Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A "Best Two Years" Moment


Hey Family and Friends

 What a crazy week!!! We had an amazing “Spiritual” experience with our new investigator. It was like a "Best Two Years" moment. We committed her to Baptism on the first lesson. Oh, I also have a quick announcement; this transfer will be a 5-week transfer rather than the usual 6 weeks. It was amazing this week.  I better do the Q&A Corner.  

 Q1.  Are you transferring this week?  How about Elder Miller?  It seems you have been in Paradise quite awhile.  I posted a picture of you and Elder Spjute on my facebook page.  Wouldn't it be fun if you two became companions? 

A1. Nope I'm not getting transferred but Elder Miller is getting transferred. He is going to Nevada City, my old stomping grounds. He is going to love it. Yeah, either I will get transferred next time or I'll stay one more transfer here in Paradise.

Q2.   How was Church?  Did any of your investigators come to Church?  How many lessons this week?  Have you made any new contacts?  Are you getting referrals from your ward members?  I hope it has been a productive week.

A2. Church was great, Elder Miller was saying goodbye to everyone and in GD class we talked a little bit about the Plan of Salvation.

Q3.   Dad wanted to know if you have had opportunities to use Liken Movies in any of your discussions or your experience of being in a movie to help teach a lesson?  Would you like any of the Liken CDs?  Did you have a special teaching experience this past week?

A3. I haven’t really used or talked about the Liken Movies, but I did find a member that has a few of the Movies. I already have some Liken CDs; you sent them to me about a year ago.  The only special teaching experience was with Victoria, which was the “Best Two Years” moment I wrote about earlier. lol  I gave the “First Vision” lesson to her and the Spirit was so strong that Elder Miller was prompted to give her the “Baptismal Commitment”. She said yes.  So, we have another Baptism on the way.

Q4.   Do you know Craig T. Hall?  He lives in the Fontaine Claire Ward.  He got married this past Thursday.  I was just curious.  Did you get the package I sent and the letter?  Are you needing information or wanting news of anyone particular?  We are all fine and nothing really exciting to report.

A4. Yeah, Holy Cow everyone I know is now getting married, what the Heck? Yes, I got the package today.  I LOVE IT!  My new companion, Elder Himmer and I were listening to “Lead Kindly Light”, today.  The Play list CD is tight too!!! Thank you.

Q5.  How are you doing physically?  Is there a lot of flu going around there?  We have had a lot.  How are you doing financially?  I try to keep track of your debit account.  I also heard that your mission is changing banks so don't forget to withdraw your cash before they close the original accounts.  Be wise and thrifty with your money.  Let us know if we can help?

A5. I'm doing well, just trying to workout and stay fit.  We have had a little bit of the flu going around, but we are fine.  Elder Miller got me to try these Essential Oils and they really work.  One time I burned the back of my throat and Elder Miller gave me some lemon oils.  Within three days my throat was better!!! Things are going well here. I still have money on the gift card Elder Miller’s mom gave me, so I think I'll be fine, for a while at least.

Q6.   What was the best part of this past week?  What was the worst part of this past week?  What made you laugh this past week?  What did you learn this past week?  Are you writing in your journal?  If you need an idea for your journal ask yourself one of the above questions for your journal entry.  You could also write your "Missionary Weekly" in your journal.  Please send that because we love "Missionary Weekly".  What may seem small and unimportant to you is fun for us to read and we find all of it important!

A6. The “Best Two Years” moment was the best part, of course. There weren’t really any “worst” parts.  It was a pretty good week. I laughed when Elder Miller started to pack before transfer calls came.  It was also funny seeing how much stuff he had. lol.  I learned that study is very important. I’m not writing in my journal as much as I should, BUT for my last 7 months out I will be writing in it as much as I can!!! That is so true about what’s important to others, so I can't disappoint my audience, which I guess I already have because this email is coming in late.  I will do better and that is a promise.

         Well, I better mention my new Companion. His Name is Elder Himmer and he is from Riverton, Utah.  GO UTAH!!! I mean the state not the school. I am now Senior Companion and I am now in charge of driving around, yeah. Well, I hope this email will satisfy the needs of my audience and family.  More will be on the way, WOOT WOOT!!! Well, got to go, love ya!!!!

Safety and peace, God bless and if you sneeze during this email bless your face ગુડબાય (Guḍabāya), baik, Undang Auf Wiedersehen! Requesta de pache (rest in peace), Molto Bene, الوداع, Alsons y, bonum devium, 再見 (Zàijiàn), Arrivederci!, zbogom, Nasvidenje, ವಿದಾಯ (Vidāya) अलविदा (Alavidā), pożegnanie, Hwyl fawr, kwaheri,tạm biệt, sudie, Tot ziens, elveda, smell ya later, Noice, Nofo a.  Until next time, this is Elder Morris in Paradise singing out, Peace on!!!! Do do do do do do email!

No comments:

Post a Comment