Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Happy 20th Birthday


(Nín hǎo jiārén hé péngyǒu) (Chinese Traditional)(This was in Chinese characters in Nathan’s original email).
     This time I have a very hardworking companion.  My last two companions were both good companions and I enjoyed working with them, but my new companion is a real go-getter. He pushes and works very hard. His name is Elder Michael Mansell, we both came out the
same time, but we didn't know each other before, but now we do. Before I get ahead of myself lets head to “Missionary weekly”...

(I would center it but the Internet I’m using is an older version of word, so I don't have any of the cool editing stuff)

“Missionary Weekly”
  Welcome to missionary week where we check out the workers in the vineyard... Today.... Transfers the time when a missionary moves on to a new area. We are following Elder Morris to Roseville, California. Where he will meet his new Companion. This and more will be on “Missionary weekly”.

05/07/12 – This was the day I said goodbye to the members of Nevada City and started my journey to Roseville third ward. I left the city around 10:00 or
10:30 am. I had Brother Russ take me to Roseville. We got there around 11:15 PT and there I realized I left my suit coats at the Apartment. DOH!!

05/08/12 – Wednesday, was the day we worked our hardest. We went out and visited a few people and got so much done. I still have a bit of trouble finding my way around.

05/09/12 – Today, we did the same thing. It feels so good to continue a routine of hard work. lol Oh and I forgot to mention that I'm on a bike again, so my butt's been sore for the past few days.

05/10/12 – Oh, wait, my bad I got the dates messed up. Oh well this day was also a lot of hard work. We went and did more visiting. I don't have any names for you yet. (I'm doing this short because I'm on a time limit here on the computer cause we're doing our E-mails at
the complex near us.)

05/12/12 - HaPpY BiRtHdAy to me!!!!! I'm now 20, two Decades old. Oh My Gosh I'm Old!!!! For more information about the big day, go to Q&A corner.

05/13/12 - Mother's Day!!! Yeah, I saw my family on Skype, and that was fun. I love you guys a lot and miss you too.

 I wish I could write more but I'm not mighty in typing (Mormon and Moroni). I wish I were mighty at typing. Now let's head to Q&A corner!!!!

Q1. It's hard to talk about the ward and your companion when they are in the room. So what do you think about your companion? Tell us a little about him. Are Elder Mansell’s family active members of the Church and does he get support from home? Do you think you will make a good team?

A1. Not really, I told you everything. The ward is great and so is my comp. He is from Sandy, Utah. He's a workout-aholic, which means he likes to workout. He loves talking to people about the gospel. He does have a short temper, but over all he's cool. Yes, he's definitely getting support from home. His parents are divorced and both re-married. Oh yeah, we'll definitely be a good team.

Q2. What is your ward (Roseville 3rd) like? Is it an older ward or lots of teens and children? What is your Church building like? Do you like your Ward Mission leader?

A2. It's an older Ward. The Church building, it's old too. Oh yeah he's awesome. He is 26 years old and still with that missionary fire burning inside. lol

(Pause)

Sorry, about this I was in a rush yesterday, so I had to stop. Anyway, lets get back to Q&A Corner!!!!

Q3.   What is your apartment like?  Send some pictures when you get your camera cord back.  Is your community nice?  Does it have sidewalks and nicely groomed streets?  Is it easy and safe to ride your bike in the community?  I hope you get your bike fixed so it is comfortable to ride and you can get around well.

A3. Clean and a perfect size for two Elders. Sure mom, I will get some pictures. Both the apartment and the City of Roseville are nice and groomed. Pretty much all of Roseville is very clean and nice. Yes, Mother lol it's a fun place to bike.... except the hills lol.

Q4. Is there anyone here at home that you are wondering about?  I am sure I haven't kept you updated on all your friends or the ward members.  Let me know whom you want me to check on and share information about.  What is news to you might not be news to me.  Help me know what to share with you.

A4. Ok lets see Martin, Lydia.... Oh, you’re talking about my friends. Lets see, Doug Oman, Andrew Groomsman, Jr Lapele, Steve Rowzee,(I'm still waiting for a letter from him).... lets see,... Anyone else you see
fit.

Q5. Did you like your Birthday gifts?  The shirt may seem too big, but it is 100% cotton, so I know it will shrink some when you wash it. That’s why it is a bit big to start with.  How were the shorts?  Have you had a chance to set up the GPS?  I sure hope it is helpful. We got the little case for it so it would be easier to carry with you on a bike.

A5. I LOVE my Birthday gifts Captain America all the way!!! The Shorts are awesome, and the GPS.... I haven't been able to use it yet because it only has a car Charger not a wall Charger. I'll try and charge it then next chance I get.

Q6. This is a repeat question but I love to hear the answers to it. What was the best thing that happened this week?  What was the worst thing that happened this week?  What made you laugh?  What brought a smile? What made you say a quick, quiet prayer?

A6.  Ok let’s see, the best thing would be getting 9 other lessons in a week. The Worst would be getting in
a bash fest on my Birthday, but ya know it happens. Realizing that I left my suit coats in Nevada City made me laugh. What made me smile? Cake surprise definitely made me smile. What made me say a quick, quiet prayer was when I was being bashed with. Ok, that's it for my E-mail for this week. Next week it might be shorter. Oh, and Mom I was hope you could send me my retainer.
Please.... I'll deal with the pain don't worry.
Hey I hear the band...safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Baik Undang, Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, kwaheri, sudie, Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time, this is Elder Morris in Nevada City singing out,
Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment