Monday, May 21, 2012

"Ubber Busy"


                                              5/21/12
Pozdrav obitelji i prijateljima (Croatian)
  
Man what a week this has been. It feels like forever since I emailed. I guess that's what happens when your ubber busy, right? Now of course I'm short on time so the email may be short and won't get out to everyone, so Mom can I ask you to forward this e-mail to every one that I missed on here? Thank you. Enough chitchat, lets head to Missionary Weekly: (Fanfare)
   Ok we're going to make this one a quick one, so let’s head to the 4-day past-cast.

  05/16/12 - District meeting on Tuesday and meet up with one of our lost investigators. We finally, met at the Starbucks next to the Church. Yeah, it was a little weird, you know Mormon missionaries in front of a
Starbucks. So the story with him is that he was all set for baptism before I came here. “A Golden” one as Elder Mansell puts it. He called them up and said that he got his answer. He said that the Lord is telling him that he shouldn't change religions yet. That's when we had trouble contacting him. We met him at Starbucks
and talked. We're still going to have the lessons with him and we'll see what will happen in the future.

  05/17/12 – We did the same thing lots and lots of missionary work. We mostly were visiting people and we actually did a little bit of tracting. After a long time of not tracting in Nevada City, it was actually nice to do a little bit.

  05/18/12  - Today we did lots of biking. Same old story, but we did have a few lessons with a few less actives. We tried to pick up some potential investigators. We did pick up one, later this afternoon. His name is Matt. He is a really cool guy. His wife is a member but is less active. He came to church a couple of times. We went by and talk to him and he was very interested in the things we believe. We have a dinner appointment with him on Thursday with a
lesson as well.

  05/19/12 - Saturday is a special day. It's a day for some homemade Tacos, at an old guy's home, which is awesome.  Ok, I can't do it to a song. Anyway, we had a lunch set up with a potential investigator (I know I
misspelled it a thousand times) and he made us some good homemade Tacos with everything. My tortilla couldn't hold it all. lol He's from Philli (Philadelphia). He is a fun energetic guy. He has soooo many stories about trips to Europe and other travels.

  05/20/12 - Sunday it's nice to have church at 1:00 pm. I can actually sleep in. jk, lol It was a good Sunday. No I didn't get my suit coats back yet.


Now lets hurry to Q&A corner!!!!!!

 Q1. Did you get your suit coats back? What about the camera cord? Did you forget anything else? How did you get those things back? Are you real far from Nevada City? Do the Elders there still have a car? Can they come to Roseville to bring your things back?

A1. Nope and nope. Not that I know of and they are planning to mail it to me. Yeah, they still have a car. No, they are not allowed to leave their area.

Q2. Are you teaching any new investigators? Are your studies helping you in lessons you teach? Was Elder Mansell in the same area last transfer? Does he have people he and his last companion were working with toward baptism?

A2. A few, they still don't want to have a full on lesson. A little bit, I'm still working on that. Yeah, this will be his 4th Transfer here and he'll most likely get transferred at the end of this week.

 Q3. I am sending your retainer in the mail tomorrow. Do you need anything else? Can I send anything that would simply make life easier and more comfortable? How are all your clothes? Socks, garments, white shirts,
Slacks etc. Do you need anything like that? How are your shoes holding up?

A3. Thanks, I'll sure be careful. Not that I know of right now, but I'll let you know soon. My cloths are fine. I might need more garment tops, regular neck not scoop neck. The Shoes are doing great... well, not my
Basketball shoes. They're getting torn up.

Q4. Is riding your bike getting easier? Did you get the gears fixed? Are the items we sent for your birthday helpful on your bike? Did you get any cards or other packages for your Birthday? Lots of people are asking if you got a card from them.

A4. Yeah, for sure the bike is getting easier. I kind of got it fixed. I have it in 2nd gear instead of 1st, so now I can go faster. Yeah the stuff really helps and I love the computer, it’s awesome. As for Birthday stuff I got a card from the Andersons and the present from Crissy, of some Yummy Asian candies and some nice pens. Oh, and I did get a Birthday email from Ben Curtis, that's it.

Q5. How is the P90X thing going? Or do you do something else with Elder Mansell? I am determined once school gets out to start riding my bike and walking every day. Are you taking vitamins? They would be more helpful than the protein drink, but that is my own opinion.

A5. I kind of stopped doing it for a while. We have a bench and a gym in the complex we live in. I'm doing the treadmill and weight lifting. No, I don't have any to take yet.

Q6. What was the best thing that happened this week? What was the worst thing that happened this week? What happened that made you feel touched by the spirit? Did you get an answer to a prayer this week that you could share with us?

A6. The best thing would have to be finding more people to teach. The worst would have to be having a flat tire. What touched my spirit? Nothing that I can remember other than feeling more at home when we went to Costa Vida, which is like Cafe Rio and meeting at least three other members there. The only thing that would make it better would be mountains. Yes, I prayed for patience with one of our less actives and it definitely helped.

      That's it for this email. Wow, it took me nearly an hour to compose this email. Anyway, thanks to all who are following me on here and thank you for the prayers, we need them. Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Baik Undang, Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in
peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, kwaheri, sudie, Tot ziens, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time, this is Elder Morris, in Roseville singing out,
Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment