Monday, June 11, 2012

10 Month Mark


नमस्कार परिवार और दोस्तों (Namaskāra parivāra aura dōstōṁ) (Hindi)
     Man, finally a relaxing P-day where I can take a little more time with my emails and actually make sense when I type. Ahhhhh... So yeah, this was a crazy fast week this week. Oh, just a little fun fact, the average number of miles I bike in a day is between 15 and 23 miles a day. Thought it would be a little fun fact to share.  Anyway, let’s head to “Missionary Weekly” and get that out of the way so I can actually answer some of your questions from Q&A corner.
(BYU Weekly theme (cut) Vocal Point style)
Welcome to Missionary Weekly where we follow God's Army in the field. Today we head back to Roseville, California and see how Elder Morris and Elder Mansell are doing preparing others to come unto Christ.
       06/05/12 - So like I said in the last email we had to take a half P-day because we went to the temple. I said in the last email that I would talk a little more about the people we're teaching. So, today we had a lesson with Joy. She is 79 years old, but really looks like she's in her mid 60's. She is originally from London England. Her husband past away a while ago. She lost two of her sons as well. A ward member, who lives across the street from her, referred us to her. We went over there and shared the restoration briefly and asked if she would like us to come by sometime and share more. She said yes and so we did. For our past two lessons we taught more about the restoration. Next time we are going to share the Plan of Salvation.
       06/06/12 - Finally I got my bike fixed. Kind of fixed. We went to the bike shop and they told me that the axle on my back tire was broken, so they had to replace the whole tire. It wasn't as expensive as I thought it would be. It was only 39.99. As for the gear shifter, I either have to replace it or... replace it. There is no fixing it. Also while I was there I got a bigger and better pump for my bike. It was only about 30.00. It was on sale, so I got it.
Then after lunch we went to visit a few potentials, which just turned into one visit. His name is Dwight. We visited him a couple of days ago and he just got home from the hospital that night and we gave him a blessing. Yeah, that guy from week two in Roseville. He's doing a lot better. He now has a cast on his leg because apparently his foot was broken as well. Other than that he's doing well. We shared with him about The Book of Mormon and committed him to read and pray about it. We set another appointment for the very next day. One of the most interesting things for me was that he wanted to say the prayer. In the prayer he said "Lord please help me to have an open mind and heart as I study this book and please bless these young men that they'll be safe as they travel, for they do have God with them." Ok that wasn't word for word but that's what he basically said. That's something that made me smile.
       06/07/12 - This was one of those days that we really bounced around just a lesson after a lesson. We had a lesson with this woman named Mara. Mara is one of those that you call an "Eternigator", meaning she's been meeting with the missionaries for a long time and has been making very little progress, but now I think it might be different. We'll see how that goes. The lesson of course didn't go as planned, but we did establish good fellowship with the member we brought with us. Basically we were talking about how the world is very wicked and how she recognized it. We then told her that she is feeling the spirit. Then after that we hurried to Dwight’s house. Once we pulled up, Mansell noticed a letter on the door. It was addressed to us saying, "To missionary friends - Sorry I forgot that I had a doctors appointment today, let's meet next Thursday." So on that "note" we decided to break for lunch.
       06/08/12 – Exchanges today. Elder Simons and I were in my area. Yeah, so I wasn't excited for this day, but as the Lord answers prayers I was at ease and calm. We planned out the day well. He had a meeting in the morning we had to go to. We went and left around noon with the ZLs and somehow (Wink wink) we ended up at a Mongolian BBQ place for lunch. It was good and all except, after we came home... Elder Simons wasn't feeling too good. We just crashed for the rest of the day.
       06/09/12 – Visiting, not much. Strangely enough that’s what happens most Saturdays.
       06/10/12 - 10 MONTH MARK!!!! HOORAH!!!! So yeah church was good. The talks were on “Being My Brother’s Keeper” and “Come What May and Love It”.
That's it for “Missionary Weekly”. Join us next time for “Transfer Week”, to see who will stay and who will go.
(BYU Weekly end theme)
  
Man I just love writing emails, don't you? Now lets hit up the 2nd best Game show around, “Q&A Corner”... (Vocal Point - "Game Day")

Q1.  What was the best part of your week? What was the worst part of your week? What made you stop and think? What made you feel good about yourself? What made you laugh out loud?

A1.  The Best part would be the lesson with Dwight. The worst would probably be the wind we had on Saturday. It was so bad that a couple of trees split in half and a bunch of debris flew in our faces. Yesterday night bugs kept flying in my face as I was biking. Look up D&C 128 and apply it to my journal writing and the power of sealing. What made me feel good about myself was that now I can do the finger snap thing. I can do the finger snapping trick and that made me laugh out loud!

Q2.  How are all your investigators? Any surprise visits to church this past Sunday? Did anything really great happen during a lesson? What was the talk about in Sacrament Meeting? (I’m just checking to see if you are staying awake in church)

A2. *For more info on this answer please go to “Missionary weekly”.

Q3.  Did you get your bike fixed? Did you get your camera cord back? Have you taken any new pictures lately? How do you like your new apartment? What did you do last P-day and what are the plans for today?

A3.  Yes. Yes. Yes and Yes... Wait... Oh I love our apartment. Today we went shopping... Did weekly planning... not much today, just relaxing.

Q4.  Did you learn anything new about Elder Mansell?  Did you learn anything new about you this week? Did you get any letters from friends or family this week? Do you know your neighbors? Tell us about someone in your ward and someone in your apartment complex.

A4. (Mansell) I learned that sometimes it good to be bold with some people. Prayer is a very valuable tool in life. Nope, I got no mail... at all. Are people who send the letters to the mission home putting "Elder Nathaniel Morris" or "Elder Morris"? I probably won't get any if it's addressed to Elder Morris because there are two of us out here until October. Well, I don’t know a lot about our neighbors. There is a nice older lady, who lives below us. There is a young female college student, who lives next door to us. Nobody lives across from us. Let's see there is an awesome guy named Brother Meeks who loves deep doctrine and likes to share the scriptures and knowledge with us a lot. Compared to all the deep doctrine people I’ve met he is different from all of them. He definitely has a strong spirit with him, even though he does have some faults. He is an awesome guy. I keep telling him that he should take classes at seminary and institute. lol.

Q5.  Did you eat anything new this week? Did you see anything wild and interesting this week? Are you getting sleep, exercise, and do something fun or find time to draw?  Do you want me to send you basketball shoes? Is size 9 the right size? I will put them in the mail ASAP if you want me to.

A5.  Just the Mongolian BBQ was sort of new. The wind taking out trees was wild. Sleep? Yeah. Exercise? Yeah. Something fun? Yeah. Drawing? No. I will probably draw some today, though. lol. Yes, please and yes size 9.

Q6.  Is there something fun you would like? Is the routine getting easier? What have you learned in your studies this week? Did anyone inspire you this week? Please know you inspire me everyday.

A6.  A BYU lanyard would be cool and just some, oh I don't know, some letters, random pictures and all that jazz. Yeah, it’s getting easier. I'm in the Isaiah chapters now, in the Book of Mormon, There’s not much I
can say about that, now. No one in particular inspires me, but just everyone. Mostly Brother Meeks and Elder Mansell.

That's it for Q&A Corner (Da da da da da)
(Sports Center ESPN)
     Man, emails, I hate it but I love it. They are so much easier than writing letters. Lol. Well, I hope that's all I need to write so we'll go on and pull the parade in.

       Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci! zbogom, अलविदा (Alavidā), kwaheri, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a. Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do dodo dodododo email!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment