Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Temple Visit, Short P-Day


હેલો કુટુંબ અને મિત્રો (Hēlō kuṭumba anē mitrō) (Gujarati)
     I apologize again for not emailing sooner. We have just been ubber busy. It will all be explained in today’s “Missionary Weekly”. I'm so glad you guys got my letters. I really hope you write soon (Martin and Lydia). Martin that's cool you're going to work for Dad too. Hopefully you'll be able to make a little dough.
My week has been pretty busy. Let's hit up “Missionary Weekly” and see what happened this week.
(Missionary/BYU weekly theme)
  Welcome back to Missionary Weekly where we check out God's army in the field. Today, we head to Roseville to see what’s heating up there, and one of life’s most precious times for all members of the church, all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.
May 29, 2012 - Zone Conference, a special time to receive revelation on how we can do better in building the Lord's Kingdom on Earth. Today the Mission President shared with us how to make tracting more
Effective. The more effective way is what Elder Mansell and I call "Prayer Tracting".  This is where we go out and ask people we meet if we can pray with them. So far Mansell and me have been too busy, oddly enough, to do any of that type of tracting. Eventually we'll get to it. We were also told to use Mormon.org in our lessons.
May 30, 2012 - We had a lesson with Joy this day. Our lesson went well and the member we had with us was great except, he took most of the time and went a tad to deep. Other than that, we perked her interest. I won't get into the lesson we taught today, that's for next week.
May 31, 2012 - This day was mostly filled with just visiting. Dinner was just crazy. We got there around 6:00 and somehow we got stuck there for 3 hours. The members we were with invited other members to come by and, oh man, we talked it up. I guess you could say we had a party. lol It wasn’t an actual party but we just got stuck talking all night.
June 1, 2012 - Man the summers get hotter and hotter. Today was the hottest day yet. It was SO humid that once we left the apartment we were already starting to sweat. We didn't do much tracting this day. We did go to the Temple today, my excuse for not e-mailing on Monday. We had nothing to do and so we decided to go to the temple with the 9th ward Elders. I found out that Elder Buhler was coming down as well to drop off my suit coats and other stuff and go to the Temple as well. So that's what we did. The sacrifice for it was that we had to cut our P-day a little short. Yeah, that's why we didn't e-mail on Monday.
June 2, 2012 - Same story as the other days. Hot, hot and hot
June 3, 2012 - Church went well. It was weird at first wearing the JC Penny suit coat you sent a while ago. It's now, HUGE on me but the Men's Warehouse suit coat works fine. lol

And that's all for this week’s “Missionary weekly”.

Oh man, I'm glad you save these Mom because I don't think I would ever type a novel like this again, after my mission. *Sigh* Ok, lets change the channel to Q&A Corner.
(Jeopardy theme)
Welcome to Q&A Corner.
Q1. How have the lessons been this week?  How is Brian? How is Joy? Tell us about more of your investigators. Have you had any success while tracting?  Do you talk to people you meet on your daily tasks, like shopping and things like that?

A1. They've been good that's all I can say. Brian we're trying to talk to him today to see what's up? Joy is doing well, too. She seems to be softening up a little as we visit her. I haven't been tracting much, most of the time we visit referrals.

Q2.  What is the weather like in Roseville?  Is it getting hot? Do you use the hydration system?  Is it too much to pack with you? Are you getting better at your bike?  Is your rear end less sore now?

A2. HOT!!!!!! Yes I do use the hydration system, thank you for it. Nah, It’s not too hard to carry because I managed to fix it to my other Backpack. Oh, my rear end was sore for the first two weeks, but now it’s better!!!

Q3.  How is the healthy life style coming along?  Did you get vitamins, are you drinking plenty of water, eating good food, and staying on a physical exercise routine?  How are you and Elder Mansell feeling emotionally and spiritually?  Stay strong in all areas of your life. We need you and so do all those people in Roseville who are waiting to hear the gospel.

A3. We I did what you said and got some chewable vitamin C and I've been doing some speed walking on the tread mill. I'm doing fine I could always do better though, right?

Q4.  What was the best thing that happened to you this week?  What was the worst thing that happened this week?  Who inspired or influenced you this week?  What was something you learned from your scripture reading this week?  What made you laugh out loud this week?

A4. The Best thing would be going to the temple and seeing one of the members from my last ward take out his endowments for the first time. President Weston inspired me because of the new tracting method. I learned in the scriptures that when the Prophet tells you to do something to do it or you’d be smitten with a lot of Plagues (Exodus 1-20). Nothing really made me laugh yet!!!! I had a few snickers here and there not anything too Humorous happened.

Q5.  What did you do just for yourself this week?  What did you do for Elder Mansell this week?  What is the best part of your daily routine or something that you just have to do each day?  What is your favorite song or singer this week?  Do you practice singing so you can keep that talent toned?

A5. I didn’t do anything for myself, really. I just get food to eat. I'm not sure what I did for Elder Mansell? I made some rice for the both of us. Sleep is the thing I just have to do, I guess. jk Umm, let's see actually studying and not falling asleep. My favorite music is “Come Thou Fount” by Jerico Road. I try to sing. I've kind of been singing while we're biking, to help with the breathing.

Q6.  Who would you like a letter from the most?  Who can I encourage to write to you or kick in the butt to get them emailing or writing to you?  I promise I will share your request and get you a letter from anyone who you want to hear from.  Many people ask about you and want to know what you are doing.  People are just so busy with life they don't take the time to write when they are thinking about you.

A6. Who? Let's try everyone! lol Starting with Doug, A.J., Steve Rowzee(Whose on a mission now), The Dransfields’ and just everyone please. I want mail, {Sad Face}. I just want to hear from everyone even if it’s just a paragraph.

It sounds interesting to be a writer or a columnist or something I don't know. I'm going to have to think about that. I've been trying to keep up with my sketches but I haven’t had time to do any. Someday soon I guess. Well that's all for emails today.  You know the tune...

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見(Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, kwaheri, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris, in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do dodo dodododo email!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment