a while you get use to it.

July 27, 2012 - Lets see, we had our weekly planning today and an awesome lesson with Logan about recognizing the Spirit and scripture study. The spirit was so strong during that lesson. Sadly though, we didn't set a date yet, but we will soon. It takes time.

July 28, 2012 - Not much happen this day just visits and contacting.  Let’s see, we did visit Brother Meeks. He's doing well. He seems lonely a lot of the time, but loves it when we come by.

July 29, 2012 - Church was funny because the past few days I was thinking about what I'm going to do after my mission. One of the talks was about marriage. Yeah, talk about a red flag. Lol  It’s something I'm definitely considering.  Well, I guess according to my Mom, "You better get married!!" lol   Don't worry marriage is a part of my plan.  lol!! There were other talks as well on the Sabbath day worship, following the spirit and giving good gifts.  Oh, and I'm not getting transferred, just so you know and neither is Elder Leone, but there has been a lot of changes, which I'll talk about soon.

That's it for “Missionary Weekly”.  Join us next time when we see how the area is going to explode with great work!!!! 

         Now, we come to the 2nd main part of the email. Q & A CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!! The part of the show where we answer your questions about the work.

Q1.  Are you getting transferred?  I really hope that you and Elder Leone get to stay together.  How do you feel?  Is Roseville getting old or are you just getting started there?

A1. Nope, not getting transferred. Yes, we're still together. I feel like now I can really put myself out there to find those in need of the Gospel.

Q2.  What was the best part of this week?  What was a strange thing that happened this week?  What caused you a "Light Bulb" moment?  What did you hear and learn at Church yesterday?  Who told you something encouraging, inspiring or surprising this week?

A2. Best part of the week was the awesome dinners, with a couple of awesome families, the Tidwells’ and the Andersons’.  Nothing really strange happened just the usual.  A “Light Bulb” moment? Well, I had a feeling we should visit one of our investigators, but it turns out that we saw one of our potentials walking around and spoke to him for a while. He's doing well, enjoying life still, but not ready yet.  I wish I could remember the day a bit more.  We did visit a less active member and he said it was funny, because he was thinking about calling the bishop when we popped up. Yeah, we do that some times.  lol

Q3.  How are your investigators doing?  Do you have a Baptism date set for Logan?  Have you met with Rashan Surgess and his family?  How are Andrew and Nikki coming along in the lessons? I really get thrilled for you when you have people who want to listen and you have an opportunity to teach.  Remember to seek the spirit and follow the guide of the Holy Ghost.

A3. They are all doing well. We don’t have a date set for Logan yet. We tried to visit the Surgess family, but they weren't available. Andrew and Nikki are doing great. They're planning on moving out of the crappy apartment they're living in soon, so hopefully we'll still be able to teach them.

Q4.  Does your Zone Leader, District Leader or President Weston, know that your bike isn't fully functional?  Maybe someone at the Mission home could give you a name of someone who could fix it low cost?  If we can get parts and send them let me know?  I just want any hurdles like a broken bike to be removed so you can freely work and do what you need to.

A4. Mom, I thought you said the last email was going be the last one where you bug me about my bike. It’s fine.  Yes, they all know. Don’t send parts.  Brother Meeks knows someone who can replace it. I can figure it out. My bike is now a 2 and a 7 so I can go faster and handle hills better.

Q5.  I wish I could say I am in better shape but I can't.  What have you been doing to stay in shape?  Did you have anything new or different for dinner this past week?  Do you have a family that has you over for dinner appointments regularly?  Have you and Elder Leone cooked for each other?  Does Elder Leone have a special item he likes to fix for dinner?

A5. To stay in shape we, bike... walk... the usual.  Nope, we haven’t eaten anything new or unusual.  We've been pretty set with dinners. Not that I know of, we don’t cook much because we don’t need to.

Q6.  Today in sacrament the Sister Missionaries talked.  They talked on missionary work.  The whole block was on the theme of missionary work and how we can be missionaries in our neighborhood.  Have you talked in sacrament?  If you have was it scary or just felt routine?  Do the missionaries get asked to participate at church often?  Maybe you could visit the primary?  I love doing that as a Stake Primary Leader.

A6. I did once and that was during my 6 weeks in Chico. We don’t talk or participate often, but its been getting better that’s for sure. Ok, Mom I think you've been abusing the purpose of Q&A Corner.  lol.

Anyway, that's it for this email.  Thank you for reading.  Now it’s time for the fun third part and final part of the email.

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再 見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci! zbogom, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt,
sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do E-mail

No comments:

Post a Comment