Monday, January 28, 2013

Contacting "Formers"


שלום משפחה וחברים ( Hello Family and Friends),
          WHOA what a week!!! It’s good to get back into the habit of hard work and being more obedient. We had a successful week this week. There is so much to tell... I guess the only way that I can express the work is thru “Missionary Weekly”.  I said “MISSIONARY WEEKLY”!!!.... that's better. lol

 Missionary Weekly!!!!

Welcome to “Missionary Weekly” where we see the work of the Lord on earth today… President Interviews, what did President Weston have to say to the Elders in Paradise? Then... Contacting “Formers”, a great way to help with missionary work. Read all this and more on “Missionary Weekly”.

 01/22/13 - So this day was one of the sloooooow days of the week. We went out to contact a few of the older investigators and I mean that quite literally OLD investigators.  That made up most of our day.  Oh, I was also nervous for interviews the next day.

 01/23/13 - Interviews... they actually went very well!!! In the interviews, President Weston told me he wanted me to be District Leader and have that experience as well as training.  So, I'm kind of freaking out right now. Lol  I want to at least train before I come home, so hopefully that will happen!!! Then the rest of the day we did service.  We also had a lesson with Kyle.  We decided to start over with him and teach from the beginning.  It was a little rough at first, but it eventually smoothed out.  We also had a surprise lesson with Victoria later that night.  She asked us to answer questions on Homosexuality.  Why... why do we have to answer those types of questions?  Oh, well we did that and had a good rest of the night.

 01/24/13 – Today we contacted “Formers” as well as taught other investigators. We picked up Bob, the guy who said that he wouldn't get baptized unless Romney won.  He had a change of heart on that issue and so we started meeting with him again. We did have a lesson with a “Former” investigator, and we realized why he was a “Former”.  It’s because he asks really deep questions.  We are hoping that Brother Titus (the member that lets us skype from his home) can help him. He is a real scripture buff or deep doctrine kind of guy.  If that doesn't help then we will just have to drop him.  Later we had a lesson with an excommunicated member, who will be getting baptized on the 2nd of February.  He's been coming to church every Sunday for the past year and a half.  He is a really cool guy. 

 01/25/13 – We did “Former” investigator contacting all day. Yeah. We actually had a lot of success doing that. We picked up 2 new investigators.  One investigator is actually a part member family. The two daughters are not baptized, one is 17 and the other is 13. The mom is less active, but they are a great family.  We are going to teach them and bring them to Church.

 01/26/13 - Breakfast with the Montgomery’s, service aaaalllllll day long with lessons as well.  Whoo hoo!!!

 01/27/13Sunday, that one day, when a teacher makes you teach because they are sick… Yep we taught Gospel Principles on Sunday and we taught so well.  I shared that one story you shared with me Mom. It was the story of when I was little and you were driving while it was snowing and icy.  You were prompted to pull over and the car behind us spun out and just missed hitting us. I remember you telling me that story. Oh, we also both bore our testimonies during Sacrament. I was really inspired by one of our members that has a really tough time with big crowds... like, I mean BIG problems, so she gave me courage to go up there and share my testimony.  It felt great!

WHOA, what a long “Missionary weekly”. That's all for this week, join us next week when... we see how a former member rejoins the fold, as well as, how the work is moving on!!!!

          WELCOME TO THE BEST GAME SHOW ON EARTH... OR AT LEAST ON YOUR COMPUTER...THAT PROBABLY YOU DON"T EVEN CARE ABOUT
... IT"S .....Q & A CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Q1.   How is Victoria doing?  How are all your investigators?  How many lessons this week?  Are you feeling like the work is going well?

A1.  Victoria is doing very well.  She needs to get baptized DANG IT!!!! Why does she have to get married!!!!  Oh and I found out from her/her boyfriend that they are going to make a Jurassic Park 4.... pretty cool.  All of our investigators are doing okay, but could be better.  We taught 18 lessons this week. Oh yeah, it’s coming along BIG time.

 Q2.   Dad wanted to know where you got the books?  Especially the Joseph Smith book?  It has lots of highlighting and marking in it.  I will store your Christmas stockings with our others.  You could probably send lots of things home that you don't use daily.  I promise not to lose anything this time. 

A2.  Wait, Dad doesn't like the book I sent. jk  I got it from a member for FREEEEEEEEEE. I thought you might like it since I can't read it out here. lol You won’t lose it like my SD card? lol jk Dad I still love you a lot!!!!! I'll put hearts on here to prove it too!!!  

Q3.  Have you finished reading the Book of Mormon?  I am so not even close yet.  I know your challenge was ending in February sometime, right?  What message did you hear in Church today?

A3. Ha ha ha ha ha I haven’t finished it yet. I've fallen sooooo far behind that it's not even funny...well ok, it’s a little funny. Let’s see... the message I heard many times today is… the Church is true... pretty much that was the theme.  

Q4.   It's snowing tonight.  We are supposed to get lots of it.  We had an ice storm the other day, it was crazy.  The school parking lot was like a skating rink.  There were tons of wrecks and people falling and getting hurt.  Glad that is over.  How is the weather there?  Are you enjoying the warmer temps?  Have you had lots of rain?  We will have to go back to California after you get home to visit all the places you have served.

A4.  WHAT!!???!!? I WANT SNOW!!!! The weather is warm.  I kind of enjoy the warm weather, but not a whole lot of rain. 

Q5.  Was a prayer answered this past week?  What did you learn this past week?  What is something new you learned about Elder Himmer?  What is Elder Himmer's first name?  What can I send to you both that would make your day?

A5. Yes, our prayer for more investigators. I learned to never give up on people. We both know Nathan Densley. Nathan is Chris Himmer's cousin. Send us snow or... whatever is good. 

Q6.   Can you tell me something about this past week that might make us laugh or cry?  Share a journaling story, something that you would write about in your journal.

A6. Elder Himmer dancing to my CD would make you laugh. Ha ha ha ha, that was funny. It was sad, to have people tell us to go away.

Well that's all for now.  I love all of you. I'm sorry you had a bad headache Martin.  Get better bud. I love all you Elder Morris fans too!!!!

--
Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a, Until next time this is Elder Morris in Paradise singing out, Peace on!!!! Do do do do do do email

No comments:

Post a Comment