Monday, January 16, 2012

Elder Morris with Elder Morris??


Dear Family and Friends,
  I hope you all are having a good time cause I know I did this week. It was a little long, but ended great.
  First, this week was Exchanges (Tuesday) with the District Leader.  If you got my e-mail last time, you would laugh. The District leader's name is Elder Morris, as well. We had a good time in his area on Tuesday. It was funny seeing people’s reactions when they see us together. It was fun.
  On Wednesday, we had a district meeting, district lunch that's it.....Oh, and a dinner too.
  On the next day (Thursday), we went out to visit one of our investigators Chris. He wasn't home (sad face) and as we were walking away and a guy called out to us. He said, What’s the message from the Lord today?” For a little bit I thought he was drunk or high or whatever term you can think of.  We shared a message with him and we gave him a Book of Mormon. We challenged him to read it and while we were talking to him he seemed a little more there than I thought. Who knows we might run into him again and teach him more.
  Friday we finally did some weekly planning, well we always did before but we didn't have anyone to work with last time. We only had three people to plan for, so it was quick. This planning session was also short, but we really focused on the people we are now teaching.
  Saturday was a special day. It was a day for a baptism. You fill the font, you say a pray, and feel the holy spirit.  Saturday, I went back to where I was born (trained) and attended a baptism of one of my investigators in Chico. Her name is Corina and she is awesome.  The Baptism went great. My old Companion Elder Kuhlenhoelter and I, were the witnesses. Brother Sorenson Baptized her (Pictures will soon be sent). Then on the way back we discovered a Sonic!" IT'S HAPPY HOUR!!!" I got myself an orange cream slushy. I tried to get my usual (Fanta Orange slush) but they didn't understand, I guess.  It was still way good, mmmmmmm.  Then once we got back home we went to visit Chris. When we did, we met his Girlfriend Stephanie. She seems nice.  She has met with missionaries before, but her brother got in the way before. We'll see what happens now.  They both came to church on Sunday. That was cool too. Chris really got into the lesson in Gospel Doctrine Class. We were talking about Lehi's vision. At the beginning they started to list some of the visions in the Bible and Chris really knew a lot about Peter's vision of the unclean animals. I didn't know that much about that story, so that was cool.
  And now what all of you have been waiting for.  It's Q&A Corner!!!!
   Now we go to the first list of questions from Sister Morris (Mom).
    1. How have you served your Companion this week? Roommates?
      A. I don't know how to answer that we've been doing good together, working the best we can. We are helping Chris and the other people we're teaching. As for my roommates, I don't know either, but somehow at the end of each day we talk about our day and go on till about 11:00pm. Dad did you ever live in a four Elder apartment on your mission? If so, how did you deal with it?  How was it?
    2. Do you have any new investigators? How many lessons did you do this week?    
     A. Yep. Chris's girlfriend and two other referrals are new investigators.  I don't know. We don't total our lessons anymore, but definitely not a lot like in Chico.
    3. Do you ever do missionary open houses?
      A. We did one in Chico. It was good, but it could have been better.
   4. Do you get many letters?
      A. No. I only got yours, Mom.
   5. Cook?
      A. We usually go out to eat. There are a lot of restaurants out here. There is a Mexican restaurant that a member owns called “Pacos Tacos” that feed the missionaries for FREE!!!! Yum!
   Well I guess that's it. I hope all is well with all of you.  I hope to hear from all of you guys soon, really.... come on.  I promise to write you all back.  Well, until next time,
 Safety and peace, God bless, and if you sneeze during this email, bless your face. Requesta de pace. This is Elder Morris in Nevada City, CA signing out!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment