Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chico, CA



Hey,
     It's been so crazy here in Chico, things are moving fast... too fast and sometimes slow in between, so much has happen in this week.

    On Wedsnday, we started out visiting a few people, inviting them to the open house that we had, and then we went and taught Ella an 89 year old woman who is so sweet and kind but hard to teach cause we teach her one day and then she sort of forgets but we're not giving up on her. :) who knows maybe we're preparing her after this life.
   
    The next day we did exchanges with the Zone leaders, we mostly did tracting that day, in the morning we were biking back to the home (oh I tore my pant leg Elder Thompsons bike is evil lol), anyway there was a guy who was shoveling dirt and we went up to him and asked him if he needs help but before we finished our sentence he said " I don't want nothing to do with you guys and I think Christianity is a bunch of BS and you can shove it up your butt (only he didn't say butt)," "but we thought--," "Get out of here" so we went on our way and we discussed how could a person get like that and it's just crazy.  Then we did a little more tracting around some apartments where the college kids reside and it wasn't bad we had a lesson with one of them and it was great.

    The next few days we mostly did lessons and on Sunday we had an open house and out of all our investigators only one showed up, his name is Floyd Virgil we met him on friday and actually he called us and he wanted to know more so we taught him a little bit of the Restoration and he seemed so excited to learn and seeing him excited gets me excited, it was a great day.

I will write to you more later through letters and hope you all have a great time back at home,

I miss you all a lot.
 I found this great Scripture while studying and Thought I might share it with you , it's in D&C 121:7-9 this is where Joseph is in Liberty Jail and his faith is being shaken and the lord told him this,

   " My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."

 This scripture makes me think that what I'm going through he'll be there to help me.
   I hope you like it.

 Safety and Peace, God bless,
 Elder Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment