Monday, November 7, 2011

"Suit Coat Season"


Dear Family and Friends,
       Things here are great, but first thing always first Q&A time:  1. What I bought at Ross were some nice ties.  I was trying to find another suit coat for suit coat season. We are now required to wear suit coats, as of Oct. 1st to April 1st.  It is not fun especially when it rains, unexpectedly.  2. Its getting a little cooler now, but not like Utah with all the snow.  3. Christmas? I'm not sure what I want.  I'll think about it.
      While I'm thinking, how about I share my week with you? Just say yes... oh wait I keep forgetting this is E-mail.... oh well.
   
    10/31/11- HALLOWEEN... this day was an all day P-day, it was good.  Me, Elder Arnett, Elder Garner, and Elder Scott (cool guy) went to Chico State campus and walked around a bit.  We went to the store; too bad I didn't have my money, maybe next time. We also traveled around Chico rocking out to some Disney Music.  The funny thing is that Elder Scott and Garner are both dying missionaries (Meaning they are going home soon.  Their two years are almost up.)  So we both (Elder Arnett and me) felt a little "Trunky" (meaning they're feeling eager or something) that day. We also had Dinner with Brother and Sister Atkin and brought two of our investigators with us, Pedro and Stephanie.  We had some nice soup and had a great lesson about overcoming addictions. We gave them a nice picture of Jesus to hang in their apartment.
    11/01/11 - Back to work.... this day was a down day, we had three lessons set up and two of them flaked on us (meaning they were not home or cancel). We tried to work hard on finding people today and stay busy. We visited Tony and talked a little bit about our day and his day. We introduced him to Mormon.org. 
     11/02/11 - On this day, we had a member with us. His name is Lauren Sorenson, who is by the way 93.  At one of our lessons we taught Jerry, and Brother Sorenson was awesome. It felt like we had an Apostle with us. He spoke quietly but with great boldness, like Thomas S. Monson. It was sooooooooooo awesome. Then we went by one of our potentials, who had a lesson with us the other day.  He was home and setup another appointment for the next day. Then we went by the Sorenson home again cause Sister Sorenson, Lauren's Daughter in-law, had a list of people for us to teach. That was so awesome.
     11/03/11 - Zone Exchanges today, and Oh man more dropped lessons AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Oh well, it was a slow day, but we still kept busy. We Tracted out a street. On the first door the Man said, “ I don't want to hear your Sh**.” We were like ok, and moved on. At the second to last door a Man answered he was nice man he works for Lifetouch Photos. He said he wasn't very interested but he wished us luck.  Then the last door was my favorite.  A young woman about 27ish, named Sophie, answered and said, "Hey Missionaries!” The first thought Me and Elder Thompson ( Zone Leader) thought "Oh No please don't be a member?"  She said she's from Salt Lake. 'We thought, “Oh no she's a member”, and in fact she wasn't a member. She grew up in Utah but then moved to Chico for work. She's a College Math teacher at Chico State and she said that her Boyfriend and some of his friends dressed up as Missionaries for Halloween. They all called each other Brother instead of Elder, except her Boyfriend.  She told him it was Elder. It is pretty cool hearing that people know about us.  I kind of felt famous, a bit. LOL
    11/04/11 - This day went fast It's hard to remember what happened. We had our Weekly Planning and had Dinner with Brian at Nobby's, mmmmmmmm, Chicken burger.  Then had a lesson with Andrew and talked about the importance of Church attendance. We also taught Floyd about overcoming our trials. We shared the story of Martin Harris and 116 Pages found in teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith.
    11/05/11 - We went to visit a few people and set up a few lessons. We TRIED to do some “finding” but it rained on us and I was wearing my suit coat, AHHHHHHHH. I need to find one, a good one somewhere.
    11/06/11 - Church was awesome.  I felt so pumped and ready for the day.  We had a great Gospel Principle class. We learned about Eternal Marriage.  It was awesome and made me really think about my future in life. Then we had a great lesson with Jerry. We talk about Alma 32 and this time we were bold with him, cause it feels like we're trying to teach him and he says he'll do it, but he doesn't. We started to be a little bolder with him and he liked it.  It was a good week.

   Okay I hope that is a good letter, I still don't know what I want except, an Alex Boye Christmas CD. That's all I can think of right now. Hope you all are having a good week. I am having a great time. I can't believe I've been gone for 3 months, on the 10th. HOLY COW!!!!
    Now for a message for Martin and Lydia, "Today is a special day Thanksgiving," "Awesome when do we eat?" "And since its a historical holiday we will celebrate the way we did before," "Ok when do we eat?" " Sadly some of the document of that were lost in history," " Fine now can we eat?" " But using the power of the internet, I was able to recount that amazing Holiday which for some reason were authored by 1st graders with drawings of their favorite thanksgiving food" " Severed Human hands dress to look like birds" "wait what?"
  I love you all and miss you very much. Safety and Peace, God bless, and if you sneeze during this E-mail bless your face, Requiesta in Pace, keep your stick on the Ice, this is Elder Morris signing out...

No comments:

Post a Comment