Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Time


Hello Family and Friends,
   How was everyone’s Christmas week? Mine was awesome.  It was a little hard cause we found out that on Christmas we could Skype our family.  I was a little upset because my family has "Dino Dial-up" and Skype does not work on Dial-up.  Thanks to the members of both Chico 5th ward and Plum Creek ward I was able to skype. It was AWESOME!!!!! When I saw their faces I was full of happiness. I wanted to talk to all of them. I mostly talked to my brother Martin and that was awesome.  I do wish I spoke with the rest of my family more; there is so much to talk about. I love them all so much. When I went back to the apartment and reflected on the day, I really wished I had more time to speak to them. :(  I have three more times to skype.  I get to email still and write letters, but just like Nephi " I'm not mighty like unto writing, like I am unto speaking." As for this week we did a lot of teaching.  I was a little "trunky", meaning I didn't want to do much because of Christmas.  I wish I hadn’t been, but now that Christmas has come and past (one more to go) now its time to be focused on helping others to come unto Christ. We have, I mean had, 6 people with baptismal dates. Now that’s down to 4.  Some of our investigators are having trouble with smoking. We are at WAR against SMOKING. Two of us against 24 Cancer sticks, Agency and Temptation.  It seems a little unfair... for the cigs, HOORAH!!!!
    And now for Q&A Corner, ------ sorry I have been informed that there are no new questions.  We'll go straight to spiritual moment.... on Dec. 21 we went to visit one of our potential investigators. We sat with him and talked about the restoration.  He said, "You know that makes sense. You know I go to this one church and when I see someone from the church somewhere I try to talk to him or her, but they don't talk to me at all.  The only time they talk to me is on Sunday, in front of the pastor.  It doesn't seem right for them not to talk to me on any other day and only in church in front of the Pastor. I would like to talk to a brother outside of church."  We felt the impression to commit him to baptism and he said yes!!!  So, that’s how we now have 4 with a baptismal date. The other three are people we were working with before.  I just wanted to share that story.  With God all things make sense.
   That was my week. I hope all is well with you and I hope to hear from you guys soon.  I hope this E-mail gets to all of you. I'm sending this to a lot of people and I don't know if it gets to you guys or not.  Without further ado, Safety and Peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this E-mail bless your face.  Peace "On”, Alonsy, Molto Bene’, Najon, Requesta in Pace, and keep your stick on the Ice. This is Elder Morris from the California Roseville mission, in the Chico 5th area signing off!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment