Monday, October 8, 2012

Miracle Investigator


హలో కుటుంబ అండ్ ఫ్రెండ్స్ (Halō kuṭumba aṇḍ phreṇḍs) (Telugu)
         What an amazing week!!! It was awesome!!! Man, lets just head to “Missionary Weekly”, so I can tell you all about it. This one is going be a different kind of “Missionary Weekly”. Instead of day by day I'm just going to share the spiritual experiences through out the week.

Missionary Weekly
          Miracle Announcement!!!: So we have an Investigator her name is Marilyn. She was taught by Missionaries before, but dropped them because she felt a little overwhelmed. Elder Miller and Elder Pennock were very upset.  They prayed and fasted for her. On my first Sunday here, Sister F came to Church. I didn't know at first, because I was new. I thought she was a less active member coming back to church. Elder Miller told me that she was an investigator and she asked to take the lessons again. Now we come to this week. We had dinner with a member, who was a good friend with Sister F and was her Fellow-shipper. At dinner she asked the members there about their conversion stories. After hearing all the great stories, she announced that she resigned from the previous church, that she was going to.  She wanted to get baptized sooner. We had a date set for March, but now we have moved it to the 10th of November. That date is her birthday and my 15 month mark!!! This is so TIGHT!!!!

          Interviews: We also had Interviews with President Weston this week. It went well. I think Elder Miller is going to get transferred at the end of this Transfer, because President Weston asked us if I could take over the area?  I said, “If it comes to that I will do my best.” Elder Miller was just up talking, saying yeah that I can do it. I sure hope so.

          General Conference: What?! They are moving the age for missionaries to 18 for men and 19 for women? Martin, you might go out right when I get home!!!! Wait, never mind you have to wait till after Graduation. What are your thoughts on it? How do you feel about it? I'm excited for you man!!! Now don't think you're obligated to do it right away. Go on your own time. Conference was amazing. I love the talks!!! I will share more information in Q&A Corner.

Q & A CORNER!!!

 Q1.   How is Elder Miller feeling?  Was it just a short-lived illness or did he have the flu?  Did you get sick from him?  I hope you are both feeling well now.

A1.  He's doing fine now. It was just a short time thing.  I did not get sick, thank goodness.

 Q2.   How did the week go?  Did you enjoy Conference?  What did you think about the change in age for missionaries?  Martin will be able to leave on his mission June 2014!  How about that?  What was your favorite talk?  Tell me what meant the most to you?

A2. It went well. *see missionary weekly for more info. Oh yeah, my favorite talk was... all of them!! I loved Elder Holland's talk the most, because the night before we were talking about that same exact story, no joke, really!! It was awesome.

 Q3.   What was the best part of this past week?  What was the biggest challenge or trial for you this past week?  What made you smile and laugh this past week?  What was most unique or strange about this past week?

A3.  Mom, you do know these are the hardest questions to answer, right? The Miracle of Sister F was the best part of this past week. Over all work was the challenge. It's hard to pick one thing that made me smile. Answer 2 above was the strange thing or unique part of this past week.

Q4.   How are your investigators doing?  How many lessons did you teach?  Do you and Elder Miller evenly share the lead when you teach?  Did you learn anything new or special this week during your lessons or visits?

A4. They are doing well. We taught 19 lessons. Yep, We share the lead in our lessons. I need to work on being more simple when I teach.

Q5.   Can you listen to books on tape?  Is that something you might like for Christmas? There are lots of inspirational stories or books that I might be able to get on CD.  One I thought about was "The Christmas Box" by Richard Paul Evans.  Is there anything special you think you would enjoy for Christmas?  I know it is only October, but you know me I like to plan ahead. lol

A5. Yeah, I can if they are mission library or the standard works, but I can listen to other church CDs as well. That one would be awesome. One CD, I  REALLY, REALLY WANT, is called, "It's Christmas time" by Eclipse. Awesome Christmas music!!! I will think of other stuff later. Now, Mom I have a question for you, WHY THE HECK IS THE MAIL SOOOOOOO SLOW? I didn't get the package till Saturday... thank you, by the way.

Q6.   Are you getting invited to dinner regularly?  Are the members in your ward helpful in "finding" new contacts?  Is there anyone in particular that you admire or like in your ward?  Do you get to participate in your ward often?

A6.  Yes we get invited to dinner most of the time. Yep, members are helpful in finding new contacts. The Rathburns are cool. Not sure how to answer that since things have been different at church lately because of conferences and stuff.

         Well, that's it for this email. I miss you all and love ya too.

                                    Elder Nathaniel Morris

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a.  Until next time this is Elder Morris in Paradise singing out, Peace on!!!! do do do do do do email.


Check it Out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment