Monday, June 18, 2012

DLB - (District Leader Buddy)


Helo deulu a ffrindiau (Welsh)

 Oh boy what a week, it was like a whole rollercoaster!!! Oh, before I forget Happy Father's Day (Bigger Font) to all you fathers, grandfathers, Great - Grandfathers, soon to be fathers, husbands, guardians, and so on and so forth....
     When Dad got my card did he look up the scriptures I put on there? Especially the one, 2 Kings 2:23-24? Lol I thought that one was perfect for him as well as the other ones. Poor Arthur though, thank goodness he's doing better. I always worry for him, but I know the
Lord will bless you guys while I'm away, right? And it's a good thing that we have nurses in the ward as well, right?
     Not fair I want to see “Sherlock Holmes”... mostly the new one. lol Hey, dad and me are now the same waist size. lol I check the scale today and before I came here to Roseville, I weighed 213 lbs. NOW I weigh 201 lbs. BOO YA BIKING RULES!!!!! Ok enough Talking with the fam, jk Let’s hit “MISSIONARY WEEKLY”!!!!! ...ZzzZzzzZZ... (ESPN)... zzZZzzzZ... (Doctor Who)... ZZZzzZzzz... (D-Grayman)... ZZZzzzZZZ... (Red vs. Blue)
WAIT...  ok I saw this one before, (Missionary Weekly)
Welcome “Missionary Weekly”, where we see the Lord's harvest in action. Today we see how certain medication help an upset stomach and we see how misunderstandings, along with good research can uncover false doctrine.... all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.

06/12/12 - A day without planning is not a good day, so we went out and had our last District Meeting, which was Awesome (I'll send pictures soon). Afterwards the whole district went out to Coasta Vida for lunch (which is like Cafe Rio only not as good), then Mansell and I went to have our lesson with Joy. It went well. Sadly though, we didn't have a member with us, which could have helped us, at least with fellowshipping. Mostly in our lesson we just solved or answered her concerns and such. For the rest of the day all of our other lessons canceled. We went visiting until we ran out of people to visit. We spent most of the evening just biking around aimlessly trying to “OYM” people, but no success. Well at least finding, if you compare it to “Preach My Gospel” we were successful. "Your "Success" as a missionary is measured primarily by "your commitment" to find, teach, baptize, and confirm people and to help them become faithful members of the Church who enjoy the presence of the Holy Ghost." - PMG pg 10.

06/13/12 – Okay, I can't remember much of most of these days because I don't have my planner with me now, so I'm just going to wing it… or type it, I guess. We had a lesson with Chuck. Chuck is frustrating, that’s for sure. I see what you mean, Dad when you said, that the hardest part of your mission was dealing with people who don’t keep commitments. He doesn't keep any of the commitments we give him and he is just a, what he calls, "A doubting Thomas". Basically he needs proof of all things. He believes the bible basically only because science proves it. So we told him that since things aren't working out we might have to drop him. He said to send the missionaries in September. That's the plan now.

      06/14/12 - Thursday we had a whole bunch of lessons set up and they all fell through, sadly.

      06/15/12 – It was “Crazy Exchange” day. Today we had a third exchange with the district leader. It was because Elder Mansell was invited to leadership training with Elder Simons. We had exchanges and I was with Elder Rasmussen again, in his area. It was a good day. Hot.... well it was in the 100's this whole week, but now it's cooling down.

      06/16/12 – It was the same thing as most days. It was hot today. Oh, I forgot to mention... during this whole week Elder Mansell wasn't feeling well. We spent most of the day inside this week.

      06/17/12 - Transfer Calls!!!!! Elder Mansell and Elder Morris you’re both staying. Ok, that’s what I wish they had said. Mansell is going to Orland in the Chico Zone, to serve as a District Leader. I'm staying here to be DLB, (District Leader Buddy). Our new district leader is going to be here. I will get to go on constant exchanges. Yeah!  My new companion is great though. He was a Zone leader in Rocklin before and now he is a District leader. Now, this place is going to bloom with crazy stuff!! His Name is Elder Leonne.

      That's it for “Missionary Weekly”(BYU Weekly ending theme) "We're halfway there already. The party's almost over what a bummer" P90X … Oh, and President banned the P90x DVDs. No more P90X. So, let’s hit up the Q&A corner now and see what we have.

Q1.  Last time I will bug you about your bike.  Did Brother Tidwell talk to you about your bike?  He was going to also check out your warranty to see if it would cover the new gears?  He says you are comfortable with your bike situation.  He says you are doing well all the way around. I hope so. Let us know if we can help in anyway at all?

A1. No, he didn't yet, but yeah I am more comfortable with my bike now. Like I said before, I was able to shift my gears to a higher setting so now I'm not having too much trouble with it.

Q2.  Did you get your shoes? Lydia has something to send to you and so does Martin. I was hoping that would encourage them to get a letter written.  I still have high hopes. LOL

A2. Yes, I did and I love them!! They are so nice and fit fine!!

Q3.I am anxious to hear about transfers.  Will Elder Mansell get transferred?  Do you think you will be the senior companion?  I am assuming you will stay.  Do you want to stay where you are?  I found some great pictures on google of Roseville, California.  I used one on your facebook page.  It is a fountain with palm trees.  Do you see lots of palm trees where you live?

A3. Mansell got transferred (see Sunday for more info) No, I'm not and I'm still JC. Yeah, I see a few Palm trees here and there. Do you want me to send some pictures of them?

Q4.  What was the best thing that happened this week?  What was the worst thing that happened this week? What made you laugh this week? What made you bite your tongue?  What nice thing did you do for Elder Mansell this week? Who did something surprising for you this week?

A4. The Best thing would be the time I spent with Elder Rasmussen. Don't get me wrong. I love Mansell; he's a great companion. Rasmussen is just a fun guy to hang out with. The Worst? Can I add this to the one with
"What made me bite my tongue?" as well. We just ran into a lot of people that are just frustrating. People who just basically say, “You guys are wrong, but I want to save you”. The whole thing about original sin and faith is all you need. Just AHHHHH!!! It's frustrating. Nice thing I did for Mansell, I started to do a better job at keeping the house clean, does that count? In Church on Sunday, the bishop announced that the YW had a treat for all the fathers. He said, “All that are 18 and older stand”... yeah, 18 and older. I was a little hesitant at first because, well you know, I'm not a father or a husband, but they encouraged us to stand. Yeah!

Q5.  How did your lesson with Joy go this week?  How are all your investigators doing?  Do you teach any inactive families?  What was something new you learned while teaching a lesson?

A5. It went well. They're doing well. Well Matt and his family are a part member family. The wife is a member and so hopefully we can reactivate her and get the rest of the family baptized.

Q6.  What was something fun you did this week?  What is the best part of P-day for you?  Have you heard any new songs or music that really inspired you this week?  Can we send you any new music or books?  I have read a few good articles in the New Era and The Ensign. Should I send copies to you?

A6. Elder Rasmussen and me discussed an idea him and his friend had for a video game. I have to say that was fun. The best part of P-day would be emailing you guys. Have I heard any new music, yes. Have I heard inspiring music, no. Yes, please. I'm still waiting for that new Daniel Beck CD you said you were going to send to me. lol Sure you can send copies of the articles in the New Era. I'll love that.

Q7. Do you need any addresses or email addresses?  I am sure I can find whatever you might need?  Did you hear from Doug Oman yet? He said he was going to write you.

A7. Oohh, a bonus question, my lucky day!!!! Not really, at least not that I know of. I'll let you know. Doug? Not yet I'm hoping though. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

      Knuckles aching, thank goodness, oh to answer your question mom about the finger-snapping trick, you put your middle finger and your thumb together and you relax your pointer and you shake it up and down. It makes a snapping sound. It took me four days to get it down, but be careful it can mess up your hand. We visited a chiropractor today for Mansell to get re-adjusted and me too. lol, We've been doing this since I got here and he fixed my ankles. Well made them better and gave me some in-soles for my shoes to help me and did the usual stuff. I feel so much better, and he does it free of charge except for the in-soles. I'm planning on paying that today or next week. Oh, and once you get the finger snapping thing its hard to stop. lol Trying to think of the other questions you have, (pause) Ok,
I can't think of anymore. Well, its that time of day. Sing it people!!!!!!
   Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci! zbogom, अलविदा (Alavidā), Hwyl fawr, kwaheri, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a.
Until next time this is Elder Morris in Roseville singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do dodo dodododo email!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment