Monday, June 17, 2013

The Lord's Best


Hello Family and Friends,                                              6/17/13
         What a great day it is today, but I better first start with the things that happen this week. Lets head to “Missionary Weekly”!!!!

Missionary Weekly!!!!
Welcome to “Missionary Weekly”. Where we journey with a few of the Lord's Best!!! Today, we see how much fun it to be on exchanges in a cool area!!! Then we go to a meeting in Chico for the Leadership and Stake Conference. Read about the things that we learn. Read all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.

         So this “Missionary Weekly” is going be different. I'm just going to write some of the main things that happened. We had a Zone Meeting this week and it went very well. We talked more about planning more effectively and revelation thru Church attendance. I really liked it and really want to do better, especially with planning. I hope to use planning skills more when I get home. Afterwards we had a small meeting with the Dls, the ZLs and one of the exchange Sisters. We talked a lot on how to help our Districts and Zones to do better. I can't go into much detail, but it was very inspiring. 
After all our meetings we had exchanges with the Mount Shasta Elders. I went up to Mount Shasta with Elder Leydsmen, who is actually going home in a few days. That fact didn't help me. Lol It was a lot of fun being up in Mount Shasta, and actually that's what we're doing today. We are going to the McCloud Falls today. I'm very excited for it (Happy Face)!!! It's really cool to see Mount Shasta... IT’S HUGE!!!! It makes me miss the Utah Mountains even more every time I look at it... (Sad face, but yet still happy face).
         On Friday, I had a Leadership Meeting with all the District Leaders, Zone Leaders and Exchange Sisters in the north part of the Mission. We talked a lot about Baptismal Interviews and how to prepare for them. We also talked about how to handle certain situation that come up as well as working with the Less Actives.  Also doing better door approaches when contacting them. It was inspiring and very enjoyable. One thing I liked was that it was in Chico or in my "California Home ward" building. The Alamo building is what it's called. All that brought back many memories.
         Well that's it for “Missionary Weekly”.  Now for Q & A CORNER!!!!

 Q1.   Did you get more lessons taught this past week?  Was it a bit easier to tract this past week?  How are your investigators, especially your new investigator?  Did you find anyone new who is willing and eager to listen?

A1. Not really we've been busy with other things, but we have 4 referrals from the Zls, so we have progress coming. We had a recent convert move into the Ward a week ago.  She has two sons who are not members, so we are going to have things happening!!! It would have been an easier week, if our days weren't all mixed with out of the routine meetings. We do have a lot in the making.

 Q2.   Have you taken many pictures while in this new area?  Do you have pictures of Elder Henke and your other companions?  Have you taken a picture of your District all together?  How are the missionaries in your District?  Are you taking care of yourself as well?

A2. I’m trying to take pictures and I will today. Yes, I have a picture of him past out on the couch from exhaustion. We will be taking a group picture this next District Meeting. The missionaries in my district are doing awesome, aside from the two that are going home in a few days. lol. Yes Mother, I’m taking care of myself! lol.

  Q3.   Is there anything we can send you?  Did you have a favorite meal this past week or something you tried that was new to you?  Have you cooked a meal for you and your companion?  Do you buy fruit to eat in the summer?  You should try some watermelon or cantaloupe for lunch it would provide needed fluid and hydration.  I love summer foods.

A3. Just encouragement and prayers, that's all I really need. I would like another Quad, but I'm going to wait till the 2013 edition comes out to get one. Yes, so you know the Stirred Fried Raman I told you about, well Elder Henke made Stirred Fried Rice the past few days and so we decide to mix them and see what happens... it was pretty good. Yes, sometimes we get fruit, but not often.

Q4.   Dad was wondering if you have been to or seen anything new on your p-day adventures?  Have you tried any new activities with your district on p-days?  What do you personally like to do the most on p-days?  Do you ever just take a nap on p-days?  Do you just run out of energy some days and need to just relax?  

A4. Well, we're going to McCloud Falls today and that's something fun. On most p-days I like to just chill OR play some Scatter Ball OR Basketball OR Volleyball OR play Settler's of Catan OR Pok'emon. lol  Sorry, I couldn't help it, BUT I will not let it distract me. OK? Naps? Not usually. 

Q5.   I have June 25th as your next transfer day.  Do you think that Elder Henke will stay with you?  Do you think your District may grow in numbers because of all the new 18-year-old missionaries?  We have heard a bunch about that on the news.  They have opened up two BYU housing complexes as extensions of the MTC.  It is called Wyview MTC and they anticipate 85,000 missionaries by November.  Crazy, but good too!

A5. Yeah, I think we would stay together and here, most likely. Maybe... I don’t really know how the influx will affect our district.

 Q6.   Well, here is your favorite Q.  What made you feel the spirit the most this past week?  What was something you prayed fervently about?  What was your favorite journal entry this past week? (Trick question to see if you are writing in your journal?)  What made you belly laugh this past week?  What made you feel sad this past week?  Well, I know those Qs make you crazy, but I love to read the answers to these the most.  

A6. At Stake Conference I really felt the Spirit. I love Stake Conference it always lifts me up, especially since it was Father's Day. I thought about all the good times me and Dad had going to Priesthood, long drives, picking Arthur up from the after school thing, etc. Those thoughts made me think about the coming home part and that's where it went down hill. Lol I prayed fervently about how to help my District and how to be a good District Leader. Let's see, my favorite journal entry was just talking about how I want to make my last transfer the best ever. Um, nothing really specific made me laugh, I laugh at everything now.... I need professional help or I think I'll go insane.  I guess that was funny? I introduced “Liken the Scriptures” to Elder Henke and he loves them. lol  We were laughing all night at the Daniel in the Lions Den one. Appointments falling through made me sad and always do.  I know you like these answers, Mom. J lol.

         Well I haven't been able to write an email like this in a long time. Oh well, and for you new comers you can check out my other emails on my blog at  http://naterade-ninja512.blogspot.com/
         Have an awesome day,
                  Elder Morris
--
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Shasta Lake singing out, Peace on!!!!do do do do do do E-mail

http://mormon.org/me/5JFZ/NathanMorris Check it Out!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment