Monday, July 16, 2012

HOT, HOT, HOT.....


Dear Family and Family,
         I now consider all who read these emails my family, not just friends.... ok maybe a few. Anyways, I promise to TRY and keep this email short, but what's the fun in that. lol!!!! Let's move to “Missionary Weekly”!!!!

Missionary Weekly!!!
Welcome to “Missionary Weekly” where we view the harvest in the Lord’s field!!!!
         July 10, 2012 - USUALLY we have a District meeting in the morning on Tuesday, but the night before the Zone Leader told us that they were planning on having a Zone Meeting on Wednesday instead. We decided to do a survey that President Weston wanted us to do.  We did it and it was quick. Then we had to go to the Stake Center for an interview for one of the other missionary’s investigators. The funny part was that the interview was supposed to be at 12:30, but the investigator's Dad took forever to get there so we had the interview at 1:25 pm.  We didn't have lunch till two o'clock, so we had a late lunch. Luckily though our dinner canceled.  We were so full all day from eating at Costa Vida!!!! lol!

         July 11, 2012 - Zone Meeting!!!! Today we talked about setting Goals and Making Plans and how we can make realistic goals and work to achieve them. It was well done and the Zone Leaders did a great job putting it together. After that we had a long lesson, well more like a long chat with one of the less actives we're teaching. Well, I guess I would really not label him less active, more like Semi-Active. He wanted us to bring him two Book of Mormons, so he could give one to his friend and one to his Cousin. He's already doing his job. lol

July 12, 2012 - Weekly planning and a HOT, HOT SUMMER SUN!!!!! It was 108 F.  SOOOOOOOOO HOT!!!!!!

July 13, 2012 - Exchanges!!!! Today I was in 1st Wards area. We started off the day with a long morning of service, a long morning starting at 7:30 am and going till 1:30 pm. I was so tired that day and the next day as well. Then we had a couple of lessons and also had dinner with a family that moved from West Jordan UT. 5 years ago. They were in the River Oaks Stake. I think that’s right next to Bingham Creek Stake? So yeah, sweetness!!!! It was a good exchange. It’s nice to be in someone else’s area.

July 14, 2012 -Today we went through our list of people so fast that the day just flew by. Not much has happen though, I feel like we're at a dead end with finding more people to teach.

July 15, 2012 – Sunday was an interesting one. lol Church was good. It was the after Church part that was interesting. The night before we planned on reaching our goals for other lessons, so we went out to OYM, but only got one other contact. Then we had to biked about 3 or 3.5 miles to our next lesson. That went very well. It was getting late and we stopped to talked about what we should do before we went in for the night.  All of a sudden two Hot Girls, I mean fine young women drove by yelling "I LOVE JESUS!!!!" We kind of chuckled and ignored it. As missionaries we get that a lot. lol  So, we decided to visit a potential investigator.  As we were leaving, the same girls that yelled at us, pulled up beside us.  They started to ask us about our missions and so we gave them a pass along card. We told them to check out Mormon.org and answered some of their questions. Maybe they'll check out Mormon.org? lol After that we went inside and ended our day.

 NOW for Q&A!!!!!! Sorry, if this seems short.

 Q1.  How are your investigators, less-actives and contacts?  Have you been doing lots of tracting?  Did you get any new referrals?  Have you set a Baptism Date for Logan?  How exciting for him.

A1. They're doing fine, I guess. We have been having trouble contacting people or finding new investigators.  I guess it’s because it’s the summer months and everyone is on vacation. As for Logan, we have not set a Baptism date yet, but soon though.

Q2.  What was the best thing about this past week?  What was a challenge this week?  What message at Church do you remember and that made an impression on you?  Did you meet your personal goals?  I know you did, because you are amazing!

A2. What was the best thing this week? I think it would be either exchanges or going to Costa Vida for lunch. I can't really choose between those two things. A challenge? My bike, 'nuff said.  Church? There is nothing too big to tell. The talks were mainly about service, missionary work and loving those that hate you. Did I meet my goals? Well, not really, but close though.

Q3.  Weather, well you know the question.  Is it hot?  How are you both coping?  It has been strange here in Utah, rain here and there, but still hot.  Upper 90s is cool for us.  The rain was very welcome to my garden.  Of course, Crissy was in heaven.  She loves the rain.  They actually had a fire in Tooele on the mountain but it was taken care of quickly.

A3. Hot for the first part of the week, but now it’s going to be in the 80's this week. Yesssss, so excited!!! I wish we had a little rain we've been sunny all week long.  We’ve been sunny since the end of May I guess.

Q4.  I promise to get you that "Camp Heleman" shirt to you soon.  Is there anything you need?  How are your slacks, white shirts and socks holding up?  Be sure to let me know if you need anything at all.

A4. I might need some slacks maybe just one or two and I definitely need more socks. All my socks are either gone missing or have holes, except the ones with stars.  They are holding up well.  Maybe if you could send those kind of socks and garments (36 waist and large regular tops).

Q5.  How is Elder Leone doing?  Have you done anything nice for him this past week?  What is something you think is a special talent or gift that Elder Leone has?  What do you both like to do on p-day besides your domestic chores?

A5. He's doing well. Yes, as a matter of fact, we came back for lunch one day and I just felt like making popcorn. It was just sitting in there, so I popped some. I saw that when I filled the cup you sent me, that there was more. Elder Leone was asleep and so, I put the rest of my popcorn in his cup and put it on his desk.  I guess that should count, right? Talents?  Elder Leone has talents in leadership skills, piano skills, and num-chuck skills... jk, just the first two. We play basketball and piano on p-days.

Q6.  Do you think they will celebrate the Days of 47 in Roseville?  We used to celebrate in Idaho.  We had a parade and everything.  Have you heard anything in Church or from President Weston about special events on July 24th?  I think it is a church-wide day of remembrance for the pioneers.

A6.  Maybe, but I don't think it'll be that big just a small celebration.

Wow I tried to keep it short. lol  Oh well, I guess this is the end of the email.  Sorry about the job interview, Dad. Hopefully it'll be better next time. Hey, maybe the reason you didn't get the job was because the Lord wanted you to be with your family for the reunion? Think about it.

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, अलविदा (Alavidā), Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! Do, do, do, do, do, do email.

No comments:

Post a Comment