Monday, June 3, 2013

Death and the Plan of Salvation


Hello once again Family and Friends!!!            6/3/13

         This was a long, nice, busy, HOT week for us!!! We had two exchanges this week that went very well. I was in both areas and we were very busy visiting people.  I don't know if I told you, but one of our investigators passed away a few days ago.  I'm hoping that we can start teaching her husband. We stopped by this week before we ended exchanges with the Mt. Shasta Ward.  He was happy to see us and to have company over.  We talked to him about the Plan of Salvation, a little bit and we will be stopping by again really soon.  On Saturday I was in my area with one of the Zone Leaders, Elder McMurry. He’s a really fun guy. We soft committed one of our investigators for baptism.  Hopefully something can come of it.  It was super hot on Saturday, in the 100's. :P  Man, I have to endure so much heat it’s insane!!!! That's pretty much it for my week. Now for Q & A CORNER!!!!

Q1.   How has the weather been?  I have watched the temps on my computer and you are usually 10 degrees hotter than we are. Today, you were 97 degrees and we were 92 degrees so we are getting closer to each other all the time.  How are you doing on the bikes?  Did you get your car back?  How is the tracting going?

A1.  HOT!!!! No we did not get our car back and biking is fun when you are moving.... We haven't tracted much because it’s too hot!  It is 99 degrees at this moment.

Q2.   How many lessons this week?  Do you teach many less-actives?  We talked about that with our missionaries today in Church.  Do you have any new investigators?  Which do you feel is more challenging, in-active members or new investigators?

A2.  We taught 17 lessons... yes, we teach quite a few less-actives...  We don’t have a lot of investigators in our area, it is more laid back and people are set in their ways, but are still very nice. New investigators are more challenging to work with. 

Q3.   How was your Sabbath Day?  Did you learn something new or uplifting to help you as you teach or go about your daily work?   Did anyone express an especially motivational Testimony today?  Did you have an opportunity to bare your testimony today?  How do you feel your Testimony has changed during your mission?

A3. It was good. We taught the Youth Sunday school. A few great testimonies, but none I can recall off the top of my head. I wanted to bare my testimony, but did not.... (Sad Face) Oh yeah, my testimony has grown immensely.

Q4.   Crissy said she got a letter from you.  She was so happy about that.  Did you get any letters or cards from anyone this week?  I try to get Lydia and Martin to write you, especially Martin because he really misses you and could use a swift kick in the butt these days.  He is doing his Eagle Project this coming Saturday.  I will make him write you about it next week and let you know if we all survive it! lol ha ha ha....

A4. Yeah, I sent a letter to Crissy.  I also sent her an email.... Nope, I didn’t get any letters this week.  I would love to hear about the Eagle Scout Project.  Wish I were there to help.

Q5.   Lydia wants to know if you have had any special spiritual moments this past week?  Have you witnessed any miracles with the people you teach?  Our missionaries say that they witness miracles everyday as they speak to people on the street and teach people they find.  I think missionaries have a better perspective and ability to see what a miracle really is.

A5.  Special moment would have been the ‘Soft’ committing to baptism.  We feel the same about miracles...  just talking to random people is a miracle.

Q6.   Yes, you do have to answer the hardest questions, always. What was the best part of this past week?  What was the saddest part of the past week?  What was the most fun this past week? What was a learning moment this past week?  What made you feel true joy this past week?

A6. The best part of the week was exchanges and they do bring miracles... Ann passing away was the sad part of the week... EXCHANGES, were the fun part of the week... I learned you don't want to be shy when visiting people... Talking to people who want to change always brings me true joy!

         I guess that's it for this email.   
Love ya,
Elder Nathan Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment