Monday, July 23, 2012

"Mini-Mission" Program


                                         7/23/12
Witaj rodzina i przyjaciele (Polish)
     What an Awesome week. Awesome with a capitol A, but man am I exhausted. Time for a snooze train... Ok e-mail first. I guess I should start off with BYU We-- I mean “Missionary Weekly”(bum, bum, bum).

Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”. Today, we see how the Roseville 3rd ward Missionaries do with a third wheel in their group? Also, we see what tacos and a
movie have to do with Pioneer Day? All this and more will be on “Missionary Weekly”.

     July 17, 2012 – A, few weeks before we got a phone call from one of the Mission President's councilors telling us that we were getting a mini-missionary. A mini-missionary is a program that the Stakes and
I'm guessing the Church does. The program helps priest age young men to be better prepared to serve a mission. The Priest age young man serves with us for a time, usually a week, as a missionary. He is serving a mini-mission, does that make sense? So we started off the week with our new Mini-missionary. He was awesome. The funny part was that we had service in the morning at the service project Where we helped last week. We laid down some concrete and did some digging. We didn't do much, considering that there was a lot of people there, but it was fun. Then we went to work.  Oh, we also ran into an old guy named Earnest. Yeah, we were back to being taught what to do. He's a Catholic and he was just started going off on how we should go back to our origin and he thought I was Scandinavian. Yeah, try English/European, bud. Unless, Mom are you part Scandinavian? Oh, and also how the Catholics have the authority and a whole lot of other stuff. We asked if he read the Book of Mormon. He said, yes and he said he prayed, but I felt that he didn't. I was Impressed with how our mini-missionary handled it. He started to testify, but the guy still wasn't listening to us at all. Oh, well.

     July 18, 2012 – “OYM”-ing really does pay off. In the morning we went out to walk around the park to find people to teach after trying to contact a few less-actives. No luck, until we said a prayer and
continued to walk and as we walked and walked and walked, we sang, just kidding we got called out by an older lady. We found out that she was a member. She was taking her grandchildren to the park. She told us that one of her grandsons, who is baptized, was 13 turning 14 in August. He is preparing to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. She wanted us to talk to him about it and so we did. The lesson went great and he really understood it well. Later that day we had interviews. Yeah, Ok, it wasn't that bad. It actually went well, I think. I'm definitely overcoming my fear of interviews more. We just talked about my mission and how it’s going and how everyone was doing at home. You know the usual stuff.

     July 19, 2012 - This day was full of contacting and tracting. Yay, it was pretty good with the mini-missionary, I mean Jacob Smith. I mean Elder Smith or Brother Smith?  He did a pretty good job. I was impressed. I wish I had done a mini-mission. Hey, Martin you should see if you could do it. you'll love it man. You would get to experience what it’s like to
be me, kind of, I guess?

     July 20, 2012 - Mini-missionary goes home, sad day. He was soooo trunky. Just kidding. lol After he left we went and did our weekly planning and  paper work. Yeah, it was great fun. Then after that we spent the rest of the day contacting. We did have a lesson
with Andrew and Nikki. Andrew is a Non-member and Nikki is a Member who is less active. It was fun in a way. I guess Nikki loves to talk and tell stories about when she was with her family. Oh, Andrew and Nikki are a young couple in their early 20's young, but so fun. Lol We are planning on baptizing Andrew soon. We are going to set a date next week… or I guess this week.

     July 21, 2012 - Ward activity night. So, we had an awesome activity to have members invite non-members to. We had a “Movie in the park” kind of thing. We had a taco bar for dinner and they watched “17 Miracles”.
We couldn't watch it because its not made by the church. Dang... It was a great success, though. Lots of people came and some were non-members as
Well. It was sweet!!!!

     July 22, 2012 - Sunday was one day we picked up a new investigator, kind of. His name is Rashan Surgess he's from LA and is married. He has 5 kids. I think I never really saw them, but very interested and hopefully we can pick up the family.

      That's it for “Missionary weekly”. Join us next time to see the results of transfers. Now for the fun but tiring part of the email, Q&A!!!!!

Q1.  How are you both holding up in the heat?  I saw that it was 102 degrees there today (Sunday).  Wow, and we thought our 98 degrees was hot.  It pretty much stays in the mid 90s here.  How is it in Roseville?

A1. We're fine. It’s a bit hot. Ok, a whole lot of hot. Yeah, it’s weird. For a few days its 87 and 88 then it jumps to 100 or 102 degrees, talk about a jump.

Q2.  Have you set a Baptism Date for Logan?  Who are you teaching now? Anyone who is really listening and feeling the spirit?  Did you have any special moments with your investigators this week?

A2.  Not yet, the family is out of town for a couple of days, soon though soon. Not a whole lot... just the usual and nothing too big. We tried to invite a few of our investigators to “17 miracles” but none of them came.

Q3.  Did you get my email about your pant length?  I hope to get a package out to you this week with garments, socks, shirts and slacks. I really want to help you out just let me know what you need?  Can you
believe your 1 year mark is coming soon?  I have a special surprise for you when that day gets here.

A3. Yes, I did get the email and it’s a 36X30, but if you want to be safe you could do a 32 length if you want. I know. Can you believe it? It’s CRAZY!!!!

Q4.  Have you done anything else with your bike?  I feel bad that you are riding a bike that doesn't shift gears especially in the heat. How can we help with that? I know transfers will be coming in a week. That time sure moves fast.  Do you feel you will transfer or that Elder Leone will transfer?  How long did you say he has been out?

A4. Well, I had the bike working just fine until last week, then it fell of again and I'm now back into 2nd gear. Oh well, I'll see what I can do. I'm fine for now. I don't think any of us are going to get transferred. I think I'll stay for one more then get transferred. Elder Leone's been out for 20 months about.

Q5.  I will try to get your photos scanned and on your mission site this week.  I did get your photos from Nevada City on the site today. Can you make sure we have a copy of a photo of Elder Mansell and Elder Leone?  Martin loved the drawing and letter.  Lydia loved her letter too! You are a good brother. I will try to kick them and get them to write you this week!

A5. Sure thing.

Q6.  What was the best thing that happened this week? What was the hardest thing that happened this week? What new thing did you learn this week? What was your favorite scripture while reading this week? What was the funniest thing that happened this week?

A6. The Best thing would probably be having a Mini-missionary. The hardest thing would be braving the heat. A new thing I learned is that sacrifice is
Important, even if its hard. Favorite Scripture that I read would probably be Mosiah 27. It’s about Alma and the Sons of Mosiah. It goes to show that whoever turns from the church can come back. The funniest thing I think that the whole time with the Mini missionary. It was a fun time and we always had something to laugh about.

Well I guess that's all for this e-mail. I will be sending a snail mail soon, with more info on other stuff. Here comes the sad part, the ending.
      Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.

No comments:

Post a Comment