Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Delay


Merhaba Aile ve Arkadaşlar, (Turkish)                             5/30/12
Sorry about the delay... We've been swamped with stuff, and sorry to all those that haven't got any emails from me lately too. The computer I'm using is very old and for some reason it doesn't pick up the email addresses, but now I found a way around it so hopefully it will get to the right people.  If so, let me know and if not.... well still let me know, cool?  So yeah, I've been totally swamped with stuff.  Well, let’s just check the news, shall we?
Welcome to “Roseville Weekly”. Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”, where we travel with the Missionaries in the field and see how they're bringing others closer to Christ.
(BYU Weekly theme)
What a busy week it has been here in Roseville California. It’s been so busy that we have to cover half of another week just to share it. Let’s head to the weekly run down.
Tuesday - This day we were on a long visiting spree. We were going around visiting “Potentials” to see if they are willing to let us teach, and good ole Elder Mansell can really get people talking. We picked up a new investigator through that. Her name is Joy; she's an older lady about in her 70's or so. She met with missionaries before then she just stopped meeting with them.  We have no record of her, so it must have been a long time ago. The way we found her was a referral from members.  As you know Dad, and all the other RMs know, that member referrals are more effective than Tracting. I believe that the ratio is that 1 out of 1000 doors knocked on you get one baptism.  Guess what the ratio for member referrals are? 1 out of 10 referrals get baptized.  We were lucky to get a referral.
Wednesday – Exchanges were today. I was on exchanges with Elder Rasmussen, who, by the way, is from West Jordan Utah.  Sadly though he went to Copper Hills.  No Dad you wouldn't have known him. He went to a different Elementary school. We had a good time in his area. He's the district leader’s companion. We had nothing real planned just OYM-ing (Open Your Mouth: Talk to people on the Street) and Tracting. It was good to do a little bit of that again. There were not a lot of angry
people (thank goodness). but not much happened. Then later in the day we help some guy in the ward move.  Funny enough it was just the three of us.  Lucky enough I had my service clothes. So he said that we were just going to do a small load.  We ended up moving most of the stuff.  So, score one for the Elder’s Moving Crew.
          Thursday - More visiting this day.
          Friday - Same story this day.
          Saturday - Cloudy means it is going to raiaiaian.  We got a little rain and all that. It just came and went.  Now. I know you're wondering if I got my suit coats or not. I didn't, I won't be able to
get them until the 1st. We went this day running around trying to
find a suit coat, for a cheap price.  I tried TJ Maxx and guess what
happened? Nothing there, so I decide to ask Elder Rodgers, I mean Elder Mansell where to go look.  Guess where he said to look? He suggested the Good Will Thrift store.  There I found myself an okay suit coat, that fit me just fine. It’s a bit tight in the back, but I still look good. I definitely look skinnier lol.  I got that suit coat and wore it to church the next day.
          Sunday - Church.
          Monday - P-day, Crazy day!!! Shopping, basketball, YSA BBQ and pool party... wait what? Oh yeah we didn't have a dinner appointment so we joined the ZL for a YSA BBQ. It was a blast and no I did not go swimming, but I can't deny that I wanted to. And the place we usually do emails at closed at 6 so we didn't have time to email home.
Tuesday - Zone Conference was today. It was awesome and so spiritual. President Weston spoke on how to use the less effective way of “finding” and make it better. Also talked about how to use Mormon.org in our lessons. Which, by the way, I want all who read this letter to check it out. Especially look at the movies. They are very good.

          That's it for “Missionary Week”.... (BYU Weekly theme)

Oh man my knuckles are killing me, from typing so fast. I don't know how you do it Mom and Dad. Let's head to Q&A corner.

Q1.  Update us on your investigators.  How is each of them doing?  Hope you are feeling like your efforts in teaching are successful and appreciated.

A1. Update on investigators.  Well, Brian at first seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.  Later in the week we found out that him and the fellow-shipper we had for him had a falling out. At first they were good friends and then something happened and he was planning on suing his Fellow-shipper.  Now all is well. They are friends again and Brian wants to get baptized. Yeah. That's the only big thing. Now if I told you about everyone you wouldn't have gotten this email till tomorrow.  I'll stick to just one for now.

Q2.  We are wondering how you are getting by when your funds are low? We see that both your debit and Missionary account run pretty low by the end of each month.  How are you getting by?  Do you need us to transfer more funds into your debit account each month or make the transfer earlier in the month?  How can we help?

A2. I just try and live off what I have and wait till Allotment gets in. By the way, allotment increased to 140.00 a month now.  I'll have more now to spend. Nah, I think I'll be good for now I'll let you know if I need anything.

Q3.   Have you gotten your suit coats yet?  What did you decide about the shoes and garments?  Want me to purchase and send or just send you money to purchase yourself?  Are you in need of anything else?

A3. Nope, I won’t get my suit coats until the 1st of June. If you really know what I like, then I would like you to send it to me. I'm good either way. Not right now, but I will let you know if I need something.

Q4.   How are you and Elder Mansell getting along?  Have you learned what makes him tick and how you can make his day better?  Is he helping you feel good about yourself and motivating you to keep going?  What do you do for each other to make life just a little nicer? Remember laughter is good medicine and can make life so much better.

A4. We're getting along fine. He definitely likes to workout
A lot. Oh yeah, but lately we both have been oddly exhausted all the time. We just enjoy each other’s company.

Q5.  What was the best thing that happened this week?   What was the worst thing that happened this week?  What made you smile? What made you frustrated this week?  What important thing did you learn this week?

A5. The best thing would have to be Zone Conference and the worst would be still pumping my bike tire because I lost the cap for the valve. What made me smile was finally getting a suit coat. What was frustrating would be my bike. What important thing I learned was to love others.

Q6.  How are you feeling physically?  How are you feeling mentally? What have you eaten this week that you especially liked?  Did you cook anything this week for you and your companion?  What do you like to eat for breakfast?  What do you like for lunch?  Do you get invited to dinner often?

A6. Both mentally and physically exhausted as always. The Wrap at Zone Conference with lettuce, pull-pork, cheese and rice with the special white sauce was something I enjoyed eating. Nope, I really don't have much to cook. Lately, I've been making or I guess
Heating up some sausage, egg and cheese crescent rolls. I usually make myself a wrap with chicken, lettuce and cheese, with a salad on the side. Dinner, yeah we usually miss one day or so.

I wish I were with you guys for that Star Wars marathon. No fair. Lol  JK  Yeah, I got my retainer and it was painful at first but now it’s better and I am planning on sending snail mail. I sent one to Martin and Lydia. Hopefully I'll get one back. You will have to ask all the people that sent me letters where they sent them because in the past few weeks I got one from the Ropers, the Andersons, the Wards, and the Hansen's but nobody else, yet.  I'll keep an eye out. Well my knuckles really hurt now. lol  Hope you like the email. Hope you're also having a great day.
          Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Baik Undang, Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, kwaheri, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a.  Until next time, this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment