Monday, January 23, 2012

"The rain came down and the floods came up"


Dear Family, and Friends
    This week was, well a little good except my companion, (Elder Brooks) was sick for most of the week. It’s probably from all that eating out. Before I get ahead of myself, let's go to the Q&A corner.
    
  1. (For Martin) How do I like my roommates/companions? Are any of them good as Martin?
    A. How should I know? Elder Brooks is a good comp. He is trying his best. As for Elder Knight he is a good guy, as well. He is a little quiet, and very funny at times. *Elder Evan Morris, I think he could be a lost brother/cousin. He is from Draper, Utah. Not far from you guys. As for great with video games, I would have to say Elder Evan Morris is probably great, but I haven't seen him play, and probably never will.
   2. Have you given a talk yet?
   A. Nope, and don't jinx it, Ok. I gave enough talks in Chico to last me my whole mission. Oh crap, I jinxed myself! (*Sad face*)
   3.  Did you get the package with the WJ blanket? Did the sweats or athletic pants fit ok? Is there anything else you need?
    A. Yes I got the package and thank you very much. I love it.  It really gives me a feeling of home, but not the homesick kind. The pants and the jacket fit fine I'm actually wearing them right now, because it’s raining.   We are having “BIG TIME RAIN” today.   Funny story about the rain, but I will get to that later. As for what I need just more letters. Lol. Write letters about the world where you are.  I hear from some members that you guys might have gotten snow, is that true?
    4. Elder Knight is from Utah, Elder Brooks from Tennessee and where is Elder Morris (other one) from? How do you all get along? What good things have you done for each of them this past week?
    A. *For my answer to the first part of the question go to the star in the first paragraph. We are getting along great.  One good thing we used the waffle maker.  We attempted to make breakfast, but it was an epic failure! The batter spilled on the sides and it didn't cook right. (*Sad face again*)
    5. Dad wants to know if you are being obedient and following ALL the mission rules? I know you are and I am sure you feel the rewards of that in your daily life.
    A.  As for the rules, I'm trying my best to follow them. Its been hard. I really need be firm and put my foot down. That is hard for me.
     6.  Leslie wanted to know if you are finding fun and are relaxing a little as well?  Sometimes missionaries need to loosen up and find the fun in the work.
      A. Yeah I'm definitely finding fun. I think too much fun at times.

   Ok time for BYU weekly... wait, I mean Missionary Weekly.
 The top news story, “Apartment pool?” On Friday night I was relaxing on the couch thinking what to do. It was 21:30, only an hour till I have to go to bed. We were done with planning. So I decided to relax a bit with my nice warm and cozy WJ blanket. While I was pondering, I decided to open the door to listen to the rain. As I was opening the door I saw that “the rain came down and the floods came up.” You can probably guess that I was very flummoxed about this.  I got everyone else. We saw that the water outside had risen.  We decided to call maintenance, but at this point it was about 22:15ish and I guess he was asleep. We tried to fix the drain because it was clogged big time. Finally, we got a broom and used it to fix the drain. Well it work a little, so we decided that we would deal with it tomorrow. We saw that the water was coming into the apartment so we grabbed some towels and an old shirt that was left behind by some missionary awhile back. (No one wanted it so we used it to block the water).  Luckily, the next morning, the water went down and we were saved. Halleluiah!!!!!! Now its back.......... we'll see what will happen!!!! Oh and p.s. I don't think I sent a picture of Elder Evan Morris because I don't have one of him. I will get one. So I guess that's life here in Nevada City. I guess that’s it.   Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face. Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene’, Alsons y.  Until next time this is Elder Morris in Nevada City signing off.  Peace on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment