Monday, December 12, 2011

Weirdest Lesson Yet!


Dear Familia and amigos,
   I am doing well. Sorry about not writing to you thru snail mail,. We've been overly busy recently, taught a lot of people and lots and lots of work in general.  I promise I will send all of you a letter real soon, along with Christmas cards (which were cheap to make Mom). This was one of the weirdest weeks ever.
   We did lots of finding (Sorry for not putting a lot of details).  We meet with so many people that it’s just crazy.  Elder K (Kulhenhoelter) had to go down to Citrus Heights for a conference and I had to stay here in my area. Luckily one of the Spanish Elders had to go too, so Elder Delgado (the other Spanish Elder) and I were companions for a day. It was nice since we mostly worked in my area (the Chico Spanish Elders cover the whole Chico Zone so really we were working in both areas). Sadly most of our lessons dropped.... oh well. We had two really good lessons with a few less actives. Then we had the weirdest lesson on Saturday. The Friday before we met this woman.  Her name is Gail (61yrs.). We met her on the streets and she said she was having a hard time. Her husband left her after 23 yrs, so she was trying to find peace.  Of course this is a perfect opportunity for Missionary work, so we made an appointment for the next day. We had our lesson with her at the church. During the lesson she kept dozing off and after we said the prayer she said she was going to throw up. We were franticly looking for something and I saw a trashcan and gave it to her.  Well you know.... oh man It was disgusting. Dad did you have any experiences like that?  I had to take the bag out and it was rank, bad.... yeah................................ But on the next day, Sunday we had a few of our other Investigators at church. Pedro and Stephanie brought a friend and right after church their friend said she wanted to be baptized.  I was like, "Are you serious?" I did not know what to think and she wanted to get baptized on the 31st with Pedro and Stephanie.  We have a lesson with all of them on Tuesday and we’ll see where that leads.  Well that was my week. Sorry about not writing a lot. There is a lot to talk about and it’s hard to put it all into words.
   SAFETY AND PEACE, GOD BLESS, AND IF YOU SNEEZE DURING THIS E-MAIL BLESS YOUR FACE. PEACE ON. THIS IS ELDER MORRIS IN CHICO, CA SIGNNING OFF.   
P.S.  I will be sending Christmas cards soon so look out for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment